PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't care.I can't stand it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton is gone next year. Denver has an entire young team to sign and if Peyton stays, 20 million will go to him instead of keeping their young pro bowler draft picks. So it's either Peyton with a much inferior supporting cast, or no Peyton and keep the team.

If 20 million in cap space goes to Peyton, no way do their big free agents make it through FA a Bronco

I hope they keep Peyton and they lose huge chunks of their receiving core. I feel owed "Peyton is in decline" talks

Peyton is gone next year. Denver has an entire young team to sign and if Peyton stays, 20 million will go to him instead of keeping their young pro bowler draft picks. So it's either Peyton with a much inferior supporting cast, or no Peyton and keep the team.

If 20 million in cap space goes to Peyton, no way do their big free agents make it through FA a Bronco

You seem to be conveniently forgetting the fact that they currently have 41+ million dollars in salary cap room (assuming they carry over the 10 million they still have from this year).

That isn't taking the expected salary cap increase into account. Once that is done, Denver could have around 50 million in cap space. They won't have any problems whatsoever in keeping Manning and both Thomases, which I'm sure has been the plan for awhile.

Peyton will go where the money is period.
What worries me about Denver is they may have made the team choke proof.

Fly thanks for the link and the back and forth.

Why won't this thread just die already?? There are some serious chicken littles up in here.

Fly thanks for the link and the back and forth.

No problem, buddy.

Like I said, I understand your concern 100%, but just keep the faith and believe in the system. It will pretty much guarantee that we remain competitive every year, while looking at both the present and the future.

It's a shame that our team continues to get bit by the dreaded injury bug, because it makes things look much worse when compared to teams that aren't having that problem at the moment (like Denver, for example).

Ya Bill Belichick didn't bring in Revis and Browner or anything.
Well the Jets version of Asomugha and the only JAG in Seattle secondary won't make a difference IMHO.

I will pay really good money from my pocket for seeing Brady throwing to a beast like Demaryus Thomas, Aj Green, Julio Jones...

I never said they sucked. I'm pissed because they could have a much better roster at many levels.For the life of me i cannot understand for the like 3rd richest sports franchise in the universe you got money under the cap for a once in a lifetime QB. EOS
If those hard facts make you curl up in the fetal position. then stay the F out of the thread then.

Again, when we're 12-4 an on a first round bye you wont be around here, right?

Well the Jets version of Asomugha and the only JAG in Seattle secondary won't make a difference IMHO.

I will pay really good money from my pocket for seeing Brady throwing to a beast like Demaryus Thomas, Aj Green, Julio Jones...

Because those guys are so easilbly attainable right? Because were always drafting in the top 5 right? But even if not we can just throw money at this guys to come play for the pats right? I forgot thats how it worked........

Pats. Now ask me what team has a ton of money under the cap with offensive and defensive lines like a sieve. That's played a cupcake schedule so far?

I agree that the Patriots should no longer be allowed to pick the teams they play, that's just criminal, however handling the cap is far more complicated than picking your fantasy team on Fan Duel, but it would be awesome if they could pick a brand new team every week just like you do.

I trust the Patriots to use their money wisely because they have done so better than any team in football over the course of this century, that's why they have won more Super Bowls, Conference Championships, Division Titles, Games, and have the best winning percentage of any team over that course of time. They are, however, the worst team to root for in Fantasy Football, which must be the reason you are so upset because otherwise there isn't one to be found, other than infantile hysterics, of course.

???????????????????????
What??? Are you even talking about???
Can I ask you if you hear voices in your head??

I stated facts. They have played a cupcake schedule. Competition is like 15 -25 .
Offensive and defensive line is a sieve. And they have a ton of money under the cap.
What your talking about or made up for my reasons to complain, I stated in the very first post of this thread.
Your having delusions.

Last edited:
Verbal agreements are enforceable in the court of law. Perhaps the NFL it isn't the same but it's ******** the league didn't step in. At very least Sanders and his agent broke a big time "unspoken rule." Must really suck to watch Sanders kill it at Mile High for Chiefs fans.

Presumably you mean "oral", since written contracts are of course "verbal".

Anyhow, unwritten contracts can be enforceable, but they are generally not enforceable if they are more than a certain dollar value, or are for sale of real estate, or for several other things. Google for "statute of frauds".

once manning leaves in 2 years...then what? They have 2 more good years left in them...that's about it and then nothing unless they trade for a rogers or brees which will not happen

???????????????????????

I stated facts. They have played a cupcake schedule. Competition is like 15 -25 .
Offensive and defensive line is a sieve. And they have a ton of money under the cap.
What your talking about or made up for my reasons to complain were stated in the very first post of this thread.
Your having delusions.

They play the teams they are scheduled to play, and they are 5-2.

Had you made a reasonable post stating your concerns about their lines everyone here would have agreed with it, you didn't instead you threw a temper tantrum worthy of a 2 year old, including the title. And you apparently have no idea how the cap works if you think it is solely about the money on hand at any given time, their are many more considerations to take into account other than the most obvious. They have to look at bonus money to be earned, which is substantial this season with so many on incentive laden contracts, and they have to look at the players who will be free agents and how to get the ones they really want to keep under contract signed, and the fact that those deals haven't been done yet means absolutely nothing at this point, they are really good at keeping the players they want to keep and you would be really hard pressed to make any argument otherwise. Belichick has a myriad of considerations to take into account, you are simply looking at a fixed number and your wish list and that's as simplistic as it gets.

As far as "delusions" go you are screaming about the ineptitude of the most successful franchise in football, that speaks for itself. A reasonable discussion of their weaknesses would make sense, they are apparent to everyone, you chose to go the other route and hyperventilate, that's on you.

I stated facts. .

So did I:

they have won more Super Bowls, Conference Championships, Division Titles, Games, and have the best winning percentage of any team over that course of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back