Welcome to PatsFans.com

I am proud of this team

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by AndyJohnson, Jan 14, 2006.

1. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +354 / 15 / -13

And EXTREMELY proud of the D tonght. After all of the struggles this year, they played Championship D.

I wont trash Brady for the end zone Int, Vinatieri for the crtical missed FG, or Brown for the fumbl, because they were key to more SBs than most men alive never won.

I was plssed watching this game unfold, but this is a team that just couldnt overcome 4 (the 5th was meaningless) turnovers.

2 meant the difference of 3-0 or 3-10 at half, and one was a 14 point swing.
    We have been a team that doesnt turn it overin the playoffs. I cannot bltch about it happening oncein 11 games.

Im proud of this team, with a few thing going their way, they match the 03-04 Pats, but no one wins it every year.

Lets PLEASE avoid ripping players who failed tonight after delievering us 3 Lombardi's.
  2. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Amen, Andy.
  3. Bronco Freak

Bronco Freak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A Letter To Willie McGinest
    Dear Willie,

Not that I really care, being that I am a Denver Bronco fan, but in the interest of team unity, you might want to save those forearm face smashes for the opposing teams' players, instead of delivering them on your own team members, on the sideline.

Since, it is not on the field of play, it doesn't count as a tackle and I am quite certain, since it was against your own teammate, that it will not boost your stats.

Perhaps Larry Izzo functioned as your tackling dummy during the offseason and you were trying to rediscover your technique in the middle of the game?

Anywho....I am sure you found out what a real defense looks like tonight, being that they wiped your teams' sorry ass all over the field.

Sincerely,

A Bronco Fan Amused.
  4. Bill B.

Bill B. Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am so proud to call myself a Patriot fan. This team has the heart of a champion. I think Brady and Belichick are good for a couple more titles before it's all said and done.
  5. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yup

Excellent post!!!! We are blessed to have this team in NE! Now will everyone also remember that it's just one year and we will be back. Geez every thread seems to make you think NE is moving the team to Guam and theirs no more team in NE!

Next year will be here, just not soon enough!
  6. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This team could have packed it in at 4-4 and used injuries as an excuse. They fought to get better and still could have won it all. Funny as it may sound I'm pissed it's over but I'm already pumped for the offseason and next year.
  7. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Very proud too , sign Richard Seymoer to a long extention, lets gear up for 2006 and we can compete with the fish for 2006
  8. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

well it had to end eventually. the patriots had every chance to win this game and didnt get it done. im not gonna rip anyone, its just strange that the guys who were always so reliable were the ones who had the problems tonight. it was a good run, and its not over. the patriots will be back again next year. its kinda hard to feel good about anything right now though.
  9. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

is that the same D that brady burned for 341 yards? you guys didnt win this game cuz of your D, we moved the ball up and down the field most of the game. this game was lost on special teams, and one rare poor choice by brady to throw a risky pass.
  10. Bronco Freak

Bronco Freak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And what good did 341 yards passing do you?

13 points...#3 scoring defense in the nfl.

Get that ball Champ.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  11. kurtinelson

kurtinelson Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 5 / -2

#37 Jersey