PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hybrid SuperBeast!! Patriots Merge 2004, 2007, & 2010 Offenses!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hybrid Offense ~ 2007 & 2011 Merge, Forming "Some Terrifying Mutant Combination!!

Get ready for another, ahem, stumble tonight, as in being shut out (or until the Murderers decide
that it's no longer worth their bother to try to stop them from scoring a few garbage-time points.)

Captain Downer at his finest.

I don't much care whether the Pats win or lose. One game does not make a season. But I'll be very surprised if this particular prediction ends up being correct.

Re: Hybrid Offense ~ 2007 & 2011 Merge, Forming "Some Terrifying Mutant Combination!!

Get ready for another, ahem, stumble tonight, as in being shut out (or until the Murderers decide
that it's no longer worth their bother to try to stop them from scoring a few garbage-time points.)

Let me get this straight.
Your position is that the Patriots will not be able to score until the Ravens give up in garbage time?
Is that really what you are saying?

Yes, yes it is.

I'll get the grill ready. At what temperature do you cook crow?

Color commentator Charles ****ens weighs in from the sidelines

CharlesDickens said:
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

I'll get the grill ready. At what temperature do you cook crow?

I cook at 350+. More importantly though, push a big dimple in the center of the patty with your thumb (it'll even out as you cook it) and flip only once or twice.

Happy grilling!

As for the Pats:

I think the Pats already have a better defense than the Ravens. Ravens may have the better pass defense, but overall NE is better.

I think the Pats already have a better defense than the Ravens.

Ravens may have the better pass defense, but overall NE is better.

Bingo!!

The Depth, the Talent, the Experience, the Leadership, and the Attitude are locked and loaded for us to launch all the way back to the elite level this year!!

And it's happening right before our eyes...

But, yes, most will take a long time to realize what a few'f us've already figured out, Brother Holiday ~ what some of us foresaw before the season began. :D

And some certain folks will never see it. ;)

And that's all right.

What a thread full of Fail.

This offensive OL sux; :(

the QB has become gun-shy; :(

we have only one RB worth two poops; :(

...Otherwise, as John McKay would say, we're in great shape. :(

Link: #1 Offense in the NFL: New EngLand FootBall Patriots!! :D :rocker:

Like you said, Stoney: What a Thread full of Fail!!
jester.gif

Is it Cannibalism when Chicken Littles have to eat CROW??? :eek:
jester.gif

Hernandez out for almost 4 of the first 5 games. Gronk banged up and clearly not 100%. And the offense still leading the league at 33 PPG. 580 yards total offense last week. 35 1st downs this week. 247 and 251 yards rushing each of the past 2 weeks.

I thin that this offense is shaping up to being something quite different from either 2007 or 2011, with more rushing balance than the team has ever had with Brady at the helm (not the case in 2008) and a full array of receiving options (not the case in 2004). Regardless, it's on the way to being something fairly special.

Hernandez out for almost 4 of the first 5 games. Gronk banged up and clearly not 100%. And the offense still leading the league at 33 PPG. 580 yards total offense last week. 35 1st downs this week. 247 and 251 yards rushing each of the past 2 weeks.

I thin that this offense is shaping up to being something quite different from either 2007 or 2011, with more rushing balance than the team has ever had with Brady at the helm (not the case in 2008) and a full array of receiving options (not the case in 2004). Regardless, it's on the way to being something fairly special.

And they still have some potential with the long ball. Besides health my biggest concern is that defenses are apparently allowed to mug Gronk and if he fights back at all he gets flagged... (yes the kneejerk is strong in me)

ESPN's Bill Williamson calls the Pats' offense the best in the NFL, and distinguishes it from previous years:

It's safe to say that the Patriots have found a fantastic running game to take some pressure off of Tom Brady. I think it's also safe to say that New England has far and away the best offense in the NFL. ... Now, the Patriots can play offense any way that the defense dictates. And few quarterbacks are in Brady's class of calling the correct play for his team and taking what the defense gives him. ... Of course the Patriots can finesse a defense to death with their precision passing game and multiple formations and personnel groupings, but few realize that this is an extremely physical offense as well. Their offensive line has size, is well-coached and very tough minded. ... This offense is a juggernaut and the running game is a big reason why. Brady is playing at a high level in this up-tempo attack. Once Hernandez comes back from injury, it will be downright frightening for opposing defensive coordinators. The Patriots have the best offense in football right now.

NFL - New England Patriots have the NFL's best offense right now - ESPN

And that's with Aaron Hernandez and Julian Edelman out and Rob Gronkowski hobbled.

We play 3 top defenses in our remaining 11 games - Seattle next week, then Houston and San Francisco at home. It will be interesting to see how the offense does against those teams, especially if all the weapons are healthy.

Ron Jaworksi compares the 2012 offense with 2007, and thinks this version could ultimately be better:

"This is a very dynamic offense right now in New England," Jaws said on Monday's SportsCenter. "We can all look back a few years ago when Tom Brady threw 50 touchdown passes, which was an outstanding offensive team. This may be better because it has every dimension a quarterback could want. No. 1, an athletic and strong offensive line. They can run inside, they can run outside, they can throw the ball deep, they can throw it short, they can run the play action passing game. There is a plethora of running backs that they have. They will have a plethora of tight ends when Aaron Hernandez comes back.

You look at this offense right now. As a defensive player, as a defensive coach, I don't know how you stop it. What do you stop first? You cant say 'We want to stop the run,' or 'We want to stop the pass' because they do both so well."

Jaws: Pats offense might be better than '07 - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

New England Patriots Offense - Thru Five Games

Points per Game - 1st

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Points per Game on TeamRankings.com

First Downs per Game - 1st

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team First Downs per Game on TeamRankings.com

Yards per Game - 1st

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Yards per Game on TeamRankings.com

Rushing Yards per Game - 3rd

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Rushing Yards per Game on TeamRankings.com

Passing Yards per Game - 9th

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Passing Yards per Game on TeamRankings.com

Team Passer Rating - 3rd

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Average Team Passer Rating on TeamRankings.com

Team Passing Completion Percentage - 8th

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Completion Percentage on TeamRankings.com

Team Passing Yards per Passing Attempt - 7th

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Yards per Pass Attempt on TeamRankings.com

In addition, the New England Patriots offense has only turned over the football four times in five games.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Giveaways per Game on TeamRankings.com

Bucky Brooks looks at the latest makeover of the Pats offense, this one featuring the up-tempo no huddle and the power running game:

New England Patriots diversify offense with power running game - NFL.com

It's impressive how many ways the Pats have been able to "re-design" an offense that averages over 30 points per game.

you can take what all these pundits says and use the paper it's printed on to light some charcoal and do something constructive...like smoke ribs or grill porterhouses...they are all just grinning jacka$$es as far as I'm concerned

Perhaps my wall of text was too much for people or not provactive enough. But, what will be the net affect over the season of this team continuing to run as many plays they are? they seem to be averaging 20% more than last year as lead the league.

That's a good problem to have, but could the Oline have some serious fatigue by the end of the season? I would think the other positions would be better off and Brady would have less wear and tear.

I think NE is the best offense ...with a coach, lol. Mind you a lot of this hybrid talk was done by SP in 2008. He drafted big TE's , but they didn't work out. Hence the Shocky experiment. But he never did the Duel TE's of Hernz and Gronk.
I always wonder if that was just a fortunate draft accident, or BB actually thought about doing it.

I think NE is the best offense ...with a coach, lol. Mind you a lot of this hybrid talk was done by SP in 2008. He drafted big TE's , but they didn't work out. Hence the Shocky experiment. But he never did the Duel TE's of Hernz and Gronk.
I always wonder if that was just a fortunate draft accident, or BB actually thought about doing it.

BB has drafted at least 1 TE in almost every draft he has been HC in New England, I think he had a plan just finding the right players took a while.

Bill Belichick drafted tight end Daniel Graham in the first round of the 2002 NFL Draft and tight end Ben Watson in the first round of the 2004 NFL Draft. Obviously the aforementioned tight ends did not work out as well as the current pair of Gronkowski and Hernandez.

Very Good, Gentlemen. :cool:

Duly noted and appreciated.

I make absolutely no promises...But such Input is, indeed, appreciated.

In fact: I'd like to solicit any such similar opinions from anyone who holds them.

Seriously.

I am not above Evolving, and would at least consider easing up on the bowplanes if I felt I was impinging on the enjoyment of my treatises by enough of my Fellow FootBall Fanatics.

Oh...And specifics are welcome and appreciated: Are the Smilies the most difficult aspect of my Bloviations to digest, for example? :D

No, No, No!!

Never change your style! You are by far the wittiest and most enjoyable poster on here! I happen to Love the energy that comes from your posts!

Don't change a thing!! :nooo: :nooo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye