Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/05/dungy-knocks-pa.html

When Dungy took questions, a student asked whether there was anything he wished he could add to the book. Dungy brought up the Patriots' videotaping scandal.

"We talk about how important it is to do things the right way and have integrity so that when you do win, people can never ask that question," Dungy he said. "That's the great thing that I'm happy about with our team."

Added Dungy: "Yes, we won. But no one is really going to ask, 'Did they cheat? Did they do things the right way?' I think our record speaks for itself and if you're a true champion, that's the way you'd like it to be."

Last edited:
Dungy is who he is, a avg coach, who got lucky to win at least one super bowl.. Thank god he was coaching against lovie smith, another soft coach..

Say what you will about Dungy's coaching abilities, he's one hell of a dad. And that's what really counts.

Say what you will about Dungy's coaching abilities, he's one hell of a dad. And that's what really counts.

I dont know how to take that comment, so I guess I will just leave this one alone..

Oh that hurts ... :p

Say what you will about Dungy ..
team before family fan it's all about who gives you $$$ ... not who spends it.

Ugh. This guy should stay out of the patriots business. Holier than thou POS. I hope the rigging in the new stadium fails and a beam crushes the guy. Seriously, I would never wish harm upon anyone, but this jackass never knows when not to open his F'n mouth.

Ouch.

I dont know how to take that comment, so I guess I will just leave this one alone..

Just as well...after all, it takes a great guy to send a troubled kid away...blah blah...whole history...etc...hate Dungy. Just a horrible, horrible person.

While I think this remark is over the line, I am amazed by how sanctimonious this guy is. What a loser. His retirement can't come soon enough.

he does have a point...if you don't get found out, you won't be called a cheater

and let's face it, aside from NE fans, the rest of the nfl fans will remember NE for cheating during their dynasty

that's just a cold hard reality.

no one's taking the rings away but you are going to have to just accept being thought of as a cheating franchise.

oh and before anyone says it, i've already accepted other fans thinking that way about my chargers, we just didn't get any rings out of it yet lol

Last edited:
Just one of the many differences between Belichick and the sanctimonious hypocrite.

For the record that link goes to some bizarro message board moderation thread that has no mention of Dungy. This quote sounds vaguely familiar, like something he said back in September.

Well the good thing about his comments are now the colts chances of beating us went from slim to none...thanks Dung...

he does have a point...if you don't get found out, you won't be called a cheater

and let's face it, aside from NE fans, the rest of the nfl fans will remember NE for cheating during their dynasty

that's just a cold hard reality.

no one's taking the rings away but you are going to have to just accept being thought of as a cheating franchise.

oh and before anyone says it, i've already accepted other fans thinking that way about my chargers, we just didn't get any rings out of it yet lol

We got three rings going on 5 or so....you'll never see ANY. Skarew u.

BTW, if Dungy feels so strongly about the issue he should definitely give back his rings from the 'roid abusing Steeler teams of the '70s, where he cut his teeth. That would send a strong message to the youth of America.

Coach Dungy really should shut up about this!

what can u expect? 95% of teh coacehs and fans who made a deal about spygate did because of one thing....jealousy

if their team was a dynasty right now, none of them would give a damn

dungy apparently has heard of the quote,

"the ones who are forgotten are those who go [to the sb], and lose, or those who win only once"

bye bye dungy

Well, Belichick is two SB up on Dungy and he hasn't had the family "incident" that Dungy has had so I guess all Dungy has to play up is his moral superiority - he has nothing else.

This was a pretty low blow from a supposed saint.

I don't understand why it's so hard to just not talk about something that has nothing to do with you. Especially when no one else brings it up. Why bring it up yourself?

As a coach, Dungy is perhaps the most over rated coach in all sports history. He entered a "perfect storm" in Tampa: a change of ownership (from frugal, focused on profits - Culverhouse) to one that was trying to prove to the area that they were winners (focused on a tax payer supported stadium deal with public support - i.e., win today.) Combine that with a decent FO and high draft picks as well as a team that nearly made the playoffs with Sam Wyche, and Dungy was in a no lose position.

Reality is that Dungy's conservative style crashed a Bucs team that was talented enough to go to multiple super bowls. As far as being a defensive guru, that title remains with his DC Monte Kiffin. Dungy backers talk about those under him that have gone on to other jobs, but Lovie Smith and Herm Edwards each served five years under Kiffin; Rod Marinelli spent ten years under Kiffin; and Mike Tomlin had 5 years under Kiffin. Maybe it should be Kiffin's coaching tree, and not Dungy's? Dungy could not get it done even with Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, John Lynch and Ronde Barber all in their prime.

And for all those Dungy lovers that say it was his team that won that super bowl five years ago, here is my question - if Gruden (as opposed to Dungy) had nothing to do with it, then why did Gruden win in that one year, but Dungy couldn't get it done year after year after year after year after year?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes