Welcome to PatsFans.com

I am not complaining about WEEI, but...

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by QuiGon, Apr 12, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whenever a product doesn't perform to my satisfaction, I make it rule to simply stop using that product. (This may seem like common sense, but you'd be surprised how many people in the same circumstances continue to use the product while spending all their time complaining about it...) Having said that...

I am not going to complain about WEEI's morning show other than to say I have decided I am done listening to it because I am sick of the constant yelling and screaming about the Iraq War (and other assorted terroristic activities).

What are some good morning alternatives where I can acutally hear SPORTS TALK radio..? Is ESPN good and, if so, what station are they...? Is "The Fan" still broadcasting...?
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 10 / -26

I stopped listening to WEEI AM Show a long time ago, I am pretty exclusively a 10-2 listener..find most of the rest either begging political issues or a bunch of egomaniacs trying to out yell each other.
  3. Justice

Justice Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They're not bad (890 AM) but they only have local programming in the afternoon with Felger's show and a Red Sox pre and post game show. In the morning its Mike & Mike, which is ok, but you run the risk of hearing riveting Kansas City Royals talk or some other completely random topic.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah the Bush twins (Dennis and Callahan) are pretty annoying. Every once in a while they stop talking about the war or the Sopranos or Mr Skin and the show drifts towards sports. Its almost always Golf this time of the year though, which is just barely a sport. Inevitably they say something stupid and I get to laugh. The only one who makes even the slightest effort to know something about sports is the flash boy.
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +931 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

It is a bit hard to listen to as it is billed as an anything goes show. But, if there is news overnight they are great at getting to the meat of it. Their interviews are also very good.

These guys are 2 very good radio pros but the show has 1 flaw. They only really like to cover the hot button issues. The station is set up for them to get the day going and Dale & Holley do the vanilla research and talk.

I turn them on and see what the topic of the day is...if it's anything but Iraq or Bush I listen. They do some really good non-sports stuff also. But Iraq and/or Bush get covered enoughand that is why I tune out also listening to the Boston news on 1030 AM or one of my CD's until Dale and Holley come on.