PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am confused, the Seattle pick could be what????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great site! But flawed in a few places, including Seattle. They have Seattle pick ahead of KC when KC misses playoffs --- impossible, right? Also, they have SD with 95% chance of picking 32? There's only a 1 in 20 chance that somebody other than the Chargers wins the Super Bowl??
Without looking at the site to actually see what they have, I believe KC can finish 9-7 if they beat Jacksonville at home and Seattle can finish 9-7 if they beat Tampa away - Jax is a road loser, Seattle is in the playoffs as the 4th seed and may want to rest players against Tampa so KC finishing 9-7 and Seattle finishing 8-8 are possible - in that case Seattle would pick behind all the other 8-8 teams and before KC and the other 9-7 teams based on their regular season records. Seattle returning to the SB would upset that scenerio by having them pick at 31 or 32.

Just lose Seahawaks!!! I can live with pick #21. We got Wilfork and Maroney with that pick didn't we?

I think that site is wrong. There is not a 1% or any percent chance they could pick 11.

There could be a bunch of 8-7 teams dropping to 8-8, but only one could make the playoffs, (i think). Either way, every 8 win team losing mean 1 possible team could get a lower pick based on a tie breaker.

Since the 1st tiebreaker is playoff/no playoff, Seattle is behind every other 8-8 team.

I'll stick with 18 being the highest, though I make mistakes trying to do probability type things.

Anywhere around #20 is good. Belichick won't keep the 2 #'s if it will cost the team too much. If he's got to have a player bad he will package the 2 #1's and move up and receive another round pick opr something.

that's how I see it regardless of where Seattle ends up exactly...we'll either get 2 lower #1's or a top 10 #1 to keep our salary structure intact.

Anywhere around #20 is good. Belichick won't keep the 2 #'s if it will cost the team too much. If he's got to have a player bad he will package the 2 #1's and move up and receive another round pick opr something.

that's how I see it regardless of where Seattle ends up exactly...we'll either get 2 lower #1's or a top 10 #1 to keep our salary structure intact.

C-A-L-V-I-N J-O-H-N-S-O-N !!!! That's who I would trade the 2 #1's for.

C-A-L-V-I-N J-O-H-N-S-O-N !!!! That's who I would trade the 2 #1's for.
#20 and #28 isn't getting us high enough for him. Sorry. Time to lower your expectations.

When the Pats made this trade, I would be willing to bet that they thought that the Seahawks would make the playoffs and be close to one of the top teams in the NFC. An outside chance to make it back to the superbowl.

Based on that theory, anything below #28 in the draft is bonus.

Pats have done well. Nearly all teams polled in the NFL said they would not trade away thier 1st round pick for Branch.

That pick will probably bring us a great player. Not to mention that teams that have 2 first round picks in the NFL are hugely benefited. Its not a common occurance.

I'm sure Bill Polian will have a cow on draft day again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back