PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I admit, I was embarrased for Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I admit, I was embarrased for Brett.

The Jets are not near the worst franchise in the NFL, but they are a much worse team with Favre than the were without him.

I agree........ His recklessness gun slinging crap makes the rest of these guy look/play undisciplined. Two 12 men penalties? I hate Mangina as much as the next guy, but the sloppiness that they played with today has to just burn his arse.

I love it. :D

The Jets are not near the worst franchise in the NFL, but they are a much worse team with Favre than the were without him.

A lot of us went on record with being GLAD the Jets signed him.

He is just another example for those who continually say, "We need to sign a veteran QB" that there is nothing magical about a veteran QB and no one "needs" one. What everyone needs is a QB that can get the job done.

The Pats have one, the Jets don't.

By mid-season Favre will have totally proven that he isn't the player he thought he was, and that GB was oh so right to offer him $20mil if he just went away.

The only thing Favre is doing for the Jets is giving them a much better draft pick that they would have gotten with Pennington.

I love it.

And I said the same thing about Favre when he signed, it only hurt a still-mediocre team's future even more.

But you misread my post. They are not the worst team, they are the worst franchise, from the owners to the coaches to the fans, they are the bottom of the barrel.

Ok, you're all misreading me. I don't feel SORRY for Brett. It's just an embarrassing way for a legendary QB to end his run.

Well like I said, he got a free pass in Green Bay b/c he won a Super Bowl for them. He's yet to do squat for the Jets, so you can bet he will be HEARING IT from the media/fans come tomorrow morning.

We shall see how strong/weak his mentality REALLY is when this happens.

I've never been a Favre ballwasher, but I don't dislike the guy. He's definitely one of the games greatest players, so seeing him go down the toilet with the Jets is just wrong, and a sad way to end his career. Those fans don't deserve him, they deserve to have John Rocker or someone as their QB. I hoep it goes as badly as possible for Favre because it's the Jets, but I also hope he can escape and somehow end his career on a higher note. They may not be the worst team this year on the field, but they are they are all around the absolute worst franchise in the NFL.

Hmmmmm, didn't his artificially impressive season and retirement last year constitute the high note?

Costanza, he's not.

Consider this, if Parcells didn't have his head up the Jets ass during Superbowl 31, Brett Favre would be nothing more than another Dan Marino, except with a lot less class.

Hmmmmm, didn't his artificially impressive season and retirement last year constitute the high note?

Costanza, he's not.

Great Seinfeld reference, LOL. I guess he missed that episode.

I hope he unembarrasses himself because he's Brett Favre.

Not I. I'm tired of Brett Favre the 24/7 media darling. He's his own creation, and must take the bad with the good. He should have stayed retired and perhaps realizes that deep down.

Brett plays for the love of the game. He doesn't need to prove anything anymore. It's sad that he is on a team that scrutinized so much by the media and fans in NY. By the end of the year, if they keep losing, he's going to hate football. At least in Green Bay he could set the record for most interceptions and still crack a smile.

I don't feel bad for Favre. He's a Jet now and I'd be hard pressed to feel bad about anything they do (other than watching their still-pitiful games). As someone else said, he's made his bed and he has to sleep in it now. Before the season was over, I said this Favre trade would set the Jets back a couple of years and caught some flak for it by Jet fans. Well, Favre couldn't beat a Patriots team with their back-up in and barely squeaked past the Dolphins (who got blown out by Arizona). If the Jets season is a failure, I truly believe that Favre walks and Mangini (as well as the rest of his staff) is fired for actually having the talent in place to make a run but instead doing nothing. If Favre walks and Mangini is canned, the Jets once again start over from square one.

Brett looked tired, very tired...and I think he is going to get even more tired by the end of this season.
I disagree with those who say the Jets are worse with him than with Pennington. But, he is old, and his best days are behind him, and even at the top of his game, he didn't play on the defensive side of the ball, so there is only so much he could do anyway.
And, I dont' feel sorry for him or feel embarrassed for him in any way. He chose to do what he did, and he is paying the price for it. I have always felt that he was way, way overrated, certainly on a post-SB victory time-frame. It will be fun watching Peter King and all the other Favre ball-washers make excuses for him now.

Brett Favre's problem in recent years has been his knack for throwing the worst possible pass at the worst possible time - particularly the playoffs. I expect certain mistakes out of him. The trade-off is being able to convert a 3rd and 23 when the play was blown up in the backfield.

I blame the coaching staff for not giving me enough opportunity to see Brett's biggest asset - his strong arm - more than we did. I expect that he will be comfortable in this offense in a few more games, and I'll bite my tongue until then.

Brett Favre's problem in recent years has been his knack for throwing the worst possible pass at the worst possible time - particularly the playoffs. I expect certain mistakes out of him. The trade-off is being able to convert a 3rd and 23 when the play was blown up in the backfield.

I blame the coaching staff for not giving me enough opportunity to see Brett's biggest asset - his strong arm - more than we did. I expect that he will be comfortable in this offense in a few more games, and I'll bite my tongue until then.

I think Brett got flustered. That's not very Favre-ish.

He goes for risky passes and sometimes wins.

Our boy was probably coached up and down (for 3+ years) to pass on the risks unless it was a desperate situation.

Brett is going to show his age this year and I bet he and Mr. Ice-Tub are going to have a lot of intimate moments together this year.

At this rate, Favre in, Penny out may just prove to be the stupidest thing Mangini has done for the Jets.

It's going to be interesting. I predict Brett starts blaming...I'm not sure who he'll blame but it will begin soon ;) maybe the media,maybe his coach,maybe his team...but I don't see him blaming himself. Not one iota.

It's too early to tell what's really going on but if last night's any indication my vote goes to coaching at this point anyway. I don't feel sorry for him though-he made a choice and every choice has consequences. Mangenius may= Bad Choice. Meanwhile Aaron's lighting up the league, and Brett just got his * handed to him by his team's most bitter rivals who were sporting their career backup leader. Life is good from where I sit:singing:

This season Brett reminds me of a guy like Michael Jordan's last season in Washington - He should have retired with the team he played a long time with and retired gracefully - Favre also should have changed his mind when EA put him on the cover of Madden 09

Last edited:

When Mike Holmgren was there, Brett wasn't the bone-headed QB he is now b/c MH was always in his face and wouldn't allow it to happen.

However-since Holmgren left, Brett had more freedom b/c his coach's allowed him to do so, which is why his old habits came back.

I'm sorry, but I loved seeing Brett Favre and his dejected looks on the sidelines. I have gotten so tired of his Brett Favre primadonna act he has has the last few years, he deserves every embarrassment he gets.

Just a week or two ago he was telling the media how the Packers had a better chance to get to the Super Bowl with him than Aaron Rodgers. What friggin arrogance! He should have showed some of the class the media constantly tells us about which he rarely shows in public anymore and kept quite on subject especially since the evidence is quickly point to the the fact that he is wrong on that point. I think the Packers might have a better chance with Rodgers instead of him.

I think Favre needs a nice big slice of humble pie. I don't think yesterday was enough of it in my mind. Unfortunately, with the way the Chargers' defense has been playing, he won't see it this upcoming weekend either.

I'm sorry, but I loved seeing Brett Favre and his dejected looks on the sidelines. I have gotten so tired of his Brett Favre primadonna act he has has the last few years, he deserves every embarrassment he gets.

Just a week or two ago he was telling the media how the Packers had a better chance to get to the Super Bowl with him than Aaron Rodgers. What friggin arrogance! He should have showed some of the class the media constantly tells us about which he rarely shows in public anymore and kept quite on subject especially since the evidence is quickly point to the the fact that he is wrong on that point. I think the Packers might have a better chance with Rodgers instead of him.

I think Favre needs a nice big slice of humble pie. I don't think yesterday was enough of it in my mind. Unfortunately, with the way the Chargers' defense has been playing, he won't see it this upcoming weekend either.

That's definitely the under-promoted story in all of this: the Packers' offense might actually be better without Favre than with him. Not that Favre isn't a good QB, but a QB who plays pretty well and doesn't make mistakes > a QB who plays really well a lot of the time but is good for 1-2 boneheaded INTs per game.

I think Brett got flustered.
At this rate, Favre in, Penny out may just prove to be the stupidest thing Mangini has done for the Jets.

I agree 100%.
No way would I have wanted to see Chad yesterday. I wonder if Mangini plays fantasy football.

I agree 100%.
No way would I have wanted to see Chad yesterday. I wonder if Mangini plays fantasy football.

hehe - Yeah, but he drafted Brady and is therefore sucking. :D

I live in Montana and am surrounded by Packers fans and have grown to loathe Brett Favre.

I hope Favre playing with Jets will show everyone the truth and the truth is that Favre was never the God he is made out to be.

I despise year after year seeing everything in the NFL overshadowed by the career decisions of Brett Favre. Even though I am not a Peyton Manning fan I hope he and Brady decimate every one of Favre's records that they can.

The only record I hope he keeps is his the most interceptions one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey