Welcome to PatsFans.com

I am disgusted beyond belief...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by TBradyOwnsYou, Nov 13, 2010.

1. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Please try to explain why this absolute waste of flesh is allowed to keep her children?

Ya, come on, she's a mom. It's her right to raise her kids right?

Baby dead after mom tosses infant into washing machine, launches spin cycle: cops

Wow. Really? REALLY?

Only child neglect as of now? What more do you need here to put this piece of flesh in a chair and fry it.
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Sounds like the DA is on vacation. Why isn't she being tried for murder?
  3. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 13 / -7

Just looking at her picture, I could tell she was a tweeker.
    They all have that look !

That poor little baby !
    RIP !
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Its trajic when something like this happens. Whats even more trajic is that i'm so use to reading strories like this is its no longer shocking. Just look at the level of response so far, this is just to common.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  5. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 13 / -7

I agree with you 100%

I remember the day they pulled Chuck Stewart from the river and they
    said that he was connected to his wifes murder.

I was shocked !

Today.... Nothing shocks me !
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Baby was 10 days old, it this really any different than a let term abortion? A PArtial birth Abortion is just as barbaric, it she had killed the baby 2 weeks earlier it would have been legal and lauded by Nancy Pelosi as a privacy issue.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I work with addicts, and while this crime is despicable and the woman deserves severe punishment, try sitting with someone who suffers from addiction and tells you of a life that was hell. Some people are in such anguish that they turn to drugs, and drugs poison them. That's no excuse, but this woman has probably destroyed herself already; a death penalty is simply vengeance. I can't tell you the horrors that I've heard, even though I've only been doing this work for four months. There's no excuse for what this woman did--she's a loser. But, my guess is she's not evil; she's just been destroyed by horrible events and poisoned by drugs.
  8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

I don't care how high you are. You HAVE to know that putting an infant in the washer is probably going to be the wrong thing to do.
  9. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, it's extremely, extremely, extremely different.
    I am pro-abortion, anti-late-term abortion, but even partial birth is different than this.
    My main issue is how this lady was allowed to keep her kids.
    I'm not overly concerned with this lady's punishment, though I do think she should fry. I am more concerned that someone wakes the fck up and when they see behaviour like this, they take the kids away before it ends up like this.
    Is this an extreme case? Obviously, but it shows that it can happen. There are a TON of people who would LOVE to adopt a child, but can't. Here's a lady who doesn't deserve a pet fish, yet she has multiple children. Seems a simple solution to me.
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Either you're a troll or you have a seriously ill mind.
  11. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I'll take the "I'll Mind" for a $1000
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

The problem with most people in the middle class is that they essentially live sheltered lives and have little if any contact with the very poor and their neighorhoods. That sheltered view leads them to become cold, in my opinion. If you sit with people and hear their stories and see their tears, you begin realize they are human, but so terribly screwed up because there were so many failures.

Take this example: A young woman grows in a home where she is regularly beaten and raped by her father. He does not do this to her sisters. She pleads with her mother, but her mother refuses to believe her. Finally, when she's a teen, 20 years ago, she goes to the police. But, they know the family, and ultimately they return her to her home. As a teen, she will not invite friends over and she is so scared of home that she spends more and more time away. Someone introduces her to oxys or percs or even heroin. For the first time in as long as she can remember, her anxiety disappears. She feels good. She feels safe. She can't otherwise escape her situation, so she uses the drugs whenever she can and becomes addicted. Then some man offers to help her forge ID, promises her a job in one of his bars, and plies this young vulnerable woman with drugs. As long as she is stoned, she doesn't have a shot of thinking straight; when she's not stoned, her experience told her it's a cruel world where those she's supposed to trust are actually against her. She ends up in this terrible cycle, regulating her heroin highs with benzos, cocaine, alcohol, and pot. She cannot think right in this state of mind, but the alternatives don't offer her anything. No one has taught her a way out of her situation. The fact is, a young woman like the one I describe has been failed by the parents, the neighbors, the community, the schools, the church, the police, the social services agencies, and finally commits a horrific crime probably in some sort of drugged out frenzy. She would likely never recover from what she did even if she got away with it. Put in her prison, where she's not a threat to society, and figure out what we can do to prevent future tragedies like this one. Of course, if the woman in this article was simply sociopathic, it's another matter, but true sociopaths are quite rare.
  13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

I am just pointing out the irrationality of the people who support abortion, rationalizing the killing of babies because they haven't left the womb is truly sick don't you think?

As I said the baby killed here, would have been killed legally if aborted 12 days earlier, the same life.

Spin away libs.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I support vastly improved social services in order to reduce abortions. This would mean that moms to be would get better social services, daycare, job training, medical care, and so on. The conservative anti-abortion argument doesn't ring true because all they want to do is pass a law; it's a very cheap solution for getting the moral high ground (and most of their "moral" issues seem to involve big government rather than care and compassion). If conservatives truly want to stop abortion, then they should negotiate with liberals for improved social services so that fewer women would ever feel they had no good alternative. In fact, why don't conservative groups choose high-abortion neighborhoods and offer the kinds of services I'm talking about as a charity. I work in a poor neighborhood and to the best of my knowledge the only nonprofit offering services that help people are quite liberal.
  15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Yeah, I feel bad that she lived such a horrible life. But come on. It doesn't matter how high you are. You know that putting an infant in the washer is the wrong thing to do. The fact that she lived a horrible life and, because of it, became addicted to drugs is absolutely irrelevant. She murdered an infant. Now she has to pay the price. The only price that I can see fitting such a crime is the death penalty.

I know that you're a liberal and that both liberals and conservatives have a big tendency to do this, but let's not make this more complicated than it is.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

KontradictioN, I would argue that your point of view of a denial of personal responsibility. While the woman in question is certainly by far the most guilty party, where was the intervention along the way? Why did the system fail her? How could a person like her manage to have a child and be assigned responsibility for that child? At the very least, does the drug dealer bear any responsibility at all? How about the court system that allowed the drug dealer and perhaps the woman to be free? How about politicians who chose not to fund services that this woman might have come into contact with? How about her church, her parents, and so on? Sure, she is most responsible, but to pretend society hasn't failed as well is simply shirking personal responsibility. She deserves, quite possibly prison for life, but the death penalty will not clear society of its responsibility.
  17. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I agree with Patters, this women didn't get up one morning and decide to toss her baby in the washing machine. It took many years of drug abuse for her to get to that point, at one time in her life she was a blank slate and could have gone in the other direction. I don't know her background, but i'm sure it wasn't pretty growing up. She may have had psych problems on top of it. There are many people that don't want to hear that, or just can't comprehend it. They want to think that everyone is in total control of their lives but thats not the truth
  18. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Unfortunately, there's nothing that we can do to the court systems, politicians, and so forth to punish them. What are we going to do? Sentence the judge to life in prison because the system overlooked this lady? The drug dealer should be in prison, of course, for dealing drugs. Last I checked, that's illegal. It's up to her to roll over on him.

However, none of this excuses the fact that she committed a heinous crime by murdering an infant. Put her to death. There's no reason why the peoples' tax dollars should go to support someone like her by giving her three square meals a day.
  19. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Like I said before, it sucks that her life wasn't good growing up. It sucks that she had to possibly resort to drugs to get away with that. But none of this changes the fact that she ended an infant's life. A human being that didn't have a chance in life BECAUSE of her actions.
  20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 4 / -2

Hell is being an infant, stuck inside a washing machine, during a spin cycle.