PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am so proud of this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill B.

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
With all the injuries to starters, with all the young players we have playing, when everything seems to go wrong, this team still plays hard. When they were down 24-6, a lot of teams would have tanked it from there. To keep playing hard and tying the game at the end shows that this team still plays with alot of heart

Mayo is awesome. It seemed like he was in on every defensive stop in the second half . Another disappointing game by Watson. He made some plays, but his fumble on the first drive of the second half cost us the game IMO. I would rather see Thomas in there at this point.

Favre should have been called for grounding in the second half. He was in the pocket and threw it to the ground to avoid the sack. And the holding cal on Vrabel was terrible. I know bad calls are part of the game and we sometimes get them our way, but those two were definitely bad.

Still a lot of football left. And BB has a week and a half to prepare for the Dolphins.

I admit that at 24-6 I was thinking that it's going to be a long night. But when it became 24-24 I didn't think there was any way we were going to lose. Sigh. We should've put up at least 14 more points but you can't really blame the offense when they score 31. The defense stopped them in the middle of the game, but went soft again at the end. Ultimately the Jets were able to move the ball too easily and we made one too many mental errors. This is just like the Colts game. :(

That said, the signs are encouraging. Cassel is obviously awesome. We can run the ball and protect the QB. Cassel had about 10 seconds to throw on the Watson TD. Mayo is a beast and God am I glad we have him. Guyton is another exciting player. Bruschi seems to be on fire the past two games. Seymour is back to his old self. The rookies/first year/second year players in the secondary are improving. I just wish we had someone besides O'Neal at starting CB.

How we respond in Miami will tell me whether this team can go far in the playoffs. I am confident. They should be thinking revenge. I don't think the Jets will win out, but I think we have a chance. Let's win the division to keep the streak alive. **** the Jets.

I stopped my post when I saw you were essentially saying the same thing.

Take away all the talent and leadership the Patriots are without from another team, and see how they respond to a 24-6 loss, making numerous backbreaking mistakes along the way?

Amazing effort, and a good reason to be proud.

Finally a reasonable thread! Losing always sucks, but it's nice to have some perspective. There's a lot to be encouraged about.

Finally a reasonable thread! Losing always sucks, but it's nice to have some perspective. There's a lot to be encouraged about.

Both teams head out on the road in 10 days. We get to go to Miami. The JETS get to go to Tennessee...

You should be

Best loss I've ever witnessed. Great great game. Our guys screwed up, but to see young guys stepping up and doing all they could makes me feel great about the future of our team.

Outstanding game. You always want to see a win, but the Pats easily could have rolled over at 24-6. I was wondering if Kevin Faulk was going to have to play linebacker when Mayo went to the locker room.

A few too many mistakes, but the game came down to a coin toss. Once the Jets made that 3rd and long, it felt over.

As an aside, did anyone other than me take great delight in watching Law get torched for the tie score to send it into overtime?

I know I'm a Pats ballwasher, but it was clear to me the Pats are a better team than the Jets. "IF" we get to play them again, I'm not worried at all...anytime, any place:D

I know I'm a Pats ballwasher, but it was clear to me the Pats are a better team than the Jets. "IF" we get to play them again, I'm not worried at all...anytime, any place:D

The Pats should have won and took a team to OT that has been absolutely rolling lately, has a new HOF QB and a lot of talent that isn't talked about on this board. The Pats have an unusual amount of injuries to key players and brand new QB. Anyone who is complaining about problems with the Pats is simply a spoiled brat who has no idea what they are watching.

The Pats should have won and took a team to OT that has been absolutely rolling lately, has a new HOF QB and a lot of talent that isn't talked about on this board. The Pats have an unusual amount of injuries to key players and brand new QB. Anyone who is complaining about problems with the Pats is simply a spoiled brat who has no idea what they are watching.

We still have too many of those posting here. Culling the herd would help but all that really gets here is occasional lip service.

We still have too many of those posting here. Culling the herd would help but all that really gets here is occasional lip service.

Every message board has them, but because of the Pats success we definitely have the most of them. I'm not in favor of banning people for their opinions, but I wouldn't mind if we had a few less of these clones.

The team proved they were better than the jets, but in the end unexcusable mistakes were too costly...

You have to be excited about this game, even with the sad end result. The play of Matt Cassel & Jerod Mayo gave me chills. They both have a bright futures, as well as Guyton. The amazing thing about Mayo is, this is technically only his 2nd season playing ILB. Imagine when he get's more involved in pass defense. I think he can be a good pass rusher too from the ILB position. Talent wise, he may be the second most talented Pats LB ever (behind Andre Tippett). Mayo was an absolute beast last night, and not only will he win the defensive ROY, he might make the Pro Bowl if he continues playing like this.

Cassel, what can you say, he truly showed what he was made of. That last drive in regulation gave me chills.

that's waht i feel too-proud to be a Patriot Fan

Go Pats ! Now we have to play a great game in Miami ! We will do that !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots