PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Blame the media for this loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB=TD

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
All week they acted as if past victories ment anything in this current match up. Every sound bite was filtered in a preempted Patriots victory. This wasn't even the local media but National coverage as well. These are supposed to be experts. Players get fueled off of it. It's an 07 Giant redux.

All week they acted as if past victories ment anything in this current match up. Every sound bite was filtered in a preempted Patriots victory. This wasn't even the local media but National coverage as well. These are supposed to be experts. Players get fueled off of it. It's an 07 Giant redux.

what the media says has never mattered

it`s what the players choose to believe that matters

Well, the Steelers definitely got the memo. They decided that what they've been doing for the last few matchups wasn't going to cut it, and they pulled out all the new tricks they had.

Well, the Steelers definitely got the memo. They decided that what they've been doing for the last few matchups wasn't going to cut it, and they pulled out all the new tricks they had.

Rodney Harrison telling everyone that could here him not to play zone against Brady didn't help.

Rodney Harrison telling everyone that could here him not to play zone against Brady didn't help.

The problem is that playing man is nearly impossible when you have LBs covering the Pats' TEs. You have to use DBs to cover the TEs, meaning you either need to get the Pats behind early and make them abandon the run or get them into 3rd and long, where they basically can't run. The Steelers managed to do both.

I blame the team. Maybe I'm strange.

You blame the media for hyping a game against the coach you say needs to be fired ... :rolleyes2::nosmile::rolleyes2:

I thought this was going to be one of those sarcastic "joke" threads, but I see that it's supposed to be serious. This is the kind of thread that gets linked on other boards..."See what Patriot Fans are saying about the loss...ha, ha, ha."

You guys acted ****y too, I said we would lose and some guy slams the point down my throat that Brady owns Pittsburgh, great logic.

I just didn't expect such a low score, few opportunities offensively and we wasted them.

I was very confident in a win during the bye week, but as the ridiculous noise that Brady owned the Steelers and the Steelers had no chance began to build during the week, I got progressively more nervous. Football is a game of emotion, and the Steelers played with a fire the Pats couldn't match.

I blame myself. Here is the prediction for the Patriots season that I made on 9/5:

Monday, Sept. 12: at Dolphins (7 p.m.) Win

Sunday, Sept. 18: vs. Chargers (4:15 p.m.) Win

Sunday, Sept. 25: at Bills (1 p.m.) Win

Sunday, Oct. 2: at Raiders (4:15 p.m.) Loss

Sunday, Oct. 9: vs. Jets (4:15 p.m.) Win

Sunday, Oct. 16: vs. Cowboys (4:15 p.m.)Win

Sunday, Oct. 23: BYE

Sunday, Oct. 30: at Steelers (4:15 p.m.) Loss

Sunday, Nov. 6: vs. Giants (4:15 p.m.)Win

Sunday, Nov. 13: at Jets (8:20 p.m.) Win

Monday, Nov. 21: vs. Chiefs (8:30 p.m.) Win

Sunday, Nov. 27: at Eagles (4:15 p.m.) Loss

Sunday, Dec. 4: vs. Colts (8:20 p.m.) Win

Sunday, Dec. 11: at Redskins (1 p.m.) Win

Sunday, Dec. 18: at Broncos (4:15 p.m.) Win

Saturday, Dec. 24: vs. Dolphins (1 p.m.) Win

Sunday, Jan. 1: vs. Bills (1 p.m.)Win?

Although I only have 3 L's, I pick the Patriots to go 12-4 this year. There will be another "Cleveland type" loss. If we played at KC it would be that one because we never play well there. But we don't so it will be unexpected, maybe the Bills in a snow strorm.

We lose to Pitt during the regular season then beat them in the AFCCG. That's never happened before, has it?:cool:
I think the Patriots meet the Packers in the SB and pull out an exciting win.

Division winners AFC: Patriots, Steelers, Texans, Chargers
Wild card: Ravens, Jets- Jest lose in the 1st round.

Bonus prediction: I will get a hole-in-one before the end of golf season.

If only I had not predictied a loss at Pitt, it would had never happened. I've already been wrong on the Bills and Raiders games but that doesn't matter. It's all my fault.

Last edited:

Are you serious, you blame this loss on the media? That makes about as much sense as blaming everyone but the criminal when a crime is committed. The team is responsible for their performance on the field, NOT THE MEDIA, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes