Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hunter Thompson Coo Coo

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

I have a lady friend in Cambridge Mass who is in her late Eighties, she liked this guy Hunter Thompson, I never knew who the hell was, this friend was in the Mt Auburn hospital having a hysterectomy when Thompson tried to kill a fly that landed on his head with a gun.
    She just mailed it back to me before she died, there was a note with it, she called me a dirty f-cking republican bastard.

This was what I wrote about her friend Hunter a couple of years ago shortly after the a$s hole crossed over.

Hunter Thompson:
    Who the hell is he, I never heard of him, he must have been a Liberal Kook Democrat. How would I know that, what would make me think that, I'll tell you what....He said "I hate Bush", that's what he said. Another thing that makes me think he was a "Lefty Neo Dem" is the fact that when he shot himself this week the NY Times (Neo Dem Bible) wrote an article depicting this guy as none other than Jesus H Christ. The NY Times and the Boston Globe want to Canonize this guy, they want him immediately raised to "Sainthood". If these two Left Wing Rags think this guy was a hero then he was a "Liberal Democrat".

This guys wife and all his close friends are "Lefty Kooky Liberal Democrats", how would I know that, I'll tell you how I know that. This "drugged up nut" called his wife up, then while on the phone he put a 45 caliber pistol in his mouth and blew his brains out, his wife notified some close friends, they all rushed to
    "fruit cakes" house and found him sitting in a kitchen chair with a big hole in the back of his "Coke Head".

Do they call the police, do they sob and cry, do they faint, no, they open some wine, then they start singing and drinking (Lefty Democrats By God) these screwballs are having a party while "Heroin Harry's Cadaver" is sitting in a kitchen chair with his mouth open, with his eyes open and a hole the size of a basketball in the back of his head. The NY Times, Al Franken, Barbara Boxer, Uncle Teddy, and Jimmy "Sissy" Carter all say "he would have wanted it that way"....Whoever this nut was the "Liberal Democrats" loved him. I never heard of him.

Well there is more to this "Nut Case", this guy wants to be cremated, then he wants his ashes shot out of a Cannon--:singing:

I bet he's got a "Kerry For President" bumper sticker on his snow blower.

"Mommy"
    "Yes dear"
    "What was that big bang"
    "That was Mr Thompsons funeral dear, they just shot him out of a Cannon"
    "Was he a democrat Mom"
    "Yes dear"
    "Wow"
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 10 / -26

Fear and loathing on Patsfans.com
  3. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Harry, Hunter Thompson was a really good writer, he was pretty wacky, but really good reading. As GJAJ pointed out his most famous book was Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, though he wrote numerous books, and even wrote for page2 of espn.com before his suicide. Here's an example of his writing, what he had to say about Nixon upon his death. Even though I disagree with him on Nixon (mostly) I love this piece.

http://www.counterpunch.org/thompson02212005.html

"It was Richard Nixon who got me into politics, and now that he's gone, I feel lonely. He was a giant in his way. As long as Nixon was politically alive--and he was, all the way to the end--we could always be sure of finding the enemy on the Low Road. There was no need to look anywhere else for the evil bastard. He had the fighting instincts of a badger trapped by hounds. The badger will roll over on its back and emit a smell of death, which confuses the dogs and lures them in for the traditional ripping and tearing action. But it is usually the badger who does the ripping and tearing. It is a beast that fights best on its back: rolling under the throat of the enemy and seizing it by the head with all four claws.

That was Nixon's style--and if you forgot, he would kill you as a lesson to the others. Badgers don't fight fair, bubba. That's why God made dachshunds."

I like this part too:

"I have had my own bloody relationship with Nixon for many years, but I am not worried about it landing me in hell with him. I have already been there with that bastard, and I am a better person for it. Nixon had the unique ability to make his enemies seem honorable, and we developed a keen sense of fraternity. Some of my best friends have hated Nixon all their lives. My mother hates Nixon, my son hates Nixon, I hate Nixon, and this hatred has brought us together.

Nixon laughed when I told him this. "Don't worry," he said. "I, too, am a family man, and we feel the same way about you.""
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

I never knew who the hell he was, what got me fired up was the people he hung around with (known by the company you keep) when they found his body instead of calling for the cops they opened up some wine and started singing
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

I think I would have liked this nut when I was really drinking, read this sh!t,

Hunter Thompson's pyrotechnic funeral service last weekend, which would tax the imaginative powers of most Hollywood directors, provides one, though the American elite wouldn't call this decadence but "death with dignity." Hunter Thompson's death with dignity consisted of shooting himself, then asking his widow to shoot him out of a cannon. This momentous event -- which serves if nothing else as a measure of the mainstreaming of radical decadence -- attracted such establishment worthies as former Senator George McGovern and Senator John Kerry.

Thompson didn't ask his friends to gather for a corktail party at a cemetery but at his Colorado estate. There, according to press reports, amidst a scene of "blow-up sex dolls" and a "frontier bordello" prop pavilion, the VIPs enjoyed "trays of champagne" before witnessing the Zambelli fireworks company, which had very carefully encased Thompson's ashes in mortar shells, blast his remains from a 15-story tower as part of a fireworks show.
    :singing::singing: Now I love this whack job.
    McGovern & Gore showed up for the party, they probably had a threesome with the "rubber women" HAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=8630
  6. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

The guy was a great author but one who never reads or has a read a book wouldn't know that, I guess. Some of his funnier quotes of all time:

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

"The trouble with Nixon is that he's a serious politics junkie. He's totally hooked and like any other junkie, he's a bummer to have around, especially as President."

"For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

My personal fave:
    "America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable."

And of course just like every real patriot, he was murdered. I'll give you three guesses what for:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/march2005/020305thompsonwarned.htm
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Murdered?
  8. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Abso-fuggin-lutely!
  9. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

"Suicided" is the appropriate terminology.
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Weird. I actually went and read your link. It's a little weird...and wasn't there more at the time more to it from the family, about how his Hemingway fascination and so forth? I wonder how much of this is true and how much is people changing stories.

I'm not discounting it or calling you a crank, but it something doesn't fit the story at the time.
  11. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

13. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I encourage everyone on this board to do their research and some reading on these "suicides" that seem to happen to "troublemakers". Gary Webb is another prime example. I know most on here probably think what I post is way out there. Have you ever considered the slight possiblility that I am telling you the real truth about our country and it's leaders? Scary and more than most sheep could bear to deal with, I'm sure.
  14. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Piss off Harry

Hunter was an icon...
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yes, actually I have considered that you're telling the truth--at least more often than not, and I don't think you ever knowingly lie, fib or exaggerate.

But like with this Hunter Thompson thing--how'd the guy get in there, do it--or force him to do it--and then get out with the whole family in the next room?
  16. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Watch out Mossed, they're coming for YOU next!
  17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So is Charles Manson, so was Adolf Hitler. What's your point?
  18. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Harry, I think you and Hunter would have gotten along pretty damn well.
  19. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

stokes, ho-ho, he-he, ha-ha!!!:p
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 10 / -26

I thought the same thing..