Welcome to PatsFans.com

I didn't know Simms was a Jet fan...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by KontradictioN, Jan 7, 2007.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,096 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Jesus, could it be any more obvious? Nantz is doing a good job, but Simms keeps going on about "Jets this" and "Jets that" and "Pennington this, Mangini that. Oh yeah, that Patriots are playing too". Anybody else noticing this?

2. pkb

pkb Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No. Simms is very friendly with Belichick and is in no way favoring the Jets today, imo.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  3. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I can't imagine anyone who would be less likely to be a Jets fan, given what team he used to play for (with some distinction, I might add).

4. unoriginal

unoriginal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +290 / 5 / -1

Back into the woodwork with you.

5. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,711 / 14 / -10

if you watch all simms games he gives the underdog a lot of props or teams which are not talked about much ..he ensures he talks about them.
    the afc div game against colts ..everyone was talking about manning , he tried to talk a lot about brady...
    if there is LT mania this week and SD is favored by more than 3..i expect him to talk a little more about the pats...

6. smg93

smg93 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 4 / -0

#54 Jersey

I like Simms a lot actually. I don't think he's biased against the Pats at all.

7. PatsFan-NH

PatsFan-NH Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

His kid the QB of the Bucs, Chris Simms has said he feels that Brady is like his brother, because his father is always studying up on Brady and his games, stats and other football stuff. He said he has all kinds of paperwork and stuff lying around. Simms is always a big Brady fan, and he is keen on NEP as a team and BB as a coach.

It may seem unfair, but the other team has to be mentioned too, after all the game is being broadcast for the NY market too.

8. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

9. Caspir

Caspir Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

"Oh my God, did you hear (insert media member's name) say that about (insert opponent's name here) while they were playing us? I can't believe how much (insert announcer's name here) hates the Pats! How can (insert network here) give this clown a job when he's so obviously biased? How dare he say that thing about those guys while we're playing. Were the Patriots, and they should only talk about us... oh, and only good things."

10. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For the record, I think Simms and Nance are the best announcers on the televised football games. Other games, I find myself wanting to reach through the TV and strangle the announcing teams, but not those guys.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  11. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,711 / 14 / -10

i think terry bradshaw and howie long in the sugar bowl were a welcome surprise...they were quite good and probably the best i heard this yr IMO

12. oldskool138

oldskool138 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

IMO I think Simms was swept up in the whole underdog Jets thing. Hey, give the Jets a little bit of credit. They hung in there for a good portion of the game. Simms does do a lot of Pats games throughout the season and I usually don't have a problem with him because he's pretty ballanced. Today, he talked about the Jets more than the Pats...

Now if we can only get him to say "him" instead of "eem" we'll be in business. :p