PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical: Who Is Worth a 2nd round Trade Up?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which of the following prospects would you prefer if the Pats traded up in the 2nd round?

• Cameron Erving, OL, Florida St.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Ty Sambrailo, OL, Colorado St.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Malcolm Brown, DT, Texas

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Arik Armstead, DE/DT, Oregon

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Danielle Hunter, DE/OLB, LSU

• Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn

• Other (please specify and explain)

• Total voters
I've watched a ton of UGA football the past two years. What I see in Gurley is a very tall/big guy with tremendous break away speed. That is the good. The bad is that since he is such a big target he is always getting banged up. I also think he tends to dance behind the line. He's more of a home run hitter than a positive yards type so I don't think he would be a great fit in NE.

On the other hand I absolutely love Nick Chubb. He looks exactly like Ray Rice (same build, running style and even same number). The guy always makes people miss and always gets positive yards. The only unknown with him is how effective he could be in the passing game since he hasn't done it much. Of course he isn't coming out this year since he's a freshman.
I always believed (since '12) that Todd Gurley was easily and truthfully the best RB since AP, his knee injury and other injuries worry me but his talent is undeniable, this kid can really do a lot, I believe back to back Heisman winner if he stayed healthy

On Chubb, I think it's amazing how many good RBs UGA (Gurley, Marshall, Chubb, Michel) and the SEC can pump out in recent years, no denying the SEC is without a doubt the top football conference, Chubb will be an exciting prospect

I wasn't too familiar with Maxx Williams (or many of the other guys for that matter) until I saw this post. Now I realize I would def trade up for him in round 2. I would even draft him in Round 1 if that is where he ends up settling in in terms of value.

Minnesota TE Maxx Williams will forego his final two seasons of college eligibility and enter the 2015 NFL draft.
We're excited about this one. Listed at 6-foot-4, 250, Williams racked up 36 catches for 569 yards and eight touchdowns as a 20-year-old redshirt sophomore in 2014. He was the Gophers' leading receiver in every category by a significant margin. Williams won't turn 21 until just before the 2015 draft, and looks like a future difference maker as a pass-catching tight end. We suspect Williams' "stock" will rise throughout the winter and early spring and he'll end up being drafted as high as the top 15.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10298/maxx-williams

I wasn't too familiar with Maxx Williams (or many of the other guys for that matter) until I saw this post. Now I realize I would def trade up for him in round 2. I would even draft him in Round 1 if that is where he ends up settling in in terms of value.

I said it at multiple places already but while we have the best TE in the game, currently there is no plan B if something happens to him. Maxx Williams has the body and ability to grow into such an insurance.

I am hoping that we take a OL in the first and I would trade up for Maxx Williams. This does 2 things:
1. He is a decent blocker (better than Hooman) so he would be able to help the OL in 2 TE sets.
2. He is an Offensive weapon. I think that another Gronk(I know not quite)would help the passing game more than a new WR.

Just my thoughts. Did anyone see Maxx in Bowl game???:eek:
When he hurdled 2 guys to get into the end zone. I bet the BB was drooling maybe that was me drooling:oops:

Reminds me of a smaller, more fluid and mobile Gronk, I'm a fan but don't see us grabbing him, no need

I would trade up for Sammie Coates. Interesting wr.

However it is so hard for wr's to break into the Brady clique.

I've heard a few people talk about this Sammie Coates like he's the next Randy Moss and i'm not seeing the big deal about him. I watched probably 3 or 4 Auburn games this season and route running was nowhere near good, no exaggeration most balls i seen thrown his way were drops, very raw. Thought his teammate Duke Williams looked better ( Not really a fan of either ) . Perfect guys for the Pats system would be: Vince Mayle-Washington St, Justin Hardy-ECU, Devin Smith-Ohio St and Titus Davis-Central Michigan. Those few i listed are more realistic available in the mid to late rounds can be the vertical deep ball threat/kick return etc. We need that big star guy that can take pressure off of Gronk, Edelman and that can be that one-two punch with TFB!

I don't think I'd trade up for a receiver, Maybe maxx Williams. But I would definitely trade up for someone like cam Erving if available. He seems like he'd be a good pickup for us.

Last edited:
I really want the Pats to add some quality on both sides of the trenches. So if we go OL first round, I'd love for the Pats to try and be aggressive in the second and get a quality DL like an Armstead or a Brown. If we go DL first round, then Cam Erving for sure.

Just my opinion, I want at least 2 guys to be picked in the trenches with our first 3 picks...

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back