Welcome to PatsFans.com

I cant believe they would politicize that funeral like that!@!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Feb 8, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

OMG...they were up there talking politics: civil rights, poverty, injustice, illegal wiretapping, all sorts of stuff that makes racists uncomfortable!

How dare they speak that way in front of the president?

Rush Limbaugh is outraged.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Yeah, MLK would never have approved of speaking out for human rights, especially if it was discourteous to the President.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

I LOVED IT, THEY JUST STUCK THEMSELVES DEEPER INTO THEIR "HATE FILLED CESSPOOL" THEIR ANGER AND UNCONTROLLABLE HATRED IS DESTROYING A ONCE GREAT POLITICAL PARTY. IT WAS GREAT (FOR US NEO CONS)

WE NEED MORE PICTURES OF "LIMPY WIMPY SISSY CARTER" AND A LOT MORE OF "ANGRY HILLARY"...........HOT DAMN :bricks:
  4. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How's this for Hillary:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/evilpundit/blog/images/hitlary-2.jpg
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It was shameless grandstanding I tell you.They even went so far as to criticize the war ...err peace president. Wait...which one is he this week?
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

The great uniter, showed how deep the divide really is, I am surprised to see that he even showed up, love his body language in his chair.
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Well politicizing the commie Wellstone funeral really helped, just as this one will also.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I thought Wellstone was a great American even though I disagreed with most of his positions. I had the pleasure to have a conversation with him a long time ago. You never had to guess what he meant and you ALWAYS knew he meant what he said. ALL of my friends are like that- that's one of the criteria I have. I'm sure your intended insult is making him smile if he's anywhere, now.

I did hate what they did at his funeral, though. It made my stomach turn. No class. I didn't see the King funeral, so I have no comment.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

The Dingobats:
    The Liberals should never let that "Wimpy Little Jellyfish" Carter anywhere near any of their gatherings, they loose thousands of votes as soon as he enters the room.

Ted Kennedy stood and applauded when the magic word "Wiretapping" was mentioned by one of the "Bush Haters".

Kennedy's two Brothers (Bobby/Jack) and the Homosexual FBI Director (Hoover) WIRETAPPED Coretta Kings Husband when he was on the road "CHEATING ON HER" with Hotel Chambermaids. (Democrats HATE to even think of this)

The PHONY democrat haters condem Wiretapping when two of their all time "HEROS" Wiretapped the husband of the women laying in the casket in front of them.

What a pack of double standard hateful Rat Ba$tard$.

They Turned The Funeral Into A Political Circus......SHAME.
  10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Completely classless, but that is exactly what we have come to expect. If you think that any of that did the Dems any good your insane. Everything has a time and a place. As President, Bush "did the right thing" by attending the funeral. He made no policy remarks, no agenda driven speech, he simply lauded the deceased and praised her life.

I am convinced the Democrats are incapable of embarassment! How in God's name can you talk about this stuff at a funeral? If the King family was so bothered by the wire taps (which were reprehensable, then, and are still now), they would have thrown Teddy out on his arse.

For the record:

Bush, is wiretapping international calls only in the instant that one of the parties has a link to a terrorist organization which has caused the death of thousands of Americans and states that it wishes to kill more Americans.

The Democrats:
    Rounded up innocent Japanese Americans and placed them in Concentration Camps for four years.

Wire-tapped not only the phone, but the house and almost every other hotel room Martin Luther King every stayed in.

Had the CIA follow Malcolm X through-out Africa, and America.

Yeah I can see the moral "high ground" that Jimmy (the absolute worst President in US History) Carter talks about.
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Certainly, MLK and Coretta Scott King would have approved of using such a visible event to speak out on issues dear to their heart. They lived the struggle to make America a fairer place, and that struggle doesn't die with them, though the right-wing wishes that was the case. It would have been disrespectful to the King's not to use their funeral services to speak out about the causes that they stood for and against.

We don't know that. All we have is the admnistration's wrod. There are no checks and balances in place. You trust them, I don't. They have pattern of lying and deceiving.

Absolutely disgraceful, but did the Republicans object?

As a result of acts like this, Congress demandedm ore oversight and thus set up the FISA court.

I didn't know this, but it was also wrong by the Democrats. Demonstrates the to willingly surrender our liberty and freedom.

I'm not sure what Carter did in terms of breaking the law, but obviously our law has evolved, and Bush is trying to push it the other way. By the way, there's no way Carter was the worse president in US history. Nixon, Hayes, and others were outright corrupt. Bush has destabilized the world, and is engaged in record borrowing to sustain our economy. Carter was not a great leader, but he was a good man, and in fact the economy actually started to turn around before he left office.

