PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I dont know about u , but just strike now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
They just strike now, why put us through 2 more yrs of this...Strike, or have a lockout now, and get it done now... I dont know how any other Pats fans could be exicted over no deal being done... By the way Im done with Pro football talk as well..

BE.

PATIENT.

Lets worry about this garbage once we know whats upat 12:01. Folks, your gonna hear about 3934903490 different things these next few hours, it's all part of negotiating. I'm just saying I'm some blind optimist who dosent realize we don't have a problem we do, but whatever happens happens. If the people wanna be stupid and kill the golden goose, so be it. Lets just wait it out.

There won't/can't be a lockout until after the 2007 season ends and the CBA expires. There's 2 more years under the current CBA. It's really not that big a deal, IMO and they really have until next march to get an extension before the **** really hits the fan. The cap goes up about 10 million this year and teams that have to make cuts right now did so assuming an extension would be done and there'd be a higher cap figure. You know what folks who assume are.

Its no big deal, tell that to Deion Branch who will be a restricted Free Agent this yr. This will be hanging over the head of the leauge all yr...

PatsSteve1 said:
There won't/can't be a lockout until after the 2007 season ends and the CBA expires. There's 2 more years under the current CBA. It's really not that big a deal, IMO and they really have until next march to get an extension before the **** really hits the fan. The cap goes up about 10 million this year and teams that have to make cuts right now did so assuming an extension would be done and there'd be a higher cap figure. You know what folks who assume are.

It's deal now or deal never.

Oh, of course these next 2 years aren't a big deal. There's only 10,000 poison pills planted around every corner which make it a living hell until it gets worse in 2008. We're talking about 2 wasted years followed by a flurry of lawsuits admist a decertification.

Messy situation.

Last edited:
That is exactly what Im talking about..

It's not like it's over yet. Patience.

My patience ran out, following this sham of negotiations.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
My patience ran out, following this sham of negotiations.

I'm saying wait untill 12. Stop listening to every new report that comes out. Just wait till the deadline.

There's two years of the NFL before a strike or a lockout will happen. It'll work out.

It is pretty much sham negotiations..if all parties involved can not see what is going on...then?? Well..I think if they can not get it done..see what happens to ratings..fans etc..the ONE big thing will be the ratings and money..if this messup turns fans away from the game, they are lost. Given the poor showing of the refs in the Bowl and this calamity, if the ratings turn downward, they are basically in trouble. Looking at how the NFL is growing and how I am sure these greedy idiots saw it, it may knock some sense into them. Unfortunately, I think all sides are so focused on this one event, they are missing the large picture..How many will say you know I am done!!! It may not be the fanatics like us, but the average Joe six pack fan that just says enough is enough. Sees what is going on is bad..and..GONE!! That will be where it willr eally hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back