PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I doubt we'll make the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oakland willbe a difficult game- they beat the Jets. Az will be a difficult game, they havea good offense. Buffalo in Buffalo in late Dec anything can happen.

It's not over untilthe Fat Lady sings and I don't hear her. The Jest have to play the Fins so one of those teams will lose or maybe they will tie. It's only a 16 game season so I'm going to start looking froward after all 16 have been played, not before.

Apparently, we are not going to win a division and a playoff spot.

Oh, well, you can start on your offseason plans now, I guess. Work on the house, take a community center course in Wicker or Crochet.

Most of the rest of us will continue to root for the team we care about.

Most of the rest of us will continue to root for the team we care about.

Terrell Davis and Jim Mora both think the Pats will win the East. They know more about football than me, so I'm going to go along with whatever they're thinking. :D

Terrell Davis and Jim Mora both think the Pats will win the East. They know more about football than me, so I'm going to go along with whatever they're thinking. :D

Playoffs? You kidding me?
esc_JimMoraPlayoffsRant_118776602311881963612.jpg

No matter how many times I watch that rant, it still makes me smile.

...wait until you get a look at Fitzgerald and Boldin. IMO the best WR tandem in the league....and its not close.

Not close? They're good but I'd say #81 and #83 will have something to say about that!

But if they said "The Pats won't make the playoffs", you probably call them morons and should lose their job. Right? :rolleyes:

If the Pats win out, they have a good chance of winning the division. If they lose one game, it's over. The Jets and Dolphins will not win out because they play each other week 17. Like I said, the Pats have to win out, the Dolphins have to lose to the 9ers or Chiefs but beats the Jets. Honestly, I would be shocked if this scenario occurred. If this doesn't happen, the Pats only hope is win out, the Jets lose a game but beat the Dolphins and the Ravens losing two out of three.

Last edited:
But if they said "The Pats won't make the playoffs", you probably call them morons and should lose their job. Right? :rolleyes:

No I wouldn't, Mr. Ear Chives.

fvt748619yqkn6fqn.jpg

Last edited:
No I wouldn't, Mr. Ear Chives.

fvt748619yqkn6fqn.jpg

I just find it funny when people on this board find something positive in the media regarding the Pats they say "they know more than me so I can't disagree". But when it's something negative, people on this board say "their stupid and they don't know what their talking about".

I just find it funny when people on this board find something positive in the media regarding the Pats they say "they know more than me so I can't disagree". But when it's something negative, people on this board say "their stupid and they don't know what their talking about".

Well, admittedly, I was being facetious about their comments, and I think my Faulk quote proves "experts" get stuff wrong lots.

I generally try not to refer to anyone's opinion as "stupid". Again, with exception of Marshall Faulk...

The Pats have to win out and let the chips fall where they may. This season has been a success no matter what. When you consider all the injuries, particulary the best quarter back in the league, they could have won 3 or 4 games. When Brady went down the season ended.

We've supposedly been struggling since day one of this season and yet we are tied for the division and we're competing in most games.

We'll make the playoffs. I said it at the start and I still believe it.

Arizona has won the division, and would have to win out to get a first round bye. A loss this week would nix that totally.

I would not be surprised if they rested some players for the Patriots game.

Well, admittedly, I was being facetious about their comments, and I think my Faulk quote proves "experts" get stuff wrong lots.

I generally try not to refer to anyone's opinion as "stupid". Again, with exception of Marshall Faulk...

I know you were when you put the smile at the end. However, there are people on this board who are exactly like the example I posted.

from the moment brady got hurt, and we learned it was for the season, i siad we would finishi 11-5, 10-6 at worse...

i believe now that 11-5 is correct

when i said that i naturally thought we would be in for the playoffs....11-5 may not cut it this year, but were not at that point yet...

you never know what can happen, and i think this team has a chance against any team in this league

When Brady went down I said 10-6. If Brady was playing these last 3, we'd be 11-5, but he's not. 10-6, fins win out and make it at 11-5. I also predicted the Phins to take the afcE after smacking us at home early in the season...have to stick to my guns. But I would love for us to pull the 3-0, Im just not sure if it would matter. I like the phins at this point.

When Brady went down I said 10-6. If Brady was playing these last 3, we'd be 11-5, but he's not. 10-6, fins win out and make it at 11-5. I also predicted the Phins to take the afcE after smacking us at home early in the season...have to stick to my guns. But I would love for us to pull the 3-0, Im just not sure if it would matter. I like the phins at this point.

The Jets fans would be very entertaining if Chad Pennington keeps them out of the playoffs, I must say.....

The Jets fans would be very entertaining if Chad Pennington keeps them out of the playoffs, I must say.....

would be a little less entertaining if we had to deal with the same scenario.

"Yeah, what's with all those negative vibes Moriarty?"

"Man, don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning"........"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some kind of a weird sandwhich, not some nut who puts Shermans up against Tigers"................."Oddball, I can see trading for the uniforms, but to buy this tank you have to be crazy, the fuel system leaks all over the place, it's a piece of junk!"

Kelly's Heroes; my number three all time favorite war movie (behind Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers)................

"would be a little less entertaining if we had to deal with the same scenario."

Great point; who'd have thought the Jets dumping Pennington and having him land in Miami would end up biting us in the *****, but that is exactly what appears will be the case here.

I guess to some degree him going to New York in the last game of the year and beating the Jets to give the Doofins the AFCE crown would be poetic justice............

"would be a little less entertaining if we had to deal with the same scenario."

Great point; who'd have thought the Jets dumping Pennington and having him land in Miami would end up biting us in the *****, but that is exactly what appears will be the case here.

I guess to some degree him going to New York in the last game of the year and beating the Jets to give the Doofins the AFCE crown would be poetic justice............

Yes it would. But I'd rather see us win out and the phins drop a game and then beat the rats...that would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes