PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If I'm taking up bandwidth on here, please accept my apologies(as I'm bored a bit now).

For one-I'm probably one of the few NFL/non-Pats homers that DOESN'T buy all this "The Pats cheated" hype.

However-ASSUMING that BB DID cheat(this is ASSUMING, *not* saying they did)-then why have the Mara's, Jeff Lurie, Bill Richardon, Bill Polian, Jerry Jones and even THE ROONEY'S been awefully quiet over this?

Just found it odd how Polian was so vocal over the officiating when his team plays the Pats, but his mouth his awefully zipped up when *supposedly* BB hid cameras behind the goal posts to record Peyton's audibles. And for that matter, don't The Rooney's have the most clout in the NFL?

Last edited:
If I'm taking up bandwidth on here, please accept my apologies(as I'm bored a bit now).

For one-I'm probably one of the few NFL/non-Pats homers that DOESN'T buy all this "The Pats cheated hype".

However-ASSUMING that BB DID cheat(this is ASSUMING, *not* saying they did)-then why have the Mara's, Jeff Lurie, Bill Richardon, Bill Polian, Jerry Jones and even THE ROONEY'S been awefully quiet over this?

Just found it odd how Polian was so vocal over the officiating when his team plays the Pats, but his mouth his awefully zipped up when *supposedly* BB hid cameras behind the goal posts to record Peyton's audibles. And for that matter, don't The Rooney's have the most clout in the NFL?

good point...

I think the obvious answer is that they all had cameras and recorders where they weren't supposed to and anyone who spoke out about it would've looked really bad when they were shown doing the same things.

but ur preaching to the choire...(or however u spell it)

I think it's for a couple of reasons. Some maybe because they have their own "advanced scouting" and some because they were throwing mud behind the scenes. I have a hard time believing that Polian kept quiet with all of the history between BB and him.

I think Polian let (and probably encouraged) Tony Dungy come out and condemn Belichick for his actions. Polian has been accused of cheating and other underhanded things himself. Him saying something wouldn't carry much weight and might encourage a backlash. He trotts out Mr. Clean, Tony Dungy to say what he wants to say and people take notice.

1) I don't think anyone (in the league) really considered what he was doing cheating (what most consider cheating anyway). It was, and only ever was, a rule violation.

2) Also, It's highly likely, to almost certainty, that BB was caught doing something that EVERYONE does in some form or another. Most are just thankful that the other guy got busted and certainly aren't gonna be stupid enough to put up a big fuss, which might ultimately shed light on other trangressions (like thier own). That's why this thing died so quick everywhere except in the overhype media circles and unkowing fans sites. Out side a few artards too dumb to know better, there really wasn't much said in the coaching/executive ranks (publically anyway).

Last edited:
Amen, brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes