Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
First off, I think this offense could be the best in NFL History, and on paper arguably is.

But, say the unthinkable happened. Brady goes down in week 1, out for the season, Hoyer steps in with Welker, Lloyd, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Gaffney.

I think Hoyer is starting caliber, and giving him that, would it be nuts to think the offense would still be top 5 and the team would STILL be a superbowl contender?

Was talking about this with a friend, found it interesting, shows how insanely stacked the team is on offense.

I think Hoyer has shown potential ...in blowout wins and preseason games.

He wouldn't be allowed to "unleash" the offense if something were to happen to Brady. The gameplan would be redone and focused around protecting him from making mistakes. Short, safe passes, heavy run game. 2008.

Hoyer has never really been tested in live action regular season games for anything more than a couple plays.

I really have no idea how good he may be.:cool:

He could be a bottom of the league starting QB IMO. I don't think any fanbase would be happy if their team brought him in as the answer at QB.

With that said, who knows how he would develop, I'm sure no one would of been excited if someone traded for Brady at the beggining of the 2001 season as their future QB.

I think of him as a solid backup, but to be honest he hasn't really proved that, and like the above poster said, lets hope we don't have to find out. If Brady did go down, I'd feel better with Mallet stepping in after one year then Hoyer.

Last edited:
If that happens then I would like to see both Hoyer and Mallet get meaningful time at QB, after a few weeks we will have our QB answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes