Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Fun article:

http://www.startribune.com/150/story/777522.html

Brad Childress may have overdone the paranoia last week. In his attempt to run Winter Park like the Pentagon, he kept his game plan so secret, he apparently didn't even share it with his own players

In Chili's first matchup against a renowned NFL coach with a full complement of stars, he got outmaneuvered by the great Bill Belichick on Monday night.
No, "outmaneuvered" is too polite. Last week, Childress appeared to mock Belichick's use of the injury report as a smoke screen. Monday, Belichick, not coincidentally, tried to run up the score, keeping quarterback Tom Brady passing in the fourth quarter when it was 31-7. The message from Belichick to Childress: "Respect your superiors. I could outcoach you with one lobe tied behind my ear."

Childress already keeps reporters stationed across the street in an office building. After what Belichick did to him on Monday -- outcoached him like he has a mole embedded on the Vikings coaching staff -- Childress is going to banish us to Rochester, and communicate via one press release a week. In Latin. Who could blame him? Against Belichick, football suddenly looked Greek to our guy Chili.

"Childress went with the no- offense huddle."...quite a funny line

Often imitated, but never duplicated.. what a fool.

Oh, it's easy to give Belichick all the credit when the Patriots win, because the sworls of his fingerprints stand out so prominently on the Lombardi Trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back