PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Ask You.....Is P. Manning Done?

DaBronxPats14

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Beginning of this season, Especially after MNF vs Chiefs, people were saying that performances of Brady & Pats are they DONE? is their run of being dominate over? Mediots, Haters lined up to take shots at us only to see Brady & Pats turn it around and take HF in Playoffs and some made apologies.

So I Ask You, Is P. Manning Done? Mediots will not ask this question because it's law in TV Land NOT to Bash P.M. but OK to make Brady their whippin boy. If Broncos have to come to Gillette ( Just Sayin) PM doesn't scare me like he did in past. Figure in weather conditions, cold, wind or snow etc and stoppin their running game, I don't think PM gets it done throwing with our D at full strength,
Thoughts???

If done is most TDs in the NFL and 4th most in yardage with a 102 rating, then yes he is done. It was the 5th time in his career he has thrown a 4 pick game.

Silly for Brady, silly for Manning. The NFL is still a Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers world. Until they start to look more like Eli Manning in the regular season, all are worth the paycheck.

I don't think he's done. I do however wonder if Horseface asks forehead to take a pay cut next year?

In recent games Broncos went to their running game more than their passing which is PM's Bread & Butter. PM not extending his streak of consecutive passes for TDs like one behind Brees. For a guy who luvs paddin his stats I found it funny, Just wondering if Broncos are tryin to balance Passing/Running or hiding PM deteriorating throwing skills.

In the real-world; HE IS DONE. If the Donkeys were smart they woud either off-load him or only plan to use him the first 6 games of 2015 while his #1 draft pick backup gets ready.

However, because he is who he is and is beloved by the Mediots; the Donkeys are almost constrained that THEY CANT BE THE ONES making that decision. his pizza-ness must make it; and if made it will be lauded as a 'courageous decision' to go out on top before any perceptible drop in his level of performance' was observed [ hack - hack, cough cough]. But I fully expect that he wants to come back regardless of how much he holds back the team as a whole; so be prepared to see the catastrophic downfall unfold for all to see by mid-season next year.

So I Ask You, Is P. Manning Done? Mediots will not ask this question because it's law in TV Land NOT to Bash P.M. but OK to make Brady their whippin boy. If Broncos have to come to Gillette ( Just Sayin) PM doesn't scare me like he did in past. Figure in weather conditions, cold, wind or snow etc and stoppin their running game, I don't think PM gets it done throwing with our D at full strength,
Thoughts???
Two things about PM compared to Brady. PM seems even more fragile in bad weather the older he gets and he is more fragile when there is pressure in his face than Brady. (All QBs are less effective to pressure)
The equlizer in my opinion and hasn't changed since September. Is that Manning has twice the receivers and a better O line I think out D is better.

Something seems wrong with Peyton. I don't think he is 100% healthy and I suspect the Broncos are concealing an injury.

Two things about PM compared to Brady. PM seems even more fragile in bad weather the older he gets and he is more fragile when there is pressure in his face than Brady. (All QBs are less effective to pressure)
The equlizer in my opinion and hasn't changed since September. Is that Manning has twice the receivers and a better O line I think out D is better.

Do you care? Can you stand it?

Do you care? Can you stand it?

I do care and I can stand it. However if Connolly is out on the O line you better pray that over the next 3 weeks that some of these cats do their best John Hannah impersonation .

I do care and I can stand it. However if Connolly is out on the O line you better pray that over the next 3 weeks that some of these cats do their best John Hannah impersonation .

The Pats just won on the road WITHOUT CONNOLLY against the best DL they will face until next season.

What's YOUR team doing after next week?

After the loss to the Chiefs, Brady was 'Done'. After an atrocious performance against the Bengals, with 4 picks, Manning has 'Health' issues.... GTFO

However if Connolly is out on the O line you better pray that over the next 3 weeks that some of these cats do their best John Hannah impersonation .

Translationdomous: 'Yoool B Soooooory!!!!!!!!'

Is that Manning has twice the receivers and a better O line I think out D is better.

I know it is fashionable to bash our OL right now, but at this point the Denver line has also regressed so much that I wonder if your statement is even true. How often have they used 6 OL sets before the Pats & Rams destroyed them midseason ?

To me this Denver team is so much more screwed in terms of their OL than we are. And I don't see how they can fix that apart from putting some "magic juice" into all of their lineman that suddenly makes them win all of their individual matchups.

I know it is fashionable to bash our OL right now, but at this point the Denver line has also regressed so much that I wonder if your statement is even true.
I agree with that. Don't forget what other team was using 6 O lineman too.
Once again Brady can do more with less. Manning still doesn't have to deal with the pressure Brady does.
Which was my complaint. Why does Brady have to settle for less than Manning. When Brady goes out of his way to help the team with his contract.

Here is the question: we have two ageing QBs. Which one do you want? I say Brady and we have him. Next.......

Once again Brady can do more with less. Manning still doesn't have to deal with the pressure Brady does.
Which was my complaint. Why does Brady have to settle for less than Manning. When Brady goes out of his way to help the team with his contract.

Brady doesn't settle for less than Manning. Compare their defense to ours and you will see where our money went. A more dominant defense gives its QB a bigger margin of error than one elite WR. Take away DT and their players on offense are not that much better than ours.

Brady doesn't settle for less than Manning. Compare their defense to ours and you will see where our money went. A more dominant defense gives its QB a bigger margin of error than one elite WR. Take away DT and their players on offense are not that much better than ours.
I can't argue with that.
But I hate putting super bowl hopes on the skills of Josh Kline vs Logan Mankins or anybody else for that matter..

Not done but he is on a pretty quick decline. He only has 1 more year left in him imo. Arm just ain't there anymore. Sure he can sling it nice a few times a game, but more often than not, they're ducks.

I think there is something wrong, especially in cold weather. He just does not have the arm strength anymore. His throws are beautiful touch passes but when he needs to zing it, he can't. At this point, he reminds me of Chad Pennington -with a better team. Luckily, the weather in Denver is good and I could see their playoff game being in the 60's again. But if he has to go East, I think they could struggle.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back