PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Don't Expect Much From Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Edwards can convert to the 3-4. He seems to have the tools, but I don't know enough about him to make that call. Kiwanuka seems to be the better call.
But Edwards is a better player.
I have no problem bringing in Edwards for big money to take the Burgess role from 2009 where he plays 50% of the snaps in the sub package, and anything he does in the base is a bonus.
Even if he cannot convert to a 34 OLB fully, he can play in all sub packages, he can play in the base vs pass heavy teams and we can afford to live with a bit run D struggle.
That could add up to 700-800 snaps, and would keep him fresh to rush ofr 4 quarters.

While I'd be more than happy with having a guy like Kiwanuka for pass rushing duties, the team also needs an OLB who can cover some ground, because Spikes/Mayo/Cunningham is a bad coverage trio right now, and Guyton can't hold the point on the outside.
I'm not sure I would be willing to give up a second round draft pick for a player returning from injured reserve with a herniated disk in his neck.

I'm not sure I would be willing to give up a second round draft pick for a player returning from injured reserve with a herniated disk in his neck.

I agree with you, although it's possible that the Giants would accept less in a trade. However, I was referring to him because he was one of the players Rob mentioned.

Last edited:
unless there is a agreement with judge nelson by the 8th court of appeals, then there will be no fa to talk aobut for 5 months...

Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after a veteran WR, especially one who can stretch the field (Santana Moss comes to mind) and make offers to one of the pass rushers out there (Ray Edwards, Mathias Kiwanuka, Charles Johnson, Jason Babin). If they ended up with Moss and Edwards, that would be a pretty good haul.

BB doesn't have to even make a phone call. All he has to do is accept a call from Randy or Ocho, and the vet WR is on board, for whatever minimal price he is willing to pay...

Last edited:
BB doesn't have to even make a phone call. All he has to do is accept a call from Randy or Ocho, and the vet WR is on board, for whatever minimal price he is willing to pay...

A call from Randy- yes. Ocho yes, but the last statement would be, "You need to work out a deal with Mike Brown" as he has not been cut yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back