PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(humor) Boston Constitutional Journal Post: Belichick blasts Gibbs-"Unprofessional"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Belichick Blasts Gibbs: "Unprofessional"
By Pulinya Feemir, Nata Sports Writer | October 28, 2007

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- After a thorough trouncing of the visiting Washington Redskins, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick blasted opposing coach Joe Gibbs, labeling him "unprofessional."

"Yeah, I thought it was a little unprofessional. As a coaching community, we live by certain rules, and I thought Joe was definitely outside those rules."

When pressed to elaborate on those comments, Belichick offered an explanation.

"You know, when we watched tape in preparation for the game, we felt like their defense would offer one of the better tests we've faced all season. But let's face it. We're the Patriots. We score on anyone and everyone.

"On offense, they weren't the most prolific team we've faced, but we figured that if we ran some vanilla schemes, they might be able to move the ball a little, so that we could begin some preparation for the Colts."

Bellichick continued, "We were totally unprepared for the Redskins organization to recruit players off the streets to play offense. I mean, those guys were so bad, we could barely get our defense enough snaps to break a sweat, let alone prepare for one of the top three offenses in the NFL next week. That QB in particular - they must have found him sleeping in the park outside the White House. I'm not sure he even knew how to play the position, the way he kept rolling the ball towards his own end zone.

"Honestly, I think the defense would have gained more just spending the three hours playing our scout team. I guess Joe figured that scabs won him a Superbowl once, so he'd try it again today. I plan to file a grievance with the Commissioner's office."

When notified by reporters at the press conference that the Redskins had, in fact, played their starting offense in the game, Bill chuckled and shook his head.

"Really? Are you sure? Wow. I guess I should offer my apologies to Coach Gibbs. Better luck next draft, Joe."

The Patriots face the undefeated Colts in Indianapolis on November 4.

Re: Boston Constitutional Journal Post: Belichick blasts Gibbs-"Unprofessional"

Is this from Brushback or the Onion?

That writer must be pulling our leg. ;)

That writer must be pulling our leg. ;)

Your kidding right ??

The reporter's name is Pulinya Feemir, in other words, pulling your leg.

EDIT: Didn't read your post slow enough, my bad

Last edited:

Your kidding right ??

LMFAO!!!:rocker:

Re: (humor) Boston Constitutional Journal Post: Belichick blasts Gibbs-"Unprofessiona

I actually saw this earlier on ExtremeSkins.com **

It was not well received over there :D

** - Yes, I admit it, I snuck a peek over there today and am enjoying all the hand-wringing. Particularly with them all but guaranteeing a win all last week :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Your kidding right ??

Yes. Hence, the winking smilie.

Written by

Laughin Miasov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back