PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hybrid SuperBeast!! Patriots Merge 2004, 2007, & 2010 Offenses!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hybrid Offense ~ 2007 & 2011 Merge, Forming "Some Terrifying Mutant Combination!!

I love OTG posts, but reading them has made me realize I have A.D.D. I'm trying to hold on to the topic of this thread when i get to kong and wild wild wes and my mind just starts to wander. Im like great offense 2007 and 11 and will smith was a pretty good actor in wild wild wes and what other movie has he done lately etc. Back to football, wait a minute jack black was actually serious in that kong movie.

Re: Hybrid Offense ~ 2007 & 2011 Merge, Forming "Some Terrifying Mutant Combination!!

Your Credit is Good, Brother Holiday, and I am always gratefull for such kindly intended Criticism. :cool:

There is little likelihood of my mellowing out at any point in the foreseeable future, however!! :D

And I assure you that ~ whatever impression you may've honestly gathered ~ those two particularly nicknames came to me directly from The Ether, whence most of my Notions issue!! :D

Don't get me wrong: Many of my nicknames and terms take considerable work and research, for which I make no apology whatsoever!! :D

I have to add, though: If the manner of my message inhibits your ability to "take me seriously", that, my friend ~ and I say this with great respect, truly I do ~ says far more about your Judgment, than about my Content. Respectfully submitted. :cool:

I don't expect you to change, nor will I cease to enjoy your analysis either way.

That said, if I had to point out to where my annoyance comes from it is in fact the excess italicizing and bolding. It feels like you are imposing your emotions on me, rather than allowing me to react accordingly to the merit of your work.

It's a small point, but you do ask why in a later post. Regardless of how I feel about your delivery, just want to reiterate that I consistently enjoy your work.

Last edited:

I don't expect you to change, nor will I cease to enjoy your analysis either way.

That said, if I had to point out to where my annoyance comes from it is in fact the excess italicizing and bolding. It feels like you are imposing your emotions on me, rather than allowing me to react accordingly to the merit of your work.

It's a small point, but you do ask why in a later post. Regardless of how I feel about your delivery, just want to reiterate that I consistently enjoy your work.

That (bold, italicized, and underlined part!! :eek: :D :p) really makes me think.

There is little that I find more offensive than someone trying to impose their emotions on me...So finding that I'm triggering that impression in another ~ and presumably 100 other guys who haven't said so ~ is an eye opener.
39.gif

A few bits...

1 ~ Good news!! I have been cramming 3 months worth of writing into about 12 days, lately ~ the Summer utterly comatizes me, and this one was astonishingly persistent and long ~ so I am, consequently, hopped UP, now that the Weather's finally turned...not only on Coffee, but on Adrenaline. Consequently, even talking about the Weather has me italicizing and bolding like a LUNATIC, these last 10 days or so...Once I've finished the last of my catch up ~ either tomorrow morning or in the next few days ~ I should simmer down considerably, even to a marginally human level.

2 ~ I hope to God that all this doesn't come across as self-absorbed or self-serving. I'm just trying to be honest and acknowledge what is true of every single Soul who posts here: that I do give a rat's ass how I come across. Thanks for taking the initiative to criticize and for doing so in a constructive manner, Brother Holiday. :cool:

I love OTG posts, but reading them has made me realize I have A.D.D. I'm trying to hold on to the topic of this thread when i get to kong and wild wild wes and my mind just starts to wander. Im like great offense 2007 and 11 and will smith was a pretty good actor in wild wild wes and what other movie has he done lately etc. Back to football, wait a minute jack black was actually serious in that kong movie.

Sorry about that, man.
icon_redface.gif

The Psychosis, I believe, is mine, not yours. :eek:

But I should be simmering down in the days ahead...

Hey...found the latest pic of OTG on google...nice..

4.jpg

That (bold, italicized, and underlined part!! :eek: :D :p) really makes me think.

There is little that I find more offensive than someone trying to impose their emotions on me...So finding that I'm triggering that impression in another ~ and presumably 100 other guys who haven't said so ~ is an eye opener.
39.gif

:cool:

...your eyelids are getting heavy. You are very sleepy. Listen only to the sound of my voice. On the count of three, you'll wake up stone-faced and dispassionate. One-Two-Three....

Last edited:

Tough read.....Felt like I needed to be wearing Dungeons and Dragons garb ....

Whilst I wielded the Mighty Excalibur in quest of wenches and grog.....however... said scribe doth paint a fine picture of Lord Belichick's quest...to extend the battlefield in a vertical manner with Squire Lloyd transfixed in the role as the fox leading the hounds deep away from the main battle pitch. Lord Belichick will also command Squire LLoyd to spray scent on the edges of the pitch thus stretching and thinning the opposing ranks. I would be forlorn to neglect the frontlines of the assault where Master Ridley and his band of brutes charge headlong into the teeth of the Cardinal's forces punching holes through the first line at will. Reinforcements are brought forward closer to the battle line hoping to fill leaking holes in the defense. Sir Belichick, perched high above in the castle takes note of the Cardinal countermeasures....two lines of soldiers pressed forward while his fox has lead the 3rd tier of defense deep into the woods beyond the village. Lord Belichick spies daylight....a vast space in the middle of the battlefield. The command is given. A small white Welker rabbit breaks forward across the drawbridge and through a tiny opening within the hand to hand skirmish. The backers begin chase but their efforts are in vane. The rabbit hops free and legend has it that the little rabbit had a smile transfixed beneath his whiskers. Lord Belichick next sends forth his mighty stallion....a fierce animal with the strength of a plow horse and the quickness of an Carribbean hummingbird. Backers are no match against the Hernandez and safety help is no where to be seen. Then from on top of the highest tower, a single trumpet blasts. Soldiers within the confines of the castle begin to bang their spears against the stone walls....Gronk Gronk Gronk.....A cage door opens on command and a freakish sight appears. For centuries a myth had traveled from village to village...of a giant of a man....superior in all ways to mere mortals....a man who could slay armies single handedly while bedding the village wenches by the dozen during summer holidays. Lord Belichick has indeed brought forward his most important chess pieces.....but one last piece has yet to be deployed. Lord Belichick inquires to the whereabouts of Sir Brady....his most hardened warrior. "Sir Brady is with maidens sharpening his sword, your lordship." Ah...Sir Brady, ever the warrior. And then he appeared. A sound of harps filled the valley and a gentle breeze stroked his blonde mane. Nary a word was spoken between the Lord and his most loyal field commander. This battle has already been won

There is little that I find more offensive than someone trying to impose their emotions on me...

Okay, the OTG doth protest too much, methinks.

Come on, you just said you were in theatre!

Dr Seuss VS Shakespeare-Epic Rap Battles of History [LIVE @ VidCon 2012] - YouTube

For the record I love the pure joyful excess of the OP.... but that said, if we've learned one thing, it's that you can have four blissful months of unstoppable trumped by a helmet catch or a salsa-ing rookie, or a gronked ankle in the super bowl.

By that measure we've been unstoppable enough (off and on) for years. We just haven't been champions enough.

But these are late season thoughts, not early season thoughts... for now, over the top it is.

So that said, why stop at how the offense looks like it might do... how about the defense, if we consider the Tennessee Titans to be the test that defines them?

I want to nickname Jones and Hightower something like Thing 1 and Thing 2, or Necessary and Sufficient, or maybe just rename the whole defense The Hurt Locker. If we win another game can I go with that? :)

Don't let my old-dude cynicism even remotely drag you down though OTG... the whole point of being a fan is being "fanatic." And you have to admit, on paper, The Hybrid is "some terrifying mutant combination." I just can't stand the idea that it'll end up being an old prius once February comes around.

Any chance you can wave an adjective or two at the offensive line and put some of those fears to rest? :D

Last edited:

I can't believe how some of you are dumping on Grid for his dramatic touch, you might as well criticize Adam Lambert for being gay, it's what he does! Look at the bright side, whenever I start to think my own level of Patriots enthusiasm is over the top and I might have a problem I read some posts by Grid and suddenly feel incredibely normal:)

If it weren't for raving lunatics life would be boring. All hail Grid:rocker:

.... against the Flaming Thumbtacks

I love this.

....The Patriots didn't use the same offense package twice, until the 25th play of the game....

Poor Ocho never had a chance.

Okay, the OTG doth protest too much, methinks.

Come on, you just said you were in theatre!

Dr Seuss VS Shakespeare-Epic Rap Battles of History [LIVE @ VidCon 2012] - YouTube

For the record I love the pure joyful excess of the OP.... but that said, if we've learned one thing, it's that you can have four blissful months of unstoppable trumped by a helmet catch or a salsa-ing rookie, or a gronked ankle in the super bowl.

By that measure we've been unstoppable enough (off and on) for years. We just haven't been champions enough.

But these are late season thoughts, not early season thoughts... for now, over the top it is.

So that said, why stop at how the offense looks like it might do... how about the defense, if we consider the Tennessee Titans to be the test that defines them?

I want to nickname Jones and Hightower something like Thing 1 and Thing 2, or Necessary and Sufficient, or maybe just rename the whole defense The Hurt Locker. If we win another game can I go with that? :)

Don't let my old-dude cynicism even remotely drag you down though OTG... the whole point of being a fan is being "fanatic." And you have to admit, on paper, The Hybrid is "some terrifying mutant combination." I just can't stand the idea that it'll end up being an old prius once February comes around.

Any chance you can wave an adjective or two at the offensive line and put some of those fears to rest? :D

Ah, my entire quiver of adjectives would I happily let fly, if only had I the belief that such an act could fortify the resolve ~ and the anchoring skills ~ of our Offensive Line!! Alas!! :D

Yes, the only substantial area of concern for me ~ outside of the Black Hole that I perceive behind Brady on the old QB Depth Chart ~ is our horrifyingly thin Depth of Talent at O Line.

