Welcome to PatsFans.com

Humor: "The world has no concept of Boston's pain"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ctpatsfan77, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 20 / -10

#3 Jersey

Obviously, this Jim Caple article is satire. :)

[BTW--if you can't figure out it's satire, check out the names of the people being quoted. ;) ]

2. xmarkd400x

xmarkd400x 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Average read. He mostly focuses on soccer. I thought it was moderatly entertaining that he used town names to fabricate people names (Quincy Somerville).

3. ALP

ALP Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +109 / 4 / -0

"You know, there are infants who were born 18 days ago who don't know what it's like to see a Boston team win a championship in their lifetime,"

not bad, it took me a couple of secs to get it though

4. Richter

Richter In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I swear, has Jim Caple ever written anything entertaining, let alone insightful, in his life? Every column is "I hate the Yankees, but I secretly have a crush on them, I wish every day of the year had a Red Sox/Yankees game, Boston is really good but they annoy me, baseball baseball baseball, Red Sox/Yankees, Yankees/Red Sox, George Steinbrenner, Derek Jeter, A-ROD! Oh yeah, and Barry Bonds." All wrapped in the veneer of parody so transparent and infantile you wouldn't put it past a third grader to write it, and sarcasm so cutting I think you'd have a hard time using it to pop a balloon. And every other column is either an imagined scenario written like he was an aspiring scribe for a comedy on the CW network, or an "up is down, down is up" column designed to illustrate a point so obvious that even the lobotomized were aware of it, in this case that Boston sports teams are really good right now. Caple SUCKS.

/rant off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.