By the way, here's a link to a very beautiful and very political eulogy that MLK gave at the funeral for four child victims of southern racism:

http://www.africanamericans.com/MLKjrEulogy.htm
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

I never thought I would be defending this guy, but, the only Democrat at that funeral that showed any CLASS whatsoever was Bill Clinton, he said the things that should have been said, he was attending a FUNERAL not a "Democrat Bush Bashing Rally" and he acted accordingly.

Jimmy Sissy Carter is probably the most disgusting whiney weasle we have in the public eye today in America, the American people knew what they were doing when they sent him packing. Carter has the distinction of being thrown out of office by the biggest landslide this country has ever seen. Carter is the wimpering cowardly "fool president" who sees flying saucers, he didn't even have the courage to turn and face the President he was trashing who was sitting direcly behind him. JIMMY CARTER dragged the democrats through the mud and made George Bush look like "Jesus Christ"

The democrats lost a lot of support at the King funeral, their hatred is destroying them.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  13. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The FBI had files on thousands of people during Hoovers turn at FBI director--John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, Lucielle Ball. Wheres the outrage for them?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

I agree, and Bobby Kennedy had to authorize every one of them.
  15. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I see we are justifying Bushs illegal activity by referring to past illegal activity. Good tactic.

Even George Washington used electronic eavesdropping according to Alberto "I Snuck Over the Mexican Border" Gonzales. :rofl:

But back on point....what gives Carter the right to talk about illegal wiretapping? Oh yeah, he signed the FISA act.

And Patters, don't expect an answer from FTW. He just reiterates the same assumptions about who and how the NSA is eavesdropping, but has no evidence to back up his claims. How could he know (unless he is one of them who also illegally is going around the courts to spy)? For a cop, I would think he of all people would know the law. I guess he gets his law lessons from Rush Limbo.

Am I right?
  16. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

GEEZ, maybe just maybe I KNOW a little more about this stuff than the rest of you, Maybe just maybe I'm privy to info that the rest of you are not. Or maybe, just maybe I listened to the words of the Attorney General (who by the way is Hondurain and not Mexican). How many times do they have to explain this? Two cretieria: #1 International call #2 one of the parties has ties to Al-Quaida. Can you prove that they are doing anything else? No you can't.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Wiretapping, it is the only thing the "Dingobats" have left to throw at him and it is failing just as all their other "smears" have.

The American people want to be Protected, the American people want to know when the savages are planning on killing them and bl0owing their childrens arms off.

It WILL all blow over and the sore losers will be sniveling and scrounging looking for some other "Loopey Accusation" to blabber and squeal about.

The DUI
    The Desertion
    The AWOL
    Al "Crazy Gore
    John "Fonda" Kerry
    Dan Rather
    Hollywood
    George "Money Bags" Soros
    Terry McCauliffe
    The DNC
    The NAACP
    Cindy Sh!than and her little "Gang"
    Now Wiretapping (soon to be forgotten)

He wiped the floor with all of them.
  18. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Or maybe you are simply spinning to cover the ass of your beloved leader? Maybe I'm privy to information that you are not. Like the simple fact that since Gonzo is not sworn in, he can tell the Senate anything he wants them to believe, without any concern for future perjury charges against him. But you believe everything he says, although he has not been sworn in, because it fits into your view of what the trustworthy Bush is doing.

It comes down to trust, doesn't it? For some completely obscure reason, you trust Bush. For some equally crazy reason, over 50 percent of america doesn't.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/PollVault/story?id=1549959

Its that propaganda from FOX news that keeps you in line, isn't it? And you can't prove that what they are doing is what they are saying they are doing.
  19. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It amuses me that all of you liberals KNOW FOR A FACT that Clinton had 3 chances to catch Bin Laden, but didnt, that Clintons weak kneed reaction to terroris attacks thru his 8 years in office which led directly to 9-11. Yet you sit there drawing flies...and yelling for Bush's head. How utterly pathetic.
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

It's like beating a "dead horse" or talking to a "tree stump".

They completely ignore the eight years that the Muslims had to plan 9/11 all during the nineties, they bombed NYC in 1993, the Democrats did nothing, the Blind Muslim Leader yelled as he was being led away, "we will be back to finish the job" the Democrats did nothing, and "Back they came" they killed 3000 in two hours, they trained for this attack right here in America all through the Clinton years "EIGHT YEARS THE DEMOCRATS HAD TO SPY ON THEM" they did nothing.

On 9/11 they attacked, the scummy sore losing haters Blame Bush, the Clinton Democrats had EIGHT YEARS to "WIRETAP AND SPY" they did nothing, they didn't want to OFFEND the Muslims.

Bush had eight months, yet the "LOONEYS BLAME BUSH"