PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't want to see Cam Newton in the AFC East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is your belief, The kid is a playmaker, and a leader. His physical intangibles are unmatched as for as and he has shown the ability to deal with pressure and the spotlight. Is he going to come right in and win the NFC south? No. Will he be a first year probowler? probably not 5 years from now if Carolina builds around him could they be a perennial contender? yes
Everyone knows college football is not the same as NFL football TriplecHamp. Physical intangibles mean jack squat at QB. Watching Peyton and Brady attempt to run is about as exciting as watching an ocean liner enter port. Cam Newton isn't Michael Vick and he isn't Aaron Rodgers.

Also, being a professional scout doesn't mean you get decisions right either, especially not down Carolina way. They've butchered the last 3 drafts if memory serves.

Good luck to him but I don't see him being a QB of note in the NFL for the lacking mental capacity he's shown in every single interview I've heard. What he has going for him is Ron Rivera being the head coach and DeAngelo Williams, Johnathan Stewart and Mike Goodson taking the load off him.

Last edited:
Everyone knows college football is not the same as NFL football TriplecHamp. Physical intangibles mean jack squat at QB. Watching Peyton and Brady attempt to run is about as exciting as watching an ocean liner enter port. Cam Newton isn't Michael Vick and he isn't Aaron Rodgers.

Also, being a professional scout doesn't mean you get decisions right either, especially not down Carolina way. They've butchered the last 3 drafts if memory serves.

Good luck to him but I don't see him being a QB of note in the NFL for the lacking mental capacity he's shown in every single interview I've heard. What he has going for him is Ron Rivera being the head coach and DeAngelo Williams, Johnathan Stewart and Mike Goodson taking the load off him.

Cam Newton is Cam Newton, everybody loves comparisons, weather it be Jamarcus Russel or Ben Roethlisberger. Im not about to sit here and call him a boom or a bust before he has one NFL snap under his belt. I think calling any 1st round prospect who has played well in college and has 0 real character/work ethic issues a bust.

Last edited:
And then there are players, like Cam Newton, who seem especially prone to claiming that mantle.

That's fine that you disagree. But appealing to the authority of NFL scouts is a dubious argument, at best.

The only reason Im even "appealing" to them is because nobody knows **** about the draft, nobody. NFL scouts know a little more than we do. Do they get things wrong? Yes but I trust an NFL scouts opinion over somebody on a message board, no offense. Not to mention I've seen some things on this board and others that lead me to believe that too many personal opinions go into analysis.

*Connor Barwin

Cam Newton is Cam Newton, everybody loves comparisons, weather it be Jamarcus Russel or Ben Roethlisberger. Im not about to sit here and call him a boom or a bust before he has one NFL snap under his belt. I think calling any 1st round prospect who has played well in college and has 0 real character/work ethic issues a bust.
I'd say there is a whole host of character issues. The apple rarely falls far from the tree and I don't believe for one minute Cam didn't know what his father was doing.

Good luck to him and we'll get to see how this all plays out. I know what side of the fence I'm sitting on ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back