PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is stupid..Cassell isnt even better than a guy like Schaub that they can get..

plus they have 3 capable guys..

1. Grossman - they stuck with him and Lovie isnt backing down
2. Griese - everyone wanted him to go in..he was pretty good w/ Bucs
3. Orton - started till Grossman got back and he was 10-3 as a starter or something

plus MC hasnt proven anything..hes played in a few games and this preseason he wasnt that good..

Last edited:
HMMMM!
Let me say first that I like Matt Cassell and think he has potential.
However, why would anyone think he is better than Rex Grossman and/or Brian Griese. We can hope he is but in the games I have seen him play he is a slow starter and maybe needs a little work on accuracy. Again, I like him but we don't have a clue how he would operate in a real game with something on the line.

I think Urgent's tongue in cheek response captured the viability of this suggestion (although subsequently chastised). It certainly must have been mismanagement by Beioli not to have gotten number one draft choices for Michael Bishop and Rohan Davey. Cassell may have more in common with them than he does with Grossman and Griese.

this is stupid..Cassell isnt even better than a guy like Schaub that they can get..

plus they have 3 capable guys..

1. Grossman - they stuck with him and Lovie isnt backing down
2. Griese - everyone wanted him to go in..he was pretty good w/ Bucs
3. Orton - started till Grossman got back and he was 10-3 as a starter or something
According to MoLewisRocks comments about Brian Griese (which are valid), the Chicago Bears quarterback situation is a disaster. It's a miracle the Chicago Bears even won a playoff game this year with Rex Grossman at quarterback.

According to MoLewisRocks comments about Brian Griese (which are valid), the Chicago Bears quarterback situation is a disaster. It's a miracle the Chicago Bears even won a playoff game this year with Rex Grossman at quarterback.

if Bears want a new QB..im sure they can trade or pickup a guy like Leftwitch..Garrard..Brunell is they want..1 of the 50000 jets QB

their QB sitaution isnt a disaster..only Grossman is ..when Griese got a chance..he played well. Orton did better than Grossman

at best we get a 5th round pick ..and probably use a 5th or 6th for a QB again but why? what if brady gets hurt?

BB values quality depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey