Not open for further replies.

Gwedd

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I am a Patriots Fan.

I wear the laundry because I love this team. I've felt the joy of incredible wins, and the heartbreak of losses. I've rejoice at seeing the Patriots hold 3 Lombardi trophies, and I've been left hurt and wondering about what might have been.

But through it all, I wear the laundry. Each season I buy a new ball cap and a new shirt or jersey. I retire the others to the closet of memories. My shrine of memorabilia reminds me of where the team has been, and what it has accomplished.

Those pictures of years past remind me of the years with untold losses, of a season we saw our team go 1-15. It talks to me of the heady years of Grogan, and the one bright season of Plunkett. Of seeing Flutie on the field, and the other years of Eason, of Sisson, and the bright promise of Bledsoe. Of Mosie's Mooses. Of Tippet and Hannah. Of games vague in memory, and other glimpses of plays and sideline scenes from years long gone.

I'm a Patriots fan. I relish these golden years of Belichick & Brady. Of such constant winning that losing a game seems more hurtful than ever before. And yet I am mindful that success is fleeting. That every great player, every great game and every great season could turn on a single injury, a single dropped pass, fumble, broken play. I am humble with our wins, and console myself with a loss, that the other team has great players too. That they also get paid to play this game.

I am a Patriots fan, but I also have a life. With every victory, with every loss, the next day the sun still rises, the bills need to get paid and the work needs to get done.

I am thankful for all the other great fans, and especially the posters on such a great site as PatsFans. I am truly greatful that I can come here and speak my mind, read wonderful posts and comments, insightful analysis, and be in the company of others like myself.

I am a Patriots fan, and I am so very happy to have such a team as the New England Patriots to root for. This last loss hurts so very much, but it will pass, and a new season will soon be upon us. This team of ours has a record that others are envious of. 7 Superbowls appearances, where other teams have never been there. 6 times in 16 years this team has been to the big game. 3 times it's walked away with the trophy. That's something to be proud of.

I am a Patriots fan, and I'm a homer. They are my team, and I hope they always win. But win or lose, they are still my team. I've seen the very good and the very bad since Jim Plunkett arrived. Even with this last loss, I still support my team, and I'm happy to still wear the laundry.

Thanks for letting me rant a bit. I needed to say this after reading some of the stuff these past couple of days. I've put this season behind me and now I'm looking forward to the draft! GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:

Last edited:
I guess you can include me in all the points that you made. :D

I think the one thing that is misunderstood about us homers is that we are critical of some things the team may do or not do, but it's done in a measured way. We don't go flying over the top with knee jerk reactions. We tend to look at the big picture.

But if there is something that has merit we will voice our disagreement, therefore the team "blind homer" does not really apply to 99.9% of us homers.

I guess you can include me in all the points that you made. :D

I think the one thing that is misunderstood about us homers is that we are critical of some things the team may do or not do, but it's done in a measured way. We don't go flying over the top with knee jerk reactions. We tend to look at the big picture.

But if there is something that has merit we will voice our disagreement, therefore the team "blind homer" does not really apply to 99.9% of us homers.

Absolutely. It isn't a cult. :eek:

I'm more than happy to voice, and read, constructive, measured criticism. We fans provide a good portion of the team's income, through ticket and merchandise sales and we all aren't stupid. Many of us have played the game at some level or another, we understand sound business practices, and don't buy lame excuses or weak responses to questions about this or that.

Plus, it's nice to be able to "talk" with other fans, to hear stories of games and stadium experiences from the past and present, and to just get a chance to vent to others who are more likely to understand our emotions and frustrations, and also are joys.

For the over-the-top, chicken little types, there ought to be a special lane leading to a diving board off the Tobin Bridge. No toll, either. :cool:

I remember how happy I was when the Patriots clinched their playoff spot in 1976, when David Poseys FG won the division title in 1978, when they beat the Bengals in 1985 to clinch, and 1994 in Chicago. Its so out of whack now how losing a Super Bowl has folks saying the things they do. Perspective. Let's not forget to enjoy this game of football.

Amen, Gwedd.

PROUD of this team. PROUD of the owner. PROUD of the coaching staff.

PROUD of how they conduct themselves and their business.

I can't wait for the draft and next season.

Can't wait to see Tom Brady become the first QB in NFL history to start 6 Super Bowl games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes