PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Humor: "The world has no concept of Boston's pain"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously, this Jim Caple article is satire. :)

Having already suffered more than anyone else in any city in the history of the world, Boston fans woke up Monday morning to face another long, cold winter wondering, "Why us?"

[BTW--if you can't figure out it's satire, check out the names of the people being quoted. ;) ]

Average read. He mostly focuses on soccer. I thought it was moderatly entertaining that he used town names to fabricate people names (Quincy Somerville).

"You know, there are infants who were born 18 days ago who don't know what it's like to see a Boston team win a championship in their lifetime,"

not bad, it took me a couple of secs to get it though

I swear, has Jim Caple ever written anything entertaining, let alone insightful, in his life? Every column is "I hate the Yankees, but I secretly have a crush on them, I wish every day of the year had a Red Sox/Yankees game, Boston is really good but they annoy me, baseball baseball baseball, Red Sox/Yankees, Yankees/Red Sox, George Steinbrenner, Derek Jeter, A-ROD! Oh yeah, and Barry Bonds." All wrapped in the veneer of parody so transparent and infantile you wouldn't put it past a third grader to write it, and sarcasm so cutting I think you'd have a hard time using it to pop a balloon. And every other column is either an imagined scenario written like he was an aspiring scribe for a comedy on the CW network, or an "up is down, down is up" column designed to illustrate a point so obvious that even the lobotomized were aware of it, in this case that Boston sports teams are really good right now. Caple SUCKS.

/rant off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back