PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical Question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets and Dolphins are equal enemies.
The fact that one currently has a load mouth oaf as HC doesnt really make a difference.

Agree 100%. I hate the Dolphins just as much as I hate the Jets, even though the Jets are better right now than Miami is.

It amounts to "throwing" a football game.

Resting players, limited gameplan to test stuff, using a backup QB are all okay but deliberating losing ......... that'll get you a visit from the FBI. People rely on the Game's integrity, I would be embarrassed if it happened .... you know, poor up bringing.

That would be as a team. As a fan, .............. no way I'd want to lose going into the playoffs. I'd expect Hoyer to win.

Imagine that scenario. The Patriots essentially throw a game so that the Jets don't make the playoffs. Wonder what Sheriff Goodell would do in response.....
:bricks:

It is one thing to rest a couple of key players in a non-key game but it is entirely another matter to actively throw a game and/or root for an opposing team. I'm going to assume you really meant the former and not the latter since you would not really be a Patriots fan if you were rooting for other teams., irrespective of your supposed reasoning.

So let's assume we rest key players putting a non-key game at risk. I'm okay with that as long as it isn't excessive however I don't think the Patriots, specifically Brady and Welker, could ever be convinced to sit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back