PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Humor: the position most in need of an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope for the sake of all real Patriots fans that Jimmy G will turn out to be the Steve Young to Tom Brady's Joe Montana. I will not stop supporting the Patriots after Tommy retires (when he's ready to retire on his own terms). So Jimmy better start developing into a good QB in three years or so, because he's getting the torch from the GOAT and I don't think I can find the fountain of youth in three years. I don't envy what he will go through in the next few years, but I will support Jimmy G nonetheless.

I hope for the sake of all real Patriots fans that Jimmy G will turn out to be the Steve Young to Tom Brady's Joe Montana. I will not stop supporting the Patriots after Tommy retires (when he's ready to retire on his own terms). So Jimmy better start developing into a good QB in three years or so, because he's getting the torch from the GOAT and I don't think I can find the fountain of youth in three years. I don't envy what he will go through in the next few years, but I will support Jimmy G nonetheless.

Your support of the Pats is dependent on whether #12 retires or not?? Why would you you even question something like this??

Heresy, damned heresy...

Why would you want Jimmy to become a salty ESPN panelist?

Did anyone see JAG near Brady at the end of the superbowl? He was jumping around looking for someone to celebrate with. In the short time you could see him, no takers.

Did anyone see JAG near Brady at the end of the superbowl? He was jumping around looking for someone to celebrate with. In the short time you could see him, no takers.

I saw him jumping, didn't see him seeking anyone out.

Why would Tom be such a B!tch ?
Is JAG that far below him that he doesn't want to have any association with him, or was he looking for someone specific at the moment.....

Only TB knows.....

Watch again. Brady totally ignores him, then he starts looking for someone else.

I actually paid attention to that and didn't see what you saw. Just looked like two guys hopping around and Brady then going to the man he wants to celebrate with first.

Your support of the Pats is dependent on whether #12 retires or not?? Why would you you even question something like this??

Heresy, damned heresy...
"I will not stop supporting the patriots after tommy retires".

I actually felt bad for him..Brady wanted no part

Garoppolo's seat on the bench. Poor guy. :(

View attachment 8667
I think that's a matter of function vs. anything else. The space to Tom's left is where McDaniels sits and receivers always sit to his right. Jimmy, being a reserve, is nearby so he can see/hear what's going on but otherwise keeps out of the way.

Watch again. Brady totally ignores him, then he starts looking for someone else.
Brady went to hug McDaniels. I have no clue what JG's releationship is with TB but Brady wanting to go and celebrate with McDaniels isn't shocking.

Brady went to hug McDaniels. I have no clue what JG's releationship is with TB but Brady wanting to go and celebrate with McDaniels isn't shocking.
I read somewhere recently that Brady assumes a "big brother" role with Jimmy G.

Totally agree. JG didn't suffer through the terrible unluckiness of the past two Superbowls, he hasn't been on the team for 10 years since a Superbowl win, he didn't live through spygate before this recent garbage. He should go hug another rookie, and leave Brady to celebrate with the people who have suffered through it all, and worked with him for over a decade (or at various points during) to get to the point of winning a 4th.

But it is cute how he wants to follow Brady around, and pull up a Gatorade jug just to be closer to him. :D Probably the exact attitude you want in the QB2 you're grooming.

From Eastern Illinois to the same number of SB rings as Peyton in one year.....Not a bad reason to celebrate......

Heresy, damned heresy...

QB transitions are hard to do. Montana to Young, Farve to Rodgers, Manning to Luck went well, but most teams end up in the wilderness. I'll be pulling for Garoppolo for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back