PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am back, Pats called Buffalo about Moulds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
How much money will he want? I think it will most likely depend on the money.
That and if his play declined throughout the years (he is around my age).

Too Soon.
Case in point: Golden Goose!
Will this never end?

shirtsleeve said:
Too Soon.
Will this never end?

I lost ya shirts, what do you mean?

shirtsleeve said:
Too Soon.
Will this never end?

I totally understand what you're saying, but this is one rumor I believe. Moulds fits a top need, fits our character profile to a T, wants to play for a contender...

It's generally not BB's style to land a UFA player in his prime... he generally takes on players that are past-prime (Harrison, Dillon, Otis) or unproven (Vrabel, Beisel) or mostly anonymous (Poole, Evans).

One exception comes to mind: he broke the bank for Rosie Colvin, a young UFA at the peak of his career; he outbid the entire NFL (very atypical).

Why? BB had the utmost respect for Colvin as an opposing coach, he is the prototype OLB in BB's scheme, he shows up on film and is true difference maker. Solid in the clubhouse-- true professional.

Moulds fits those characteristics, too. If you were to describe the "ideal Patriot" WR, on and off the field, you would describe Eric Moulds. Loyal to the team, driven to win, outstanding performance year in, year out. Smart, great hands, great routes, explosive.

Plus who else would BB be clearing all this cap space for? Seymour and Branch? I dunno.

And what does he have in mind at WR? It sure wasn't TO, and Keyshawn is a pale comparison.

Last edited:
Digger44 said:
I lost ya shirts, what do you mean?

Wasn't referring to your rumor about Moulds, but to your return so soon. I'm still just lurking and waiting for the madness to end. I was referring to that whole golden goose thread, by yet another single digit poster.

Didn't Ted Johnson say that Moulds was one of the worst trash talkers he ever heard. I'd still take him at least he's motivated to win.

The added value of getting Moulds would be as temporary insurance if we can't re-sign Branch; meanwhile we'd benefit from having both of them this year. Then, if Branch bolts in the next off-season, use one of our higher picks on a WR in next year's draft, which will be deeper at that position.

well

I have posted this before--but mould's isn't an UFA. We would have to trade for him and he still has something like $14mil due him in new money over the next two years. I don't see us dropping that on him, becuase then we would have to break the bank for Deion, and that should be our first priority!

mtbykr said:
I have posted this before--but mould's isn't an UFA. We would have to trade for him and he still has something like $14mil due him in new money over the next two years. I don't see us dropping that on him, becuase then we would have to break the bank for Deion, and that should be our first priority!

Moulds isn't a UFA yet. But you can guarantee that he will be because no one is going to trade for that outrageous contract.

Julius said:
Didn't Ted Johnson say that Moulds was one of the worst trash talkers he ever heard. I'd still take him at least he's motivated to win.

Harrison is well liked by the refs also...something to keep in mind.

If Moulds agrees to restructer his contract after a trade, I would take him. Cut it down so it suits our cap better for upcoming years. Hes still talented and can teach our young core of WRs like Branch, Caldwell and Johnson a few things about being a great WR. Hes respected, Bill has praised his play and I would love haivng a veteran like him as our #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back