PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I finally agree with Herm Edwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Herm finally found his niche for after KC fires him.

I agree with him.. I'm tired about all the off the field problems players are having and if they need to be a hard as@ to get it done, so be it...

Could not agree more, small fines for millionaires is not much of a penalty. The NFL is a tremendous marketing machine, a few mess things up, they should be dealt with more appropriately than they are right now.

Maybe Herm finally found his niche for after KC fires him.

No kidding. KC was stupid for hiring him in the first place. That playoff game vs. the dolts still pisses me off. But at least he was able to give his buddy dungheep a nice, warm hug.

You conduct yourself to PLAY THE GAME.

Let's see what happens when one of his own black chappies misbehaves.

I have no doubt he'd make an example of them. But what does the color of their skin have to do with how they should be dealt with?

I'm sure that Edward's is stepping forward in hopes of being a good black role model for the significant percentage of blacks in the NFL but I don't think anyone's suggesting that this is a white only issue.

It could be cultural in part certainly - a lot of these players with rougher backgrounds have "friends" that aren't friends who don't exactly keep them out of trouble... but I've never heard that Edwards treats black players different from whites.

canofworms2.jpg

I have no doubt he'd make an example of them. But what does the color of their skin have to do with how they should be dealt with?

I'm drunk as **** so forgive any gramattical errors are in here.

I wasn't trying to be racist. In fact, I'm not a racist. But what does the color of their skin have to do with it? Nothing. I just said "black" because most of the people that play in the NFL, pr any other pro sport, ARE black. Nothing racist... just clarifying.

The beginning and the end of the significance of Edwards' race, IMO, is this:

It's somewhat heartening when not only brilliant African-Americans get jobs, but also African-American mediocrities get good jobs and then get more chances to fail. Few things have made me feel better about race relations in the US than Bobby Grier getting another good job after his disaster at the Patriots.

Outside of that, Herm Edwards is like Doc Rivers -- an impressive person, who therefore has some excellent insight and attributes as a coach. But ultimately mediocre overall due to his Xs and Os weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back