Indeed, it is so wafer-thin that I was prepared to say "OK, I guess I really don't want to meet the Giants in The Depths of Winter, spoiling though I am for Revenge: the Matchup of NasCar 1 versus our hideously thin O Line Depth of Talent is too perfect a match up for our Most Worthy Foe..."

...And then I considered...our Defense. :eek:

It's been so long since I could say this that the words sound strange to me, even in my own mind...especially in light of last year's performance...But this Defense is so loaded with heavily talented and intelligent young Dogs who're reaching the Acceleration Point of their young careers, and so loaded with Impact Rookies, so loaded, in fact, with talented young Ballers who seem to be entering that Quickening phase of their careers where it all slows down for them...and, above all, we seem to be so rich with young guys who truly get it ~ Synergy, TeamWork, and how much more 11 guys working together can do than 11 guys working alone ~ than I believe that a Quantum Leap from the bottom of the league to its top...is not only in the offing, but is happening in front of our very eyes. :eek:

I guess I'd better post this little eruption of mine on the D Thread, oughtn't I??

God HELP the Cardinals Offense, today.

I presume nothing, of course...But I just don't think those poor Bastards have a chance.

Ah, it made so much sense... but you didn't account for the force of nature that is the Arizona Cardinals :eek:

Ah, it made so much sense... but you didn't account for the force of nature that is the Arizona Cardinals :eek:

It will all get worked out. It's not surprising with all the new pieces and the instability on the OL that the offense is taking some time to gel. It will in the end.

PFT reports that Hernandez is out "up to 6 weeks" with a high ankle sprain, so he should be back by the bye week, if not sooner. Let's see how things go until then. Hopefully Scar will smooth out some of the OL glitches, Josh McD will make some adjustments on the play calling, Brady will get his timing and communication with his new receivers down better. We still haven't seen Shane Vereen or Greg Salas on the field. There's a lot of time for things to change.

I remember seeing this thread before the game. LOL.

I couldn't be less concerned with yesterday's loss. Anyone who thinks that men will come out with the same level of emotion and intensity every single week are kidding themselves. I obviously expected a much more charged up team than we got, yesterday, but it's not earth shattering that we got what we got. It happens.

I'll bet heavy on the Patriots every time, thank you. :cool:

And losing the most critical cog to our Offense, except for the QB, early on, didn't exactly help.

That is why I've been screaming for us to develop substantial Wing Back talent behind Aaron The Navigator, for the last few years. He plays far too critical a role in this Offense to simply pray that he doesn't get hurt.

But once he gets back ~ if they're smart enough to take their time with him and let him fully heal ~ and once the O Line gets its act together, we should ~ reasonably good health granted ~ be rocking and rolling nicely, thank you very much. :cool:

What a thread full of Fail.

This offensive OL sux; the QB has become gun-shy; we have only one RB worth two poops;
our most versatile player is gone for 2 months; and our best WR is being "taught a lesson"
rather than being put in the best position to catch passes.

Otherwise, as John McKay would say, we're in great shape.

:rolleyes:

What certain passive aggressive Conspiracy Theorists who offer nothing to this Board but who cackle with dark, bitter glee when the Patriots lose fail to grasp...is that:

1 ~ The premise of this Thread was about a Season, not a single game.
icon_idea.gif

2 ~ As such, only the helplessly ignorant would forget that the Patriots usually stumble a couple times in the first couple months: Look at 2010, for example, when we went a month without scoring 30...and then went the last two months without failing to score 30.

3 ~ In any case, with Aaron The Navigator not likely to be 100% again until next year, All Bets Are Off.

I still expect a great year, and a tremendous finish. But I don't expect us to be quite as explosive.

What certain passive aggressive Conspiracy Theorists who offer nothing to this Board but who cackle with dark, bitter glee when the Patriots lose fail to grasp...is that:

icon_idea.gif

2 ~ As such, only the helplessly ignorant would forget that the Patriots usually stumble a couple times in the first couple months: Look at 2010, for example, when we went a month without scoring 30...and then went the last two months without failing to score 30.

3 ~ In any case, with Aaron The Navigator not likely to be 100% again until next year, All Bets Are Off.

I still expect a great year, and a tremendous finish. But I don't expect us to be quite as explosive.

Why do you think Hernandez won't be 100% until next year? He has an ankle sprain. The Pats don't have to rush him back, and they shouldn't. Given time to heal, AHern should be 100% by the bye week and for the second half of the season, and the playoffs.

Why do you think Hernandez won't be 100% until next year? He has an ankle sprain. The Pats don't have to rush him back, and they shouldn't. Given time to heal, AHern should be 100% by the bye week and for the second half of the season, and the playoffs.

Well, because they don't have to rush him back, and they shouldn't...but because I think the odds are that he will rush back, just the same.

Here's hoping that he and they defeat what I perceive to be a very strong trend.

icon_idea.gif

Get ready for another, ahem, stumble tonight, as in being shut out (or until the Murderers decide
that it's no longer worth their bother to try to stop them from scoring a few garbage-time points.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes