Welcome to PatsFans.com

"I don't want Muslims in America" implies racist Republican congressman

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/20/lawmaker.koran/index.html

Expect Virgil Goode to become the next darling of the fringe Religious Right and the laughable "blame Clinton for everything" crowd.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +714 / 2 / -9

He Sees Whats Coming

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 6 / -2

The guys a retard. Who cares if muslims are elected to office or not. I don't see why people are so fearful of religion in this country. People should fear religious lunacy, but not religious people. The guys an idiot. Reducing legal immigration is dumb too. I'm in favor of increasing legalized immigration. I'm vehemently opposed to illegal. The guy is an idiot.

4. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He likes the bible more than the Koran.

I disagree with his general assessment but on the other hand, look at what the increasing Muslim population has been doing in Europe (especially France)

Immigration without the slightest bit of assimilation equals problems.

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 6 / -2

I read some on this Turd, about american muslims versus European muslims, and the contrast in each's sentiment is very different. American muslims, like most foreignors who come to this country, do not feel left out. European muslims do. As "liberal" as most people feel Europe is, it's actually filled with more bigots than the US. There were some polls conducted about this very topic, and muslims inside the US had a far different favorability response than their Euro counterparts. I'll try to find it later.

BTW, I think the guy was off base, but I do support the bible for its symbolism. The oath is about the peoples trust. It's not about insulting the Quran or anyhting, it's about the fabric of our heritage as a nation. The symbolism.