Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The reality is that the significance of what has happened so far in FA is unknown.

Every year you lose players, and add new ones.

We have 20 mill in cap room, I believe the most BB has ever had to work with in FA since coming here.

Its easy to look at one side of the equation and jump to a conclusion.
Wouldnt it be wiser to wait until the other side is filled in before judging?

Exactly. I have to laugh at these so-called media "experts" who have already declared the Patriots offseason a disaster. Let's get real people.....we're only two weeks into free agency, and the current NFL season, so to speak. There's so much more that has yet to happen including the draft and potential FA signings of players cut by other teams. And there's still some serviceable FAs remaining on the market. Some of the Patriots best personnel moves during the Belichick era (i.e., Ted Washington) have occured during training camp and preseason. Can anybody please tell me how many NFL Championships have been won in the month of March? Yeah, just what I thought. It's extremely shortsighted to cast judgment this early in the game. Let's see how it all plays out.................

AndyJohnson said:
The reality is that the significance of what has happened so far in FA is unknown.

We have 20 mill in cap room, I believe the most BB has ever had to work with in FA since coming here.

Its easy to look at one side of the equation and jump to a conclusion.
Wouldnt it be wiser to wait until the other side is filled in before judging?

Jumping to conclusions. You mean like "Lavar Arrington hasn't played much the past two years, therefore he's been benched because of underperformance"?

AndyJohnson said:

Agreed. The problem is that there is a finite list of quality players available. The cap space doesn't help if there's no players on the market to fill it.

I'm sure everything will work out fine. And if Seymour gets signed, I'm a happy man. Still, I'd feel better if we at least re-signed some of our own FAs. We have a heckuva lot of holes to fill right now.

lying in the weeds

Actually, since everybody's writing off the Pats now -- the line is so long, even fans are wandering into it -- it's kind of like the "good ol' days of 2001-2004" when everybody was ... writing us off!!

I *love* the "no respect" card! You can get a lot of mileage out of it. Ask Rodney.

-- "It ain't over 'til it's over."

... of course, if ownership just takes the money and runs...

... as they have with the Sox, Bruins and Celts -- leaving the fans to eat old second-best fare -- then it's time for a revolution.

--- 'round the watch-fire camp.

Dark Matter, Dark Energy

dryheat44 said:
Agreed. The problem is that there is a finite list of quality players available. The cap space doesn't help if there's no players on the market to fill it.

You're thinking only about the visible stars in the universe.
Beyond them are many more to come, further down the calendar.
F'rinstance, there'll be a whole constellation of significant "June 1st" cuts,
where a club wants to split the dead money over two years.

As Coast2CoastPF says:
.....we're only two weeks into free agency, and the current NFL season, so to speak. There's so much more that has yet to happen including the draft and potential FA signings of players cut by other teams. And there's still some serviceable FAs remaining on the market. Some of the Patriots best personnel moves during the Belichick era (i.e., Ted Washington) have occured during training camp and preseason. .... It's extremely shortsighted to cast judgment this early in the game. Let's see how it all plays out

shmessy said:
Jumping to conclusions. You mean like "Lavar Arrington hasn't played much the past two years, therefore he's been benched because of underperformance"?
Thats not a conclusion, its a fact.

AndyJohnson said:
Thats not a conclusion, its a fact.

No it's not. It's your opinion.

I can vouch that the vast majority of Redskins fans were incredulous at the benching of Lavar last year. I have already supplied you with a link to an article by a Washington Post sportswriter who tells all about the unique media campaign that the Skins FO launched against him before the 2005 season. AJ, the sending of the e-mails were "fact". What you are offering is "opinion". Let's not confuse the two.

shmessy said:
No it's not. It's your opinion.

I can vouch that the vast majority of Redskins fans were incredulous at the benching of Lavar last year. I have already supplied you with a link to an article by a Washington Post sportswriter who tells all about the unique media campaign that the Skins FO launched against him before the 2005 season. AJ, the sending of the e-mails were "fact". What you are offering is "opinion". Let's not confuse the two.

The fact is he lost his job.
The conspiracy theory is that there was an ulterior motive.
I personally dont see newspaper writers as a reason to believe the conspiracy theory is reality, actually the newspaper reporter would make me think its more of a conspiracy theory.

Look, obviously you like Arrington. Thats fine, but Ive never been one to buy excuses.

If we sign Vanderjagt, I think it'll be safe to call this offseason a disaster.

AndyJohnson said:
The fact is he lost his job.
The conspiracy theory is that there was an ulterior motive.
I personally dont see newspaper writers as a reason to believe the conspiracy theory is reality, actually the newspaper reporter would make me think its more of a conspiracy theory.

Look, obviously you like Arrington. Thats fine, but Ive never been one to buy excuses.

"Reality"? The reality is this guy has a saved e-mail on his computer from the Redskins front office.

The reality is the quote from Snyder threatening the very same thing to Laverneous Coles with the flat screen TV quote.

This is not just a "where there's smoke there's fire" thing. The fire is well documented and actually occurred.

dryheat44 said:

I'm sure everything will work out fine. And if Seymour gets signed, I'm a happy man. Still, I'd feel better if we at least re-signed some of our own FAs. We have a heckuva lot of holes to fill right now.

That's exactly my fear. Whether or not they are waiting for the market to settle or something else is holding up their plans, the list of quality FA's, particularly at WR where there is next to nothing left, gets shorter by the day. And I'm not talking big name, marquee guys. Im talking about Patriot type guys like Vrabel was when he came here. The blue collar types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back