PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am starting to really....

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
..........love this Red Sox team.

What a win today! 12 wins in a row! Four up on the Yanks!
And WoW! What a catch by Coco Crisp.
I am missing Johnny less and less.

363839 said:

Yep. They play baseball here every year, I usually follow casually, but occasionally a team will truly grab me and suck me in. This was the game where I really fell for the 2006 Red Sox. That was beautiful baseball, one of the best-played games I can remember.

When Ortiz hits his 200th homer, Schilling's splitter is smoking, your 8-9-1 guys manufacture the late go-ahead run in precise textbook style, but it's your defense that makes the highlight reels...wow.

One thing about baseball is every team goes through a hot streak and every team goes into a swoon during the season. I think the Red Sox are peaking too early. It's better to do this in late August or early September.

Willie55 said:
One thing about baseball is every team goes through a hot streak and every team goes into a swoon during the season. I think the Red Sox are peaking too early. It's better to do this in late August or early September.

Yeah but they are doing this right after a losing 4 in a row, 5 out of 6 and 7 out of 10.

I also don't think they are peaking, think about it they are doing this against the NL teams which suck compared to the AL, rookie starting pitchers and two of their normal rotation guys on the DL. We will hopefully get wells back for more than 1 start, Clement is good for 10-12 wins and maybe Lester pushes him out of the rotation. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the sox go after another pitcher in a deal that might include Clement.

July as we all know is usually the voodoo month and if we can make it through July and still have a 2-3 game lead over the Yanks I think the Sox will be in prime shape to make a big run and I honestly think they are the best team in baseball right now.

Mcolby, I agree with your post except I think it's going to be
tough to deal Clement. The guy hasn't been the same since he
took that shot on the bean.

363839 said:

I don't know what his contract situation is but maybe an NL team would be willing give him a go. I just don't think there would be any room on the team for him if we deal for a pitcher and Lester stays, I guess he could go to the pen and become our version of the Yankees Jeff Weaver a from few years back.

Last edited:
363839 said:

What a win today! 12 wins in a row! Four up on the Yanks!
And WoW! What a catch by Coco Crisp.
I am missing Johnny less and less.
johnny who???

363839 said:

One of his best pitches is the one where batters tend to hit the ball right at him. He is reluctant to throw it anymore which makes him more predictable. Unless he learns a new pitch his career is over.

We can't get rid of Clement until we can get rid of the guy who started last night. Anyone who makes me happy to see Rudy Seanez has to go, go, GO!!!

363839 said:
lets get this straight.matt clement sucked with the cubs long before he got hit .matt clement was already falling apart with the redsox in 05 before he got hit .IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH WHY HE SUCKS .

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back