PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't usually pile on BOB, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that would make me smile this week is knowing that Bill O'Brien is standing in the unemployment line.

Hi Josh, it's Bill, want a job?

If u want McD then u don't want Gronk and Hernandez

One bad game isn't a reason to fire O'Brien. Besides, McDaniels isn't coming back here.

He has been interviewed for the Rams OC job is the latest I heard. Only one so far too.

Speaking of Hernandez, what happened to him today?

Speaking of Hernandez, what happened to him today?

Apparently, the coaching staff didn't see that the Jets were regularly dropping a safety into the box. If they did, I would imagine that Hernandez and Gronk would have gotten more use in the passing game.

One bad game isn't a reason to fire O'Brien. Besides, McDaniels isn't coming back here.
Screw McDaniels anyways, if people think O'Brien blew the calls today they must have forgotten the playcalling in SB 42.

I think not kicking that FG was crucial. After such a time consuming drive, you needed to come away with something. It would have made it a 7 point game, who knows what would have happened afterwards but i disagreed with it then and i like it even worse now.

The rot is pervasive in this organization. How many consecutive playoff choke jobs will Patriots fans accept?

You make a great point. Tom Brady has now lost 3 consecutive playoff games. None of those 3 games were on the road. The Pats were favored in all three games, heavily favored in two of the three games. Brady played below par in all three games and lost all three games.

If next year the Patriots have the best record in the NFL again, play at home and are heavily favored for the fourth consecutive time, when Tom Brady goes under center, are you confident?

I think not.

Screw McDaniels anyways, if people think O'Brien blew the calls today they must have forgotten the playcalling in SB 42.

Nah, that was just a dominant performance from a front 4, today there is a lot more from the coaching staff you can question, fake punt, the fact that it looked like we were running down the clock in the 4th. Plus when it looks like Bill is questioning the call from his OC on the sideline, we have problems...

I don't want Josh back.

Bill O'Brien despite all of my hate from last year, did a great job this season.

Wasn't too pleased with today's performance, but that is beyond the point.

You make a great point. Tom Brady has now lost 3 consecutive playoff games. None of those 3 games were on the road. The Pats were favored in all three games, heavily favored in two of the three games. Brady played below par in all three games and lost all three games.

If next year the Patriots have the best record in the NFL again, play at home and are heavily favored for the fourth consecutive time, when Tom Brady goes under center, are you confident?

I think not.

He's still our QB.

Who would you take over him in that same situation?

The playcalling on that last drive was absolutely dreadful. Six minutes left, down two scores, and we're running the ball despite the head coach screaming at him on the sidelines to throw. Furthermore, we have a 6'7" match-up issue of a TE and we're using him to block even though the Jets are playing man and dropping one safety into the box. On top of that, Gronk frequently had nobody to block and was left just standing there. O'Brien had an excellent year. He had a horrible second half today.

On top of that, does anybody still want to make an argument for why we don't need to improve our interior blocking (specifically C and RG)? The Jets were getting pressure up the middle all day and that man was typically being blocked by Koppen or Connolly.

Agree. Especially with this last part. The interior of the line has to add some more talent, as I saw Connolly on the ground a few times and his man pressuring TFB.

He's still our QB.

Who would you take over him in that same situation?

I think Brady has become a great regular season QB, probably the NFL's best.

Based on his play in the last three playoff games, the defense will have to win future Superbowls for this team.

Last edited:
But why does BB trust Brady over the defense/Special Team even when Brady isn't playing well or when the special team/defense is playing well?
Our Offense killed us this season. I believe they are responsible for most of our loses this season.

He was. Nantz and Simms even commented on it. You could read BB's lips. Right after that, they passed once then ran the ball again. It was mind boggling. The only way that's excusable is if Brady was injured.

Wow that's insane. What the hell was bob thinking. I don't understand why he would ignore BB's request.

Whatever happened to dumping it off to an outlet receiver? They looked like McNabb and the Eagles taking their sweet time at the end of SB 39. It was mind boggling, they ran the clock out for the Jets!

Whatever happened to dumping it off to an outlet receiver? They looked like McNabb and the Eagles taking their sweet time at the end of SB 39. It was mind boggling, they ran the clock out for the Jets!

What's so troubling is that Brady did not take matters into his own hands with the tempo/playcalling. It was a very strange game for this offense.

The playcalling on that last drive was absolutely dreadful. Six minutes left, down two scores, and we're running the ball despite the head coach screaming at him on the sidelines to throw. Furthermore, we have a 6'7" match-up issue of a TE and we're using him to block even though the Jets are playing man and dropping one safety into the box. On top of that, Gronk frequently had nobody to block and was left just standing there. O'Brien had an excellent year. He had a horrible second half today.

On top of that, does anybody still want to make an argument for why we don't need to improve our interior blocking (specifically C and RG)? The Jets were getting pressure up the middle all day and that man was typically being blocked by Koppen or Connolly.
Pile on all you want, i have never liked BOB even during the last eight games of the season.

Pile on all you want, i have never liked BOB even during the last eight games of the season.

BOB was fine in the regular season. His job today was nothing like the regular season, though. It was absolutely abysmal.

Seems like the Pats overthought their game plan. Really wondeirng how badly Hernandez was injured because he was invisible tonight.

Good grief people. If our receivers don't drop the ball we win this game and Brady is the man. All the rest, fake punt, weak pass protection, no pass rush, eschewing a 52 yd f/g attempt for a 4th and 13, benching Wes - all that would have been overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes