PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I dont think KeyShawn will be coming to town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
My guess he wants 3.5 a yr... I dont think we are paying that, We will go another middle tier fa wr, and draft 1 maybee 2 wr... Thoughts???

Sean Pa Patriot said:
My guess he wants 3.5 a yr... I dont think we are paying that, We will go another middle tier fa wr, and draft 1 maybee 2 wr... Thoughts???

i agree...

branch, caldwell, childress, johnson, draft pick, one more free agent

will be batting it out in august.

This is a good year to retain all our draft picks and draft a couple

of wide receivers.

Too bad Bethel Johnson was such a dud. He helped cause this

situation.

ayjackson said:
i agree...

branch, caldwell, childress, johnson, draft pick, one more free agent

will be batting it out in august.
Actually there are 8 wideouts signed so far..so there will be another 4-5 in camp.

Pats726 said:
Actually there are 8 wideouts signed so far..so there will be another 4-5 in camp.

i'm aware of that, yet my point remains the same

I'm still in support of bringing him here. IMO he's worth 3 mill easy.
i think his attitude "problems' are overstated. After the players we have had here the past few years, we all are very leary of big mouth types. But in general WR's seem to be known for ego issues. WR's without egos and big mouths are few and far between from what I can tell. I can't stand "those type of players", but I'm trying to be realistic. Skillwise, he's certainly worth 3 mill, no? Sometimes you get a deal on things, sometimes you have to pay retail. Just the way it goes.
That's my take.

CrazyDave said:
I'm still in support of bringing him here. IMO he's worth 3 mill easy.
i think his attitude "problems' are overstated. After the players we have had here the past few years, we all are very leary of big mouth types. But in general WR's seem to be known for ego issues. WR's without egos and big mouths are few and far between from what I can tell. I can't stand "those type of players", but I'm trying to be realistic. Skillwise, he's certainly worth 3 mill, no? Sometimes you get a deal on things, sometimes you have to pay retail. Just the way it goes.
That's my take.

I agree. 3 million seems pretty reasonable for a guy with Keyshawn's abilities.

I'm imagining Dillon running a sweep to the right, with both Graham and Keyshawn blocking down...sounds pretty good to me!

I think the Pats might pay $3 million a year for Keyshawn as long as it's a relatively short-term deal. He would be a signficant upgrade over Givens for the next year or two and would be a superb complement to Branch. Keyshawn doesn everything you want from a big, strong possession receiver including go over the middle, block downfield, and stay healthy.

Where they would have problems would be if the deal had to be structured such that they were on the hook for a big dead money hit two or three years down the road.

I think the Pats should pay Keyshawn whatever it is they were going to pay Givens. And if they do it'll be a steal!

The Titans payed 5 million per year for Givens who had less than 60 catches last year. KJ had more than 70 catches last year and if 3 - 3.5 per year is what he wants, I'd bring him here.

3 million for Keyshawn, I will take that in a heartbeat. Great blocker, very good over the middle threat, a tall end zone target to throw high fades to besides Watson (have we ever had a tall wideout since the Hayes fiasco for us to throw to in the end zone?) 3 million to me seems like money well spent.

I strongly agree with the last 3 posts--I'd swallow my personal distaste for him if he made the Patriots a better team, and I do indeed believe he'd make the Patriots a better team.

Flying Fungi said:
I strongly agree with the last 3 posts--I'd swallow my personal distaste for him if he made the Patriots a better team, and I do indeed believe he'd make the Patriots a better team.
Of course. It didn't take long for me to forget Corey Dillon's most lasting image with Cinci, i.e., throwing his shoulder pads into the stands in disgust, once he got rolling for the Pats in 2004.

If TO is really going to the 'boys then Key is not returning there. Where he signs, with us or elsewhere, is then more an open question.

I personaly think he fits the specifications for the position that Givens defined as a #2; but would be an upgrade there over Givens iff only for a few years.

Oner thing I am certain about, is that Bill knows what he would be getting on the field, in the locker room, and how he would fit the Patriots Offense. There would definetly be no speculation about that.

I always defer to Beoli credentials, and I think they are better than 20-20 in this particular case.

AzPatsFan said:
If TO is really going to the 'boys then Key is not returning there. Where he signs, with us or elsewhere, is then more an open question.

I personaly think he fits the specifications for the position that Givens defined as a #2; but would be an upgrade there over Givens iff only for a few years.

Oner thing I am certain about, is that Bill knows what he would be getting on the field, in the locker room, and how he would fit the Patriots Offense. There would definetly be no speculation about that.

I always defer to Beoli credentials, and I think they are better than 20-20 in this particular case.
Yes, we want 20-15 (or was it 20-13) like Ted Williams had! :D

Flying Fungi said:

I also think (as i've posted elsewhere) that his attitude problems may be overstated. The quotes about him not playing for 2 mill, well, he has a point does'nt he? If i were him i would'nt be playing for that either. I hate the whole culture of b ig mouth atheletes as much as anyone, believe me, but we can't kid ourselves. Having a guy like this is better than sex scandals, criminal problems etc. etc. I can't understand why he's not in foxboro already.

Keyshaun at 3 mil a year. 2 year deal with a nice signing bonus. Take that in a minute. A NY minute to boot. We would have paid that to Givens without hesitation. Keyshaun is better than DG IMO...... :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes