PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I gotta give the Colts credit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Even though they beat a lousy Texans team, when they smell blood in the water they never let up.

You gotta admit, if you stay focused even when winning and keep your foot on the accellerator, the opposition never gets a chance to nor the will to fight back....

as we saw today.

Disagree. Passing downfield up 37-10 in the late 4th, purely to accumulate stats. Disgraceful. Manning is trying to placate the egos of his receivers, and that ego-driven personality of the team is what submarines them in big games. I have even less respect for them now, which is remarkable considering how little I had before.

desi-patsfan said:
Your comparing the Texans to the Jets?

.....for the first 30 minutes.......I saw some similarities......didn't you?

even in the first 30 mins. The Texans are more like the Raiders than the Jets.

Please. The Jets at least have some semblance of a team and have tasted victory a little bit in the past 5 years. The Texans are a complete waste of time, and if it wasn't for the injury risk, and ensuing domino effect for all teams, they should just forfeit the games to the opponents.

manning,harrison,wayne , offensive coordinatior tom moore have been together forever now..add to that they are all good players..its expected to be honest...

The fact that the Colts always have their foot on the accelerator is the reason the Colts always fade late in the season. The fact that the Patriots pull in the reins, throttle down, and show little toward the end of games that are in the bag? That modus operandi is why the Patriots peak in Dec, Jan, and Feb. Belichick knows it is a long season. Too bad more fans and media types don't understnd the difference.

The Colts are geared to do VERY well against weak teams.

They do pretty well against top teams in the regular season.

They .... the bed when they get to play off games.

They really like to build up stats.
(It's all they've got)

Manning is an egotistical glory hound.
Really irritating and more and more disgusting as time goes on.
Ick. Yuck. Gag.

Last edited:
Since we can't go through one commercial break without an ad featuring a Manning, can't we please have a Manning-free board?

Hoodie said:
Since we can't go through one commercial break without an ad featuring a Manning, can't we please have a Manning-free board?

I second this!!!

Hoodie said:
What are those like? :bricks:

PonyExpress said:
Disagree. Passing downfield up 37-10 in the late 4th, purely to accumulate stats. Disgraceful. Manning is trying to placate the egos of his receivers, and that ego-driven personality of the team is what submarines them in big games. I have even less respect for them now, which is remarkable considering how little I had before.

Amen, my thoughts exactly. Especially for a team with a rookie RB and another who never was the starter before, it's the perfect opportunity to work on giving them reps on work on a ground control 'run out the clock' offense that they may need ( the ground control part) later in the season.
To keep passing, serves no purpose other than padding stats at the expense of experience that may well serve them if they are still playing in January and if they are in a cold weather environment... We all know that home field didn't work out for them last time and the last time they played in a cold weather environment in a January, they scored....what 3 points IIRC????

Slagathor said:
Even though they beat a lousy Texans team, when they smell blood in the water they never let up.

You gotta admit, if you stay focused even when winning and keep your foot on the accellerator, the opposition never gets a chance to nor the will to fight back....

as we saw today.

I agree with you. I made the same comment during the game. The Pats smell blood and swim away. When ever we get a big lead we always take a 8 minute break to let the other team make it competitive. We do usually win but it is stressful.

Also, the Jets are not that good of a team. The have no run game and their pass offense is way predictable. The proof they are not that good is the fact they fell behind by 24 points at home. Also, they barely beat the Titans last week. Look what the Chargers did the Titans today with a 1st year starting QB.

Ever hear of Bill Russell? In the first three quarters, he would hold Wilt to 4-6 points per quarter. Then in the fourth with the Celts up by 20, Wilt would go off for 20 points himself though his team never came close to winning. Wilt would walk away thinking because he scored 36 he had a great game. Belichick is like Russell. Do you seriously mean you were stressing over today's game? Today's game was over the moment Jackson scored to make the score 17-0.

Guys, this ain't Peyton Manning thing so stop sounding silly.

The whole "we've won super bowls because we're not like the Colts" thing is starting sound like a broken record. The point I'm mang has nothing to do with that.

It all has to do with convincingly putting away teams your supposed to.

a quote from Seymour today....

``To be the kind of team we want to be when we smell blood, we've got to finish [teams off]," Seymour lamented. ``We didn't finish on either side of the ball. We let them back in the game. We didn't seem to have a sense of urgency when we needed it. I'm not sure how good we'd be against a playoff-caliber team right now"

rabthepat said:
I agree with you. I made the same comment during the game. The Pats smell blood and swim away. When ever we get a big lead we always take a 8 minute break to let the other team make it competitive. We do usually win but it is stressful.

Also, the Jets are not that good of a team. The have no run game and their pass offense is way predictable. The proof they are not that good is the fact they fell behind by 24 points at home. Also, they barely beat the Titans last week. Look what the Chargers did the Titans today with a 1st year starting QB.

That long interception yesterday was a perfect example of this...They just needed a couple of yards for another clock grinding first down and the running game was absolutely dominating. Going for the maximum risk bomb was stoopid! (sp int)

A couple of years ago the Jets had the Steelers at the brink of elimination during the playoffs. They aren't the same team without Pennington.

I'm supposed to be impressed the Colts poured it on when the going was easy? That's not a killer instinct, that's getting amped over success. That team's problem has always been that when they are truly challenged, they back down. Pouring it on the Texans doesn't mean anything in the context of the Colts.

PonyExpress said:

Did you watch the game? The Colts were trying to run out the clock and the Texans started using their time outs. It was very odd. So the Colts decided to go ahead and play out the game if that's what the Texans were doing.

workhorse said:
Did you watch the game? The Colts were trying to run out the clock and the Texans started using their time outs. It was very odd. So the Colts decided to go ahead and play out the game if that's what the Texans were doing.

indeed. they ran more than they threw in the 4th quarter, plus the 2nd string d was giving up points left and right. if the other team stacks the box, peyton's gonna throw. it has nothing to do with any stat other than first downs.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing