PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't want to see Cam Newton in the AFC East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB=TD

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Bills will have a better version of Mike Vick.:(

More like a faster version of Rohan Davey. Bring him on.

I do. He's going to suck.

He's exactly the kind of QB that BB dominates most easily.

Really? Got any data or is it just a feeling?

Fitzy burned them with the run, Mccoy burned them, a back up for the Lions and Green Bay did it on numerous occasions.

this guy has thrown less than 300 passes in his career, slow down. I'd love to see him in the AFC East and get his head taken off his arrogant body.

Fitzy burned them with the run, Mccoy burned them, a back up for the Lions and Green Bay did it on numerous occasions.

Those aren't run first QB's. Your fear is not warranted.

Newton is a tremendous physical specimen, 6'6" runs a 4.5 forty and that gets you very far in the spread offense in college. It does not get you very far when a 6' 5" 300lbs defensive tackle runs you down. The defenses in the NFL are too fast and too big for a running QB to survive. Running QBs be their very nature get less calls than pocket passers when it comes to roughing etc. (just ask Vick). Like any gimmick it may last for a while maybe even a year (see Vince Young) but sooner or later, like the wildcat, the NFL figures it out.

Now add to the fact that Newton has questionable work ethic and has never had to make a second read in a football game, and I say bring him on! Twice a year would be great. He is gong to cost someone a general manager career, the only question left is which GM is going to make the mistake????????

Last edited:
Give me Cam Newton over Von Miller or Dareus trying to take Brady's head off.

The Patriots can't defend running Quarterbacks.
They can't, where have you been for the last 10 or 15 years. Ye of little faith.

I would love to see him in the AFC East. Newton is going to be an epic bust. Good luck running like a dump truck through the likes of Jerod Mayo and Brandon Spikes. Good luck throwing off your back foot against the likes of Darrelle Revis and Devin McCourty.

After watching Gruden with Newton I have no concerns about him at all. He's not stupid but he clearly doesn't do any homework and i think he is a guy who relies solely on his athleticism to get by. I wouldn't touch him in the first, i think he is a developmental project who will need 3-4 years minimum to be able to run a pro offense unless it is completely dumbed down for him. If the Bills choose him they are looking at another decade of incompetence.

I'd love to see the Bills take him and the Dolphins take Mallett.

It's fun when division opponents suck.

I do!! He'll either suck and give us easy wins against the Bills, or he'll be great and the Patriots will actually get a challenge for once. I never look forward to the Pats/Bills games. Maybe that will change.

Last edited:
Why not? I personally can't wait to see Von Miller lay him on his ass ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes