Welcome to PatsFans.com

I don't understand this love affair with the Colts

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by GayBrady, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GayBrady

GayBrady Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Odds to win Superbowl next year.

Colts 9-2
    Seahawks 6-1
    Patriots 6-1
    Steelers 7-1
    Eagles 10-1
    Broncos 12-1
    Panthers 12-1
    Falcons 12-1
    Bengals 15-1
    Giants 15-1
    Buccaneers 15-1
    Chargers 15-1
    Cowboys 15-1
    Bears 15-1
    Redskins 20-1
    Chiefs 20-1
    Jaguars 25-1
    Vikings 25-1
    Packers 35-1
    Rams 35-1
    Dolphins 40-1
    Ravens 40-1
    Jets 60-1
    Raiders 60-1
    Cardinals 75-1
    Browns 80-1
    Lions 80-1
    Bills 80-1
    Saints 120-1
    Titans 120-1
    49ers 150-1
    Texans 150-1
  2. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +193 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

If I were a betting man, I'd have some Dolphins at 40-1. Otherwise, I don't see much value there.
  3. Ice Cold Bruschi

Ice Cold Bruschi Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't understand their love affair with us, of course I'm rooting for the pats, but we got worse in the offseason but we're tied in second for best odds with Seattle.
  4. drewdagreat

drewdagreat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We'll have Light, Rodney, Koppen, and Bruschi back among others and we got worse?
  5. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

We did'nt get worse. That's just silly.
  6. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

there's absolutely no way we got worse, the only degrade i see right away is FG kicking mostly cause i have never seen our rookie K.
  7. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Why are the World Champion Steelers so disrespected?
  8. Joe_n99

Joe_n99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Okay, I'll bite...

How do you think the Colts improved and we got worse? Since that what you imply about the colts and say about the pats....

My quick take is that the Colts MAYBE replaced the loss of James (Addai) for a break even... otherwise, how is this team significantly better?

My quick, trying not to be to biased, take on the Pats is that they have LIKELY improved on offense (Maroney, Jackson, Caldwell, Thomas, Mills, healthy OL) and MAYBE break even on special teams (Lose AV but gain some quality Gunners/returners) and just by getting healthier and having more options for depth, are at least Break even on defense but LIKELY slightly improved on defense. How do you see us getting worse?
    :confused:
  9. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bettors are forgetting about the curse of the Super Bowl losing team the year after. Seattle, if history plays out, will be 6-10 or so.

The Colts will always be the trendy pick, no big deal. Indy wins the Lombardi every year in August who you read the preseason stuff.
  10. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

The Colts had to dismantle their defense and jettison EDGE so that they could afford to sign their #2 WR - Reggie Wayne. Smart move? Not imo. That Indy defense was bad for so long, and then they let key personnel leave because they mishandled their cap to sign a WR.

That team is still going to score points but it is yet to be seen if Addai can replace Edge. And it is yet to be seen how BAD this Colts D will be.

Vegas is just going with the trendy pick so they can earn lots of money from the fools that listen to the media. Colts have 'name recognition' going for them but not much else this year imo.
  11. Lloyd_Christmas

Lloyd_Christmas I can delete my own crap! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

We were racked by injuries last year to the level that would have sunk most teams... still we fought back to make the playoffs and were among the best teams in the NFL.

With all our players back, we deserve the rank we got. Furthermore, we didn't get worse in the offseason (which isn't over). Based on our 3 substantial losses (McGinest, Givens, and Vinatieri) and our gains (Jackson, Maroney, Thomas, Mills, Gastowski (sp?), and Warfield), I see us as weaker at LB and K but stronger at RB and TE.

The LB and DB injuries that crippled us last year are unlikely to happen again to that magnitude.
  12. Brady-To-Branch

Brady-To-Branch Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 11 / -1

Just to add...

If we had done a better job of taking care of the pigskin, we would have beaten Denver and faced the Steelers at home. When you make 5 turnovers in a road playoff game (or any game for that matter), you will lose.
  13. Miguel

Miguel Patriots Salary Cap Guru PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

The Colts lost 2 players (Tripplett and Thornton) and that's a dismantling of their defense??
  14. Miguel

Miguel Patriots Salary Cap Guru PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I do not get it, either.

The Steelers lost just 4 players this offseason (Bettis, ARE, Hope and Van Offoheln(sp??)
  15. Ice Cold Bruschi

Ice Cold Bruschi Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I didn't address the Colts in my post, I disagree with the rankings in regards to the Colts, but the thing that stood out to me was that we were ranked #2. IMHO I think Denver, oddswise, should be #1.
  16. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Not to me. Losses are a part of the off-season. Every team has them. And about a third of the time it seems that the loss ended up being addition by subtraction.

But to ESPN, losing WMG, AV, and DG dismantled our team. I even heard them mention Ashworth, Dwight and Andre Davis as major losses, so I can see where someone with that mindset would see the loss of a couple of players as dismantling a defense.
  17. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Did you mean RB and DB injuries? Don't remember LB injuries like the way DBs fell during the season, and I think the lack of a healthy RB is what cost the game in Denver, though the turnovers were pretty bad
  18. Ice Cold Bruschi

Ice Cold Bruschi Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My rationelle for how I think we got worse is simply this, we lost our best reciever and replaced him with a rookie. We lost our best pass rusher and replaced him with [blank]. And we lost the best kicker in the game and replaced him with a rookie. And some key players on D- Bruschi, Rodney, and Vrabel- got older and added to their injury history. And as for strengthening the o-line, Koppen's future is unclear and there are concerns about Light.

Now on the positive side we have alot of guys who gained alot of experience next year which SHOULD only make them better, but that is never a garauntee.

And I do think its bull**** that the Colts are on top, I also think its bull**** that the Eagles are that high as well.
  19. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Plus, many draft pundits say that the Steelers had an A draft. Given the lack of strong negatives, the SB Champs should be respected and favored. Of course, that means nothing relative to actually winning. A tempest in a teapot issue.
  20. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Maybe it's because their so-called championship is as fraudulent as their coach.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.