PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am SO hooked

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
Its June 22 and i cant wait for my 10 team, 2 QB league to start. I finally figured this draft thing out. 2 QB leagues are all about the QBs, 9 of the top 10 scorers last year were QBs. AD, MJD, and Ray Rice were 11,12,13. Andre Johnson was 30th! So this year im drafting QB-QB-RB-WR-RB. Teams can pick to keep 1 player from last yearbut they lost a 6th round pick. CJ,Brees,Manning will likely be kept. so im hoping to land one from among Shaub,Romo,Rivers,Brady in the first and maybe get Cutler or Manning in the second. anyone have some wisdom about 2 QB leagues? It would be most appreciated. thanks

Sorry, I'm not going to be much help to you here. I was in a 2QB league once several years ago and didn't like it all, and haven't tried it again since. I don't know what the scoring system is in your league so it's impossible to advise specifics, but obviously drafting two quarterbacks early is not a bad strategy.

My suggestion is to steer clear of generic fantasy rank sites since you have a league with a non-typical setup. In fact, at this point where there are so many different scoring systems, roster sizes, number of teams, etc., I would advise not using any of the sites with generic rankings to form an opinion. Look for sites that allow you to fill in your league's specific rules, number of teams and roster sizes for fantasy projections. Find a couple different sites and do the same thing with projections.

Then use value based drafting. If you haven't heard of it, do an internet search on it and you can learn more about it. Basically the idea is it's not about who scores the most points; it's about the difference between the top starter and bottom starter in your league. Think kickers: in some leagues they're among the highest scorers, yet they're the least valuable because the difference between the top kicker and 10th kicker is minimal.

Hope that helps, and good luck. Don't forget to watch football for football's sake too.

In a QB happy league just remember this simple fact:
Tom Brady Owns You!!!
Draft him and be happy as you win!

This advice brought to you by the letters TB and the number 12.

I almost never take a QB early. However, the 2 times I would are in leagues where you start 2 QBs or in leagues where you get 6 points per passing TD.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back