PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I doubt we'll make the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
IWe absolutely need a corner, I don't think we can count on Wheatley and Wilhite.
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing that we won't see much of Wheatley for the rest of the year...

Arizona's last 2 games in the east they've given up more than ONE HUNDRED points. Pats will win that one, fellas.

Most people thought the Pats were going to get schooled against the Broncos on Monday night. Look how that turned out. Sure, the Cards are going to score against the Pats. The question is, can the Pats keep up with them? If the Pats can handle their reckless blitzing, then the Pats should be able to score easily on the Cards defense. After looking at the playoff race, the Pats need to win their division or it's early vacation in January.

Last edited:
Any one wanna talk about oakland? The raiders, anyone? Oak?

Most people thought the Pats were going to get schooled against the Broncos on Monday night. Look how that turned out. Sure, the Cards are going to score against the Pats. The question is, can the Pats keep up with them? If the Pats can handle their reckless blitzing, then the Pats should be able to score easily on the Cards defense. After looking at the playoff race, the Pats need to win their division or it's early vacation in January.

I think the Ravens lose to Pitt and Dallas.

things change every week. Would anyone have predicted the jets losing to SF convincingly ?
before the AZ game lot of things can happen...including to AZ.

The Cardinals dont scare me at all... I think if you shut down or slow down or even rattle Warner that whole team will fall apart.
They are pretty overrated in terms of a team as a whole, their defense is nothing special and they have probably the worst running game in the NFL right now... Ill admit their offense is pretty good but once a team manages to throw off Warner beating the Cardinals will be a cake walk.

I just want to win the next three games and if 11-5 does not get the Patriots in the playoffs, then they will be the first team in NFL history to win 11 games and not get in the playoffs with their backup QB and a rebuilding defense. That comes after the Patriots were the only team in NFL history to finish 16-0 and go on to lose the Super Bowl....

There still is an opportunity to make history.

Of course, I hope we can, but I'm very scared about playing Arizona. They will likely beat us. We haven't beaten a good team all season (other than the Jets.) Unless Seau and Colvin suddenly discover the fountain of youth, I think injuries have taken their toll; and we'll look ahead to next year. With a fistful of draft picks, and a healthy cap situation, we should be able to retool nicely. I also believe we'll get something for trading Cassell.

*sings*

That is why they play the Games.:singing:

Last edited:
The Cards don't play defense on the East Coast. Imagine how they will play on the East Coast with nothing to play for?

They are who we thought they were.

Winning the AFC East seems unlikely, but not impossible. Winning the last wildcard spot (Indy already pretty much has the 5th seed locked up), doesn't seem that far fetched. I can easily see Baltimore losing 2 of their last 3 with the schedule they have, and if the Pats handle their business in the final 3, they'll snatch the 6 seed. I'd LOVE to see them win the division again, but I'll take the playoffs any way I can get it.

So the off season starts today?:eek: I think that I will wait until the season is over as my crystal ball is broken.

Too many are looking ahead to Arizona and less Oakland

The Raiders are not world beaters but if you look past ANY team in the NFL it usually comes back to bite you in the arse

Besides,Arizona is a VERY POOR team on the road in the east,I would be more concerned about a division rival at home in the last week trying to knock us officially out...my concern of the next 3 would be the Bills

With the Jets fading, and the Fins likely won't win out, I think the Pats take this division, and at least win the WC game.

If you guys play the Titans in the AFCDG, I think y'all will have a good chance b/c Kerry Collins won't get it done when the game is on the line.

Pittsburgh will be very tough though-they may be a bit overrated, but they are pretty darn good and really beat you up physically(as they did to my team the other day).

Too many are looking ahead to Arizona and less Oakland

The Raiders are not world beaters but if you look past ANY team in the NFL it usually comes back to bite you in the arse

Besides,Arizona is a VERY POOR team on the road in the east,I would be more concerned about a division rival at home in the last week trying to knock us officially out...my concern of the next 3 would be the Bills

We don't play on the team.

Even if we win all 3 games, it doesn't mean that we'll be in playoff. At this point, we need to PRAY for the loss of Jets and Dolphins. I hate the fact that we are praying for other teams to loose so that we can get what we want.

When we hear BB telling everybody about 'the best chance to win with Cassel', can somebody ask him 'to win what' please? Apparently, we are not going to win a division and a playoff spot.

Last edited:
People on here responding to the OP by saying "let's focus on Oakland & not get ahead of ourselves" are absolutely hysterical. This is a messageboard. We are fans. Not players. Not coaches. Not even ball boys.

If a poster wants to discuss what they think will happen in a few weeks, they are more than welcome to. If you only want to focus on talking about the Oakland game, great, that's your prerogative, too: but don't be a seagull and fly by someone else's thread, crap all over it, and take off.

As to the OP's point, the Arizona game won't be easy with the injuries on defense. Those who say the Card will have "shut down with nothing to play for" are kidding themselves. We're not talking about the Colts or Steelers here; this Cards team hasn't made the playoffs since forever and I highly doubt they will go into cruise control starting Week 16. In fact, depending on how things unfold, they could be still be playing for the #3 or #4 seed, which is well worth the effort.

I personally feel the NEP will pull it out, but it will all be on the arm of Cassel, as the D will be letting up 30+ easy in that game.

Maybe we will and maybe we won't.
Either way I am very proud of what this team has been able to accomplish.

.....and yeah, I think this team can go as far as the 2001 team because they too were considered mediocre by the media and us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back