Status
Not open for further replies.

jbhiggy

On the Roster
Reaction score
I wish he would just retire.

Sorry had to vent.

What Farve drama? Who's Farve? I don't get this thread at all? :rocker:

I think many are..I mean it is rather ridiculous about it...if he was another QB way less famous it would be a laugh. If it happened here... (wait a minute..no player would get away with that here...) Just so poor that BF is jerking around the Packers in such a way..only 4 months before the season...I just think they should plan to go without him OR give him a deadline and after that say we'll plan without him..

Can you imagine these antics with this organization?? BB and SP would never tolerate this soap opera, too bad because BF was one of my all time favorites, now he is being regulated to should have retired when he was great.

For some reason, I get the feeling that after all this, he's gonna come back. And then we'll all be doing this again in a year's time.:rolleyes:

jbhiggy said:
I wish he would just retire.

Sorry had to vent.

I am so with you on that!

What happened to him? Didn't he used to be a class act?

Just retire, already, Brett!

I mean to say, "The Packers need to put a winning team on the field to attract me..." or whatever it was he said. What an idiot!

I'm sorry, Mr. Favre...who threw 29 interceptions last year?

And then to drag them out like this? Forcing them to wait to annoint Aaron Rodgers the starter and leaving the draft in limbo, etc.?

The Packers should just cut him loose, retire his number and move on!

If the 49ers can dump Joe Montana after four Super Bowl rings, then Favre should warrant nothing better!

Thanks for the memories, Brett!

Know when to say when!

ADPF

Last edited:
Yes, it's ridiculous how he keeps playing the press and the public like puppets (well, maybe not the press). The Packers fans I know have had it beyond up to "here."

Same with Clemens. Sit down and shut up, you *******.

Check out this interview by Packers former tight end Chmura

ESPN.COM

posted: Tuesday, April 4, 2006 | Feedback
filed under: Green Bay Packers, Brett Favre, Tennessee Titans, Steve McNair

Well, after reading today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, we all know what Mark Chmura has been up to …
"People who don't think that it's all about him [Brett Favre] are fooling themselves. With a quote like, 'What are they going to do, cut me?' It's all about him."

… and what he's been thinking about …

"Where it's hypocritical is, he's very critical of Javon Walker and he's not a team player, you know he [Walker] doesn't care about the team. Well, what is he [Favre] doing now? I mean, does he think this is the best thing possible for the team? I mean, they have one quarterback on the roster who they like, who hasn't even started one NFL game. They have to know."

… since he left the game …

"These quotes are 'I am better than the game. I will make my decision when I want, and Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy aren't going to tell me what to do.'"

… and left Favre …

"He's a selfish guy. He's a very selfish guy. And what people don't know, I'm not going to say this to throw the guy under the bus, but this is a guy from my arrest to my acquittal never called me one time."

… and left the Packers …

"There are fans out there [who] could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I think there are people out there … who are kind of on the fence [thinking], 'What is this guy all about?'"

… a few years ago.

Whew.

Hard to know where to start. First, Chmura is clearly ticked off that Favre wasn't there during the former tight end's legal problems. Second, Chmura is ticked off, despite it all.

Favre's pending retirement stance is starting to drive some fans and football followers crazy. One football site, profootballtalk.com, dubs him "Lord Favre" every time he opens his mouth.

Some say Favre is off-the-charts selfish and given his play the past year (29 INTs, his most since oh, ever), he shouldn't be taking so long to make his decision. When I think of the presumably annoyed Packers brass dealing with Favre, I keep coming back to Han Solo dealing with Leia by biting his tongue and saying, "Yes, Your Worshipfulness."

On the other side, if Favre is getting this sort of leash, it's hard to fault the guy for using it. OK, actually, it is easy to fault the guy for using it, considering it's April and we still haven't found out if His Worshipfulness will be gracing our HDs this fall.

My call: Favre should make it -- soon. By now, he reasonably knows what kind of team the Packers are going to be (a rebuilding one) and where his once three-time MVP worthy skills are. He knows what it takes to play a season in the NFL. He needs to decide.

same time next year

Bella*chick said:
For some reason, I get the feeling that after all this, he's gonna come back. And then we'll all be doing this again in a year's time.:rolleyes:
IMHO this is exhibit 1 of a typical self-centered athlete. he's had what, 4 months to decide? and he can't do it? BS.
what are the packers going to do? what decisions can they make until favre gets off the pot?
so who's he thinking about? his team? teammates/ the green bay community? the good of the league?
his hometown and his home state took a beating from hurricanes last year. i'd think he'd want to stay home and pitch in with the needed work. if he considered other people in his decisionmaking.
and yeah, why not have the same long-running drama next year? will brett come back for one more?
will brett come out of retirement to take one last shot with the _______?
good work if you can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye