PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hurry-Up Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady today on the hurry up

Why not run the hurry-up more often, or all the time?

Well, we do do it. We do it in every game, at some point. We tried it against Pittsburgh and we got our butt kicked. That didn’t work too well. We tried it against Dallas and it worked a little bit. It didn’t work some other times. Against the Giants, we used it a little bit. It didn’t work very well. So, there’s weeks when we use it. Obviously, when it works, you go, “Wow, that was good, let’s stay with it.” When it doesn’t you go, “What the hell are we doing that for?” So, a lot of it is just a feel for the game and what we’re doing. Last night, it paid off for us.

Is it physically possible to do it for an entire game?

Yeah, you could. The run-and-shoot, they did that. The Colts do pretty much no-huddle the whole game. Some teams it works better against than others. Some teams it’s more successful huddling up. We always are going to do what we think is best. Every week we try to set up a game plan that takes advantage of the things that we don’t think they do very well. Last night, honestly, we didn’t go into the game saying, “Man, we’re going to do a whole lot of this no-huddle.” It just happened that we got into the game, in the second half we changed the tempo a little bit and it seemed to help us. We stayed with it on occasion. Other times we huddled up. We made some pretty important plays huddling up, too.

Re: The Jets D has no answer for a hurry-up offense

I think this was the key. Hurry up stopped the Jets from all their substitutions. It also gave Brady the controls and I trust Brady more than BOB when it comes to play calls. The offense wasn't rolling until they went to hurry up.

Brady is the best QB at making plays on the fly.
Don't let the defense communicate or set.

He's got great instinct,patience and timing with his receivers.
I think BOB and BB should allow TB to do this periodically in games as well.

Hernandez is the key to the hurry up.

He is the matchup X factor.

If he's now healthy, we will probably see it more.

I hope so. He's just as deadly as Gronk...maybe even more.....he'll be making some huge plays down the stretch.

Made me smile when Collinsoworth said Bart Scott could barely keep his breath and holding his knees
I bet he was thinking, Tom Brady that "turd" "can't wait" to run a play.

Made me smile when Collinsoworth said Bart Scott could barely keep his breath and holding his knees

We all know what the Jets do on defense.:)

Fight fire with fire....attack like an "Offense" is supposed to do.
You cant be a sitting duck.
The Running game is vital...but w/ a QB like TB or Peyton...you need to use that hurry up talent. Remember the dink-dunk and Troy Brown.....now we have Welker. Its unstoppable.

Tom and Peyton are the best (possibly ever) at the hurry up. Amazing QB's.

I enjoy watching teams gets gassed.....dig the SB against Philly where our Defense had McNabb on his knees!

Winning!

It's a good option when our offense is in a funk and needs to gain an advantage, last night was perfect for it. I think it's in our best interest to sustain long drives and keep our defense off the field as much as we can. We've seen in the past that merely just trying to outshoot opponents will end in a poor result in January.

It's a good option when our offense is in a funk and needs to gain an advantage, last night was perfect for it. I think it's in our best interest to sustain long drives and keep our defense off the field as much as we can. We've seen in the past that merely just trying to outshoot opponents will end in a poor result in January.

hopefully the defense can keep scoring for us too!

Need to be mindful that every pass play the wr's run about 30 yard routes, and then run back to the huddle. This can get pretty exhausting, while it is sometimes effective.... better used situationally.

Next time the O is in a funk..just run the no huddle...will get them back into it as it usually does aka last night

I love the hurry-up offense. However, I think it should be used only when the normal offense doesn't work or when we're down and need quick scores. Sometimes I feel like we score too quickly with it and our defense doesn't have enough time to rest.

I don't know if this would work but what I would do is a no-huddle offense where we get lined up as quick as we can but always let the play clock go down to 1 and that way the other team can't switch personnel because Brady can snap it anytime?! It won't tire the defense as a normal hurry-up offense would but at least we would get the personnel matchups we want. And it would let our defense rest as long as it can.

Re: Curran:pATS O-LINE ISSUES VS. JETS CALLED FOR QUICK CHANGE

Great article. Instead of looking for someone to blame, they change things so they work better, less complicated.

Pretty much the opposite of how they are done at my job.:(

That's the kind of humility/arrogance balance that works really well.

Light: I'm not smart enough to handle what you're throwing at me. You need to change what you're doing.
BB: Yes Sir. I'll dumb it down. If you can't handle it, that's a mistake on my part.

Last edited:

That's the kind of humility/arrogance balance that works really well.

Light: I'm not smart enough to handle what you're throwing at me. You need to change what you're doing.
BB: Yes Sir. I'll dumb it down. If you can't handle it, that's a mistake on my part.

Management 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back