I don't see how any draft picks get cut this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just a preseason game but all the draft picks have some skills for the coaches to build upon. It was fun to watch these kids do well in their 1st game.

Last edited:
Re: I Don't See How Any Draft Picks Get Cut This Year.

So, you were impressed by Bo Rudd???

Re: I Don't See How Any Draft Picks Get Cut This Year.

Redd ... Rudd ... one friggin vowel difference is all.:p

Umm . . . it's Ruud.

We still need to look at Wilhite and Ruud. From what I've been hearing Wilhit has looked good in practice, any reason he didn't suit up tonight?

We still need to look at Wilhite and Ruud. From what I've been hearing Wilhit has looked good in practice, any reason he didn't suit up tonight?

Got hurt early this week. Who knows, he could be dead for all BB will say..

He pulled up a little sore the other day in practice. No report on the severity but it could just be precautionary.

I liked what I saw out of some of the undrafted players, too, specifically Guyton, who looked like the first ILB off the bench and moved with a little speed.

Honestly, I saw nothing special from Slater. His return ability looked ordinary, his offensive skill set is average.

He does not seem lightning quick, nor does he seem to have dynamic acceleration. He runs high on kickoffs and will eventually get his head taken off.

I saw no evidence he is a gamebreaker on KO returns.

One positive I will say about him: he seems very comfortable on the football field. The game is not too big for him. He seems to play "smart".

I'm going on record saying that Sedrick Ellis to me is going to be Defensive Rookie of the Year, and his teammate Tracey Porter will get some votes as well. Of course all of these are barring injuries though.

I only put that in here, since you are talking draft picks.

Honestly, I saw nothing special from Slater. His return ability looked ordinary, his offensive skill set is average.

He does not seem lightning quick, nor does he seem to have dynamic acceleration. He runs high on kickoffs and will eventually get his head taken off.

One positive I will say about him: he seems very comfortable on the football field. The game is not too big for him. He seems to play "smart".

I don't know man. For a fifth round pick, he looked every bit worth that selection. I thought he showed a good burst, at times. He also got open a few times, unlike another recent rookie WR.

There is so many players they can keep. There could be a rookie or two or even three who are just victims of the numbers game.

This year should make up for last year.

So far, these players who got drafted later than most predicted are looking OK.

I don't know man. For a fifth round pick, he looked every bit worth that selection. I thought he showed a good burst, at times. He also got open a few times, unlike another recent rookie WR.

You're probably right. He looks like a potential slot WR in year 2, because he seems smart, smooth and savvy. He has natural hands but needs more reps.

I came into tonight thinking he could be a game breaker, so far i see him as a "possession" player, surehanded on KOs and serviceable as a #5 WR by next season.

For a 5th rdr that aint bad

Last edited:

Your right, he didnt show much on KOs. I was expecting him to break it outside at some point, but he took it up the gully every time and was tackled.

That shouldnt take away from his work on offense and defense. The guy was everywhere on the field and did a formidable job.

Your right, he didnt show much on KOs. I was expecting him to break it outside at some point, but he took it up the gully every time and was tackled.

That shouldnt take away from his work on offense and defense. The guy was everywhere on the field and did a formidable job.

Agree, many would be cut based on tonights performance before Slater.

Kid will be here at least 3 years while they work with him IMO. He has big hands for his size and has lots of athletic ability.

Just a preseason game but all the draft picks have some skills for the coaches to build upon. It was fun to watch these kids do well in their 1st game.

Like I said ...

trumpet_player_4yr_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes