PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am simply mindblown

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This hating never ends. Every day there are 2 anti-Pats "rumors" on the profootballtalk site, Jets fans are comparing us to the 4-12 team from a few years ago. I am dumbfounded.

So, we lost Seymour for, a liberal estimate, 8 weeks. That leaves Wilfork, Warren and Green as starters, Wright and Smith as backups, and Thomas and Colvin available to play end in exotic looks. Clearly, that is crap. It is obvious that all these players are below average players with limited athletic gifts, and products of Seymour's dominance. Without Seymour, the 9 foot tall, 600 pound monster who runs a 2.7 40 yard dash, our defensive line is hopeless.

We also lost Harrison for 4 games. Our defensive backfield of Samuel, Hobbs, Wilson, Sanders, Gay and Meriweather is now dead in the water. Never mind stopping the Colts, we'd be lucky if we give up less than 400 passing yards to the Vikings.

The average age of our linebackers is apparently 57.

Also, I read recently that Randy Moss singlehandedly put 16 western Mass Wendy's restaurants out of business, packing on over 49 pounds since his hamstring injury. He was going to be cut, until he threatened to run over Bob Kraft with his car if he is released.

Seriously, I have never seen so much negative press over one team in 4 days in my life. We lose one guy for 6 games to injury, and another for 4 games to suspension, and suddenly the whole team sucks.

Does America hate the Patriots that bad?

Last edited:
This hating never ends. Every day there are 2 anti-Pats "rumors" on the profootballtalk site, Jets fans are comparing us to the 4-12 team from a few years ago. I am dumbfounded.

So, we lost Seymour for, a liberal estimate, 8 weeks. That leaves Wilfork, Warren and Green as starters, Wright and Smith as backups, and Thomas and Colvin available to play end in exotic looks. Clearly, that is crap. It is obvious that all these players are below average players with limited athletic gifts, and products of Seymour's dominance. Without Seymour, the 9 foot tall, 600 pound monster who runs a 2.7 40 yard dash, our defensive line is hopeless.

We also lost Harrison for 4 games. Our defensive backfield of Samuel, Hobbs, Wilson, Sanders, Gay and Meriweather is now dead in the water. Never mind stopping the Colts, we'd be lucky if we give up less than 400 passing yards to the Vikings.

Also, I read recently that Randy Moss singlehandedly put 16 western Mass Wendy's restaurants out of business, packing on over 49 pounds since his hamstring injury. He was going to be cut, until he threatened to run over Bob Kraft with his car if he is released.

Seriously, I have never seen so much negative press over one team in 4 days in my life. We lose one guy for 6 games to injury, and another for 4 games to suspension, and suddenly the whole team sucks.

BULLSEYE!!!

FWIW-what's really impressed me most about the Pats is that frankly, their ENTIRE 53 man roster just wants to go out and PLAY-simple as that.

Heck-Belichick could amass a bunch of scrubs, but if they have this same mentality, they too could win a few SBs.

Look at the talent-laden Giants. Why do they always crash and burn at the end? B/c of Coughlin? No-quite simply, they're a bunch of whiners and loud-mouths who do nothing but bicker and fight amongst each other.

You lost your most dominate guy on the front end of the defense(for who knows how long) and your best guy on the back end for 1/4 of the season,now I know that this would effect the mere mortal teams in the NFL but not the Patriots...:rolleyes:

Welcome to the world of a winning franchise. Being a Yankee fan, I have a pretty good idea for how you feel, lol.

FWIW-what's really impressed me most about the Pats is that frankly, their ENTIRE 53 man roster just wants to go out and PLAY-simple as that.

Heck-Belichick could amass a bunch of scrubs, but if they have this same mentality, they too could win a few SBs.

Look at the talent-laden Giants. Why do they always crash and burn at the end? B/c of Coughlin? No-quite simply, they're a bunch of whiners and loud-mouths who do nothing but bicker and fight amongst each other.

This is what pisses America off about SOME Pats fans plain and simple,the idea that just because you have Belichek you could throw "any scrubs out there" and win a few SB's.

Last edited:
You lost your most dominate guy on the front end of the defense(for who knows how long) and your best guy on the back end for 1/4 of the season,now I know that this would effect the mere mortal teams in the NFL but not the Patriots...:rolleyes:

But you're too stupid to realize that Seymour and Harrison have missed the stretch run for us in Super Bowl seasons, and Rodney did last year.

But you're too stupid to realize that Seymour and Harrison have missed the stretch run for us in Super Bowl seasons, and Rodney did last year.

No, he's just not a Pats fan so he doesnt follow as closely as you do.

You were a better team in those years. As time passes, harder to absorb those losses. Not saying the back ups won't perform, but in the SB years, those back ups did, time for these guys to step up, but until they do, what would you expect?

God, seriously, you're ALL being lame. The frantic Chicken Little Pats Fans and the Delusional Mongoloid jet fans. Take a breath. Who CARES? Great teams overcome this crap - who gives a crap about rumors?

You were a better team in those years. As time passes, harder to absorb those losses. Not saying the back ups won't perform, but in the SB years, those back ups did, time for these guys to step up, but until they do, what would you expect?

You a Jets fan? FWIW-Dallas happened to be the most healthiest team in the league when Parcells(one of your previous coaches, that is) during his 4 years there-but somehow, he only managed a 34-32 record(including 0-2 in the playoffs).

Just FYI.

God, seriously, you're ALL being lame. The frantic Chicken Little Pats Fans and the Delusional Mongoloid jet fans. Take a breath. Who CARES? Great teams overcome this crap - who gives a crap about rumors?

Couldn't agree more.

With the emergence of Wilfork and Warren (who I think will have a monster year), I think our line will be every bit as good as it has been in past years. Green is no slouch either. Given the improvement of the other guys, I beleive our line will be fine. When a healthy Sey gets in there, it will be all that much better.

The line is a group, so while the loss of Sey has an impact, the improved play of the other two guys can offset that, and as I said Green is more then capable. In fact, he'd start on many other teams.

As for Harrison, he's been missing for large gaps of time over the last few years, and we've adapted. We will now too.

Last edited:
Other than the Moss stuff, what have they posted about that isn't hot topics in the NFL. Both Harrison being suspended and an All Pro like Seymour starting the year on the PUP are hot topic issues. With hot topics like that, there are going to be a lot of rumors going around. Remember just a month ago where PFT posted five or six Vick rumors a day?

If you count the rumors over the past two days, there are far more Giants rumors posted on there than Patriots.

I'm sorry, but it is just the cycle. Right now the hottest rumors are about the Patriots and Giants. Next week it will be another team. That is how PFT works. Always have.

Clearly it all changed for us in 4 days. :confused:

I think its just media hyperbole.

Turns out we probably weren't as good as the national pundits said we were a few weeks ago, and we aren't as bad as they think we might be now.

They just need to write about something.

I guess we'll just have to ACTUALLY PLAY some football to find out!:eek:

Which year did this these "stretch runs" occur,because from 01-04 Seymour missed 3 games,and in 05 when the Pats went 10-6 and were eliminated after the wild card round he missed 4 games.Last year he played in all the games including playoffs from what I can see.Harrison is a lot easier to cover for with him being safety,but a dominate Dlineman is hard to come by especially with Seymour being one of the best in the game.

Enlighten me oh great one,and BTW I am not a Jets fan.

Which year did this these "stretch runs" occur,because from 01-04 Seymour missed 3 games,and in 05 when the Pats went 10-6 and were eliminated after the wild card round he missed 4 games.Last year he played in all the games including playoffs from what I can see.Harrison is a lot easier to cover for with him being safety,but a dominate Dlineman is hard to come by especially with Seymour being one of the best in the game.

I believe Seymour missed the Colts and Pitt playoff games in '04-and they played rock solid D in both.

a dominate Dlineman is hard to come by especially with Seymour being one of the best in the game.

While no one can replace a HOF DL like Seymour, Jarvis Green does a helluva good job at it, and has done so multiple times. It changes things, yes, WORSENS them, true, but our DL hasn't been exposed too badly, I don't think, EVER, with Seymour out. That is a testament to Jarvis himself, and to the coaches and a scheme that can succeed in multiple ways.

Does this mean the D won't suffer? Of course not. But there's ample evidence that we needn't panic NO MATTER WHAT. I feel in very capable hands, especially defensively.

Look a couple posts up. Seymour was out for the Colt and Steeler games in the playoffs (04), in which the Pats won handily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots