I called it weeks ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was right. NFL gave Denver the game.
1) Referee got the call wrong on the Cotchery incompletion. That was a catch. This led, directly, to Von Miller's strip sack and the Jackson TD. + 7 to Denver.

2) Referee blew the call in the 2nd quarter where Manning was down by contact despite the fact that the ref was looking right at the play. This cost Carolina their 2nd challenge.

3) On Carolina's missed FG, Denver was off-sides. -3 Carolina

4) On CJ Anderson's TD in the 4th quarter, his knees were down prior to the ball crossing the plane. It was plain as day. Yet the ref called it confirmed. +7 to Denver.

5) Every penalty in the 2nd half was on Carolina. They didn't call a single one on Denver. Yet there should have been at least 2 different DPIs and some defensive Holding..

This is why I have said for weeks the NFL wanted Manning to have his storybook ending.. Just like Ray Lewis did.

Now Manning can retire and the NFL will drop the investigation into whether or not he illegally used HGH...

Hmmm...anything in your summary about Denver's defense completely smothering the Panthers? Or was the Panther O in on it as well?

I don't know if the stuff tonight was cut and dry, but that Patriots regular season game against Denver was really really clearly a bag job.

One thing did stink about the whole thing. Peyton repeated the same stuff word-for-word tonight about kissing his family, drinking a lot of beer, err Budweiser, and saying thank you to the man upstairs. Like he was paid to rehearse it. Like the whole Super Bowl was leading to the beer advertising moment. Truly weird.

For God's sake the Panthers got demolished. Yes, the refs were biased, but that doesn't explain this assault any more than our loss last week.

or.............Denver was the better team this year and deserved to win the super bowl. Their defense stepped up big time in the playoffs and pretty much destroyed Newton in the super bowl. Von Miller played out of his mind.

broncos D won the game. they were dominant.

we have nobody else to blame but us. we should've had the home field and should've beaten the panthers.

Broncos defense dominated the Steelers, dominated the Patriots, and dominated the Panthers offenses all while carrying a pathetic Broncos offense they deserved it.

Sorry, don't agree at all. Refs took away a 3rd down stop for Denver with a ticky-tack taunting penalty on Talib and a first down redzone conversion for Denver's offense with a holding call. Both penalties were important plays for Carolina.

I agree the early review that was ruled no catch was ridiculous though.

I think both defenses were too much for the offenses to handle, and Denver got more of the breaks and forced the more critical turnovers. It was basically an ugly, sloppy game. Carolina never adjusted to Denver's pass rush, and kept sending Cam back on 7 step drops to get lunched by the outside pass rush. How stupid was that?

Basically, I enjoyed last year's game a whole lot more :)

nah...nobody to blame..

cotchcatc640x287h.jpg

That's a catch...ball on the 45 and 1st down...instead, a punt
LOOK: A controversial catch ruling pops up in Super Bowl 50 - CBSSports.com

It's a bad call...they refuse to over turn their own BAD CALL by claiming there's not enough evidence...but yeah, thats 100% OK with you blind bat morons

1: It's impossible to see all the calls or non calls on a TV telecast.

2: This thread wreaks of sore loser ... Denver deserved to win and anyone who doesn't see it is a blind homer.

3: The nose of the ball hits the ground while he is still trying to gather it ... plain to see.
Granted it could go either way but it's not 100% clear cut catch.
The nose hitting the ground helped him secure it better on his forearm.

jcatchery.0.gif

Last edited:
cmon...you just want to play surrender monkey boy...what about Talib being clearly offsides on the missed FG? No call...COINKY DINKY!!!...clear PI at the 25 deep in Denver territory in the 2nd half...no call..."doesn't mean a thing!"..and BTW, the ball NEVER touched the ground on that catch. Icy. I have no idea what the hell YOU were looking at...I just posted the gif...he's down on the ground with the ball on his hip. These are GAME CHANGING CALLS in a Super Bowl

nah...nobody to blame..

cotchcatc640x287h.jpg

It's a bad call...they refuse to over turn their own BAD CALL by claiming there's not enough evidence...but yeah, thats 100% OK with you blind bat morons

not enough evidence. and that wasn't even a deciding factor. Broncos D got to cam all day and panthers couldn't run. and WRs couldn't get open. recipe for disaster. panthers weren't ready for the big stage.

we blew it. we should've won our 5th title. blame injuries and awful coaching to blow the home field advantage.

we will be back better than ever next year. just hope we stay healthy at the end.

1) Referee got the call wrong on the Cotchery incompletion. That was a catch. This led, directly, to Von Miller's strip sack and the Jackson TD. + 7 to Denver.

2) Referee blew the call in the 2nd quarter where Manning was down by contact despite the fact that the ref was looking right at the play. This cost Carolina their 2nd challenge.

4) On CJ Anderson's TD in the 4th quarter, his knees were down prior to the ball crossing the plane. It was plain as day. Yet the ref called it confirmed. +7 to Denver.

5) Every penalty in the 2nd half was on Carolina. They didn't call a single one on Denver. Yet there should have been at least 2 different DPIs and some defensive Holding..

This is why I have said for weeks the NFL wanted Manning to have his storybook ending.. Just like Ray Lewis did.

Now Manning can retire and the NFL will drop the investigation into whether or not he illegally used HGH...
The cotchery catch was incomplete. It was ruled incomplete, and there was no obvious reason to overturn the call on the field. Anderson's touchdown looked good. Other than that I kind of agree, but a lot of the reason Denver won had to do with Ware. I think without Ware, Denver doesn't even make it to the SB. Should've been MVP IMO

nah...nobody to blame..

cotchcatc640x287h.jpg

Complete bs call. Had hand completely under ball and if anything touched it was barely the tip. If that **** was incomplete then how the hell was Tyree's a catch?

cmon...you just want to play surrender monkey boy...what about Talib being clearly offsides on the missed FG? No call...COINKY DINKY!!!...clear PI at the 25 deep in Denver territory in the 2nd half...no call..."doesn't mean a thing!"..and BTW, the ball NEVER touched the ground on that catch. Icy. I have no idea what the hell YOU were looking at...I just posted the gif...he's down on the ground with the ball on his hip. These are GAME CHANGING CALLS in a Super Bowl

It was a bad call, you're right, but it was one first quarter call. The Denver D dominated. That's why they won.

Don't forget Jerome Bettis

I never trusted the Panthers and DAB Newton, the broncos have the correct nucleus to be champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes