PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I can NOT stand WEEI's Big Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

screamingPatsFan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Folks I HAVE FREAKING HAD it with these people. I don't know how you can continue kissing someone's **** for all of these years yet you keep hosting a show on a major radio station.

I love the Pats as much as the next guy... but ENOUGH ALREADY. How hard is it to rip the team once in a while (aka be objective HELLO!!!!) especially after they've made the most outrageous, foolish first round pick in their recent history?!?!?

I want someone to voice my frustration... I don't need some phony host to ride the fence all day long and escape ANY questions criticizing the Patriots.

Can someone explain to me why they're doing this? I'm not naive... I know the reason but the more I keep thinking about it, the more it seems like there other reasons why this show treats the Patriots like this.
Their shtick is getting old. Ordway avoids taking sides to stir things up and get callers... thats getting old.

Somehow they always find excuses to justify things whenever someone calls up and says something bad about the Pats. Their voices get louder and you cant get a word in edgewise (like the caller on the line right now)

Anyone out there carries the same level of frustration????

There are not enough words in the English dictionary to express how I feel about these guys...they make a living out of "riding the fence", literally.

I know this post sounds very negative and makes me sound like a miserable guy...I really don't care and this doesn't affect my life. I just wanted to bring this up since there is no one at work who seems to care.

I hear ya', but first you must keep in mind that their objective is to attract and keep listeners, and so they tend to take positions that they think will stimulate interest in the listeners on one hand, but not aggravate listeners too much on the other hand. As a result, there will always be an element of phoniness in the opinions they express, and/or the way they express them.

Second, do not be shocked but it is actually possible that not only they may have opinions that differ from yours, but also those opinions may be formed for what they consider to be legitimate reasons.

If it makes you feel better, if you listened to Dennis & Callaghan's program this morning, they were pretty harsh in their criticism. If you missed it then I have a feeling they may have more to say on Monday, and also WEEI may have some today's discussion in their audio archives. Felger and Mazz are also pretty reliable if you are interested in hearing people complain about the Patriots.

Folks I HAVE FREAKING HAD it with these people. I don't know how you can continue kissing someone's **** for all of these years yet you keep hosting a show on a major radio station.

I love the Pats as much as the next guy... but ENOUGH ALREADY. How hard is it to rip the team once in a while (aka be objective HELLO!!!!) especially after they've made the most outrageous, foolish first round pick in their recent history?!?!?

I want someone to voice my frustration... I don't need some phony host to ride the fence all day long and escape ANY questions criticizing the Patriots.

Can someone explain to me why they're doing this? I'm not naive... I know the reason but the more I keep thinking about it, the more it seems like there other reasons why this show treats the Patriots like this.
Their shtick is getting old. Ordway avoids taking sides to stir things up and get callers... thats getting old.

Somehow they always find excuses to justify things whenever someone calls up and says something bad about the Pats. Their voices get louder and you cant get a word in edgewise (like the caller on the line right now)

There are not enough words in the English dictionary to express how I feel about these guys...they make a living out of "riding the fence", literally.

I know this post sounds very negative and makes me sound like a miserable guy...I really don't care and this doesn't affect my life. I just wanted to bring this up since there is no one at work who seems to care.

Never before have I seen a more appropriate username.

Just calm down, some people are acting like we just drafted Tim Tebow. This isn't a completely indefensible pick, even though I'm not a huge fan myself. Let's wait and see how today unfolds and then we'll have a better comprehension of the whole process.

Oh, and WEEI sucks.

Last edited:

The PFW guys were pretty harsh (but not overly so) during the first round. You might want to listen to them tonight.

The PFW guys were pretty harsh (but not overly so) during the first round. You might want to listen to them tonight.

The PFW guys were enamored with Sergio Kindle. Nothing else would please them in the first round. As news started to come out about his injury and how dangerous it could be for his carreer, it's pretty easy to see why Bill didn't take a flyer on him in the first round.

I hear ya', but first you must keep in mind that their objective is to attract and keep listeners, and so they tend to take positions that they think will stimulate interest in the listeners on one hand, but not aggravate listeners too much on the other hand. As a result, there will always be an element of phoniness in the opinions they express, and/or the way they express them.

Second, do not be shocked but it is actually possible that not only they may have opinions that differ from yours, but also those opinions may be formed for what they consider to be legitimate reasons.

If it makes you feel better, if you listened to Dennis & Callaghan's program this morning, they were pretty harsh in their criticism. If you missed it then I have a feeling they may have more to say on Monday, and also WEEI may have some today's discussion in their audio archives. Felger and Mazz are also pretty reliable if you are interested in hearing people complain about the Patriots.

I agree about the "have opinions that differ from yours" part...
I don't know how much you listen to WEEI, but this is a daily thing namely with "Dale and Holley" and Big Fraud Show.
I did catch D&C today and couldn't turn them off. Now I don't want to come off as someone who doesn't like a certain show just because I don't agree with their opinions...not true at all. But the fact that these guys formulate their opinions to cater to a team (beit the Pats or Sox) is ridiculous.
There is a difference between having an opinion and sounding like a fraud.

Never before have I seen a more appropriate username.

Just calm down, some people are acting like we just drafted Tim Tebow. This isn't a completely indefensible pick, even though I'm not a huge fan myself. Let's wait and see how today unfolds and then we'll have a better comprehension of the whole process.

Oh, and WEEI sucks.

I hate the pick but what I hate more is these phony idiots trying to sugar-coat it.

What's the matter, you get blown up?

I stopped listening to The Big Dope as soon as Felger was hired for the 2pm slot at 98.5 the Sports Hub. I recommend you tune in there when 2pm rolls around. Felger is undoubtedly a DB, but he washes the balls of no one. The Big Dope knows nothing about sports, and is the ultimate Patriots Kool-aider. Who would waste their time listening to him, and the rejects that co-host with him. It's who can yell their nonsense louder radio. No thanks.

I did the same.. I only tune in to EEI when 98.5 breaks for commercials.
Big Fraud has a sickness in that he cant take sides on anything.
Felger is Wisconsin grown DB but gotta love the guy...he doesn't hold back (lost his job for ripping the Bruins .. what more do you need to know)

I did the same.. I only tune in to EEI when 98.5 breaks for commercials.
Big Fraud has a sickness in that he cant take sides on anything.
Felger is Wisconsin grown DB but gotta love the guy...he doesn't hold back (lost his job for ripping the Bruins .. what more do you need to know)

Well, Felger is the definition of a contrarian. He always takes the opposite side of the argument and never admits it when all the crap he spilled is proved to be dead wrong. I like balanced views, and neither of these guys offer me that. If the only options are homerism and complete contrarianism, well, I'd rather not listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye