PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hybrid SuperBeast!! Patriots Merge 2004, 2007, & 2010 Offenses!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperBeast??

Evidently not. :mad:

Domination is defined by what one does in the Depths of Winter.

But wrong though I certainly was, I was light years closer than Stoney's whining, bleating, "The Sky Is Falling" wailing & gnashing of teeth, let's be clear about that!!
jester.gif

*My one greatest stated concern, from Day 1 ~ indeed, for as long as I've been around these parts ~ has been the O Line and our Depth of Talent at Defensive Tackle...and therein, above all, lied our failure, Sunday:

The Grizzlies.

It All Starts In The Trenches, Baby.

Always has.

Always will.

As you say, domination is defined by what you do in winter, and the Pats' offenses have repeatedly failed that test. As the Captain predicted, the SuperBeast went out with a whimper when it got hit in the face by a more physical team, which is what happened last year against Pittsburgh. Definitely the old Kevin McHale strategy of clotheslining Kurt Rambis to slow down the Lakers' fast break.

The Pats' need to get more physical on both offense and defense. Gronk clearly provided a physical dimension that they missed, but they need more than one player. And they need to be able to move the chains with confidence on 3rd and 2 without having to pass the ball - we've seen that kill us over and over again, but we don't seem to address it.

As you say, domination is defined by what you do in winter, and the Pats' offenses have repeatedly failed that test. As the Captain predicted, the SuperBeast went out with a whimper when it got hit in the face by a more physical team, which is what happened last year against Pittsburgh. Definitely the old Kevin McHale strategy of clotheslining Kurt Rambis to slow down the Lakers' fast break.

The Pats' need to get more physical on both offense and defense. Gronk clearly provided a physical dimension that they missed, but they need more than one player. And they need to be able to move the chains with confidence on 3rd and 2 without having to pass the ball - we've seen that kill us over and over again, but we don't seem to address it.

It may be worth dropping HooHoo and picking up Larsen as a real fullback. Or Tebow.

Would like to see Ballard and Gronk on 3rd and short.

Edit: On the other hand, even though Ballard is huge his pro day only has him benching 17 reps of 225. For reference Danny Woodhead can do 20.

It may be worth dropping HooHoo and picking up Larsen as a real fullback. Or Tebow.

Would like to see Ballard and Gronk on 3rd and short.

Edit: On the other hand, even though Ballard is huge his pro day only has him benching 17 reps of 225. For reference Danny Woodhead can do 20.

More than Larsen, Tony Fiametta could be interesting. He missed 2012 for family issues, but I believe we still have his rights. He was an excellent blocking fullback in 2011.

Third and short has been a big problem for this offense, for years. Remember the Colts' game in 2009? How many times have we seen the Pats pass on 3rd and short because they can't push the pile effectively? What if we could slow things down, bring in a fullback like Fiammetta in front of Ridley and put 2 TEs on the field, and just ram it down teams' throats? Especially when we're in opposing team's territory, and we have the option of going for it on 4th down. That would be a big difference maker, IMHO. We've seen way too many scoring chances stall in these kind of situations.

And they need to be able to move the chains with confidence on 3rd and 2 without having to pass the ball - we've seen that kill us over and over again, but we don't seem to address it.

Yup.

That's why I've been pounding the table for the last 600 Years: We've got to invest in High Caliber Offensive Guards, not just train up UFA's to "get by" until we meet a real Defense in the Dark Depths of Winter. :rolleyes:

As the Captain predicted, the SuperBeast went out with a whimper when it got hit in the face by a more physical team, which is what happened last year against Pittsburgh.

"The Captain"???
spock.gif

Please don't offend the dignity of the Armed Forces by according Rank to that Chicken Little.

Brady deserves it. Brother Stone??

NO.

And please don't give him credit for being a Stopped Clock, for God's sake: He got EVERYTHING wrong this Season, and would've VAPORIZED if Kong'd been healthy and we'd STOMPED those Raven SCUM...

He reminds me of that guy at Barron's ~ the lead writer ~ who predicted a Market Collapse every single WEEK, from 1982 to 2000 ~ through the most GALACTIC Bull Market in the History of ANY Universe...and was wronger for longer than anyone's ever BEEN ~ except for Stone, himself, of course ~ But when the Market finally rolled over in 2000, after amassing TRILLIONS, he jumped up and shouted "Ah HAAAAAAAAAAAH!! TOLD you!! SUCKERS!!!"
jester.gif

If you scream that Bad Times Are Coming every single week, sooner or later you're gonna get one right.

Doesn't make you Nostradamus.
spock.gif

Yet like a stopped clock yourself, you pimped this offense all year long; but when push came to shove,
this SuperBeast wimped out, including its HC, OC & QB. So remind me again, who got what wrong?

But so as to not end this thread on a completely spiteful note, I do agree with you that Wendell-Connolly-Mankin$
should not be the future of our OL going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes