Welcome to PatsFans.com

Humiliating, Epic Defeat For The Left

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And on day 365 of the Obama presidency, no less. The Republicans now control the "Kennedy Seat."

Let me say that again: The Republicans now control the seat Ted Kennedy sat in for almost 50 years.
  2. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Pinch me I must be dreaming...
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm just waiting for one of Obama's henchmen to step forward and announce he has "found" about 50,000 absentee ballots all cast for Coakley.
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +918 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Our forum lefties are in hiding tonight ... why???
  5. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I'm waiting for some of the liberals on this board to show up...Did they get shipped off to Gitmo??? We haven't heard from any of them all day....I guess they are still waiting for their talking points/spin from the DNC.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +450 / 5 / -2

I want to temper the understandable enthusium in here, by reminding people of the ***** slap the GOP received by voters, not too long ago. The notion that republicans are the answer, when they are themselves a big part of the problem, is misplaced I think. I like Brown a lot, cuz he seems to represent a more principled, independent, small government politician, but he's merely one person in a larger pool of powerful men and women.
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm just glad that :

- The 60 is broken.
    - The Dems have to learn a lesson in centrism from this.
    - Ted is rolling in his grave in agony.
  8. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I was talking about this with my father-in-law. This is basically just a knee-jerk reaction to a knee-jerk reaction. It shows how fickle the voting public can be... but for this to happen in MA I think it's a little more significant.

Anyway, what interesting political times we live in.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +345 / 3 / -13

Keep in mind that this isn't an epic defeat for ALL on the left. Many democrats voted for Brown too...so some of them must be victorious.
  10. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It has been held by a Kennedy for 57 years...the two years after John's election and Teddy's appointment was only warming it until Ted could Constitutionally take control of it.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +450 / 5 / -2

As usual, we're speaking a similar language. The last 6 years have been a referendum against people and policy, and not so much a vote in favor of any particular path, or ideology. Yet the victors have mistakenly taken their call to power as support for their respective extremist positions. The last few elections have been votes against coke, cast for pepsi, and vice versa. At some point I'm hoping both sides realize that the public isn't happy with either one. At any rate, this is indeed a very significant result. Let's hope DC is paying attention.
  12. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

By 2016, things will be so bad that everyone will be swarming to the polls to vote for Angelina Jolie.:eek:
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +918 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

The most alarming thing is Obama adds to his carbon footprint to come here ... and the polls don't budge. That is a slap in the face if ever there was one. A liberal democrat travels to a blue state and is rebuked.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 10 / -26

A mediocre candidate who got lazy and ran a crappy campaign, upended by a good candidate who ran a very good campaign... what else can be said.

At least they can now put "Tookie" in the back room for some self gratification.
  15. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

We can only hope that this becomes a trend for the D's :D
  16. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Actually the most humiliating thing I can think of is having to admit to being a Bush voter; but then again most of the non-republican 'conservatives' in here don't have the balls to admit to that. So they get get to walk between the rain drops.

Three good things here:

1) It'll be bye bye Scott in 2012. Yesterday was an aberration, he'll be easier to pick off next time around than Deval Patrick. The facts are he's flip flopped on UHC, he's flip flopped on cap and trade and he thinks hospitals should be able to deny abortions to rape victims.

2) The hard right nitwits who claim Massachusetts' voters are incapable of considering the other side can no longer say so; but they'll try, even though they themselves would never even dream of voting for someone on the left.

3) The phonies in here who claim to be moderates will be forced to drop that bs if they have so much as a shred of integrity. Brown's no Independent, there was an independent in the race. He got around 1% of the vote. Brown's stated positions put him to the right of something like 75% of the currently sitting Republican Senators.

oh and,

4) Once again Belichickfan's gone and showed everyone just how much of a despicable person he is. Anyone who'd take pleasure in someone else being in agony is beneath contempt.
  17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

Is Teddy still a someone SD?

If so Mary Jo says hi.
  18. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

weren't you prancing around exactly one year ago in your pink boa, declaring that the republican party was officially dead?

what is so hilarious is that the republicans are a bunch of idiots......they don't deserve to win anything back.......except for the insistence of democrats to be even more idiotic.

I knew this liberal uprising wouldn't last.....just look at the clown on the top of it.......Howard Dean has those fools pegged
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

The Democrat ARROGANCE that lost them this race won't stop here NOW THEY WILL REFUSE TO SEAT HIM that will be the nail in their coffin for 2010 & 2012.

This President along with the Pelosi/Reid Gang played the greatest role in getting Brown elected, the people of Democratic Massachusetts went to the polls yesterday and told Barack Hussein Obama "YOU LIED"

The wars still rage, Gitmo is still open and this President is completely destroying the Economy he is just throwing our money away, we have a President who cares nothing for What The People Want.

THE CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN HAS FINALLY HAPPENED IT CAME FROM MASSACHUSETTS LAND OF THE KENNEDY'S.

Praise Jesus H Christ God Almighty Lord
  20. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Not so fast bubba. In 2012 you know who will be running for reelection and if history is a guide..1932,1964, 1974, (Watergate)1980,2008 (and 1994 with no prez election)when one party wins big, it sweeps in and out lots of otherwise vulnerable candidates. One weakened Jimmy Carter-esque Obama in 2012 could re-elect Brown.

PF13 - you beat me to the "Mary Jo says hi" comment...
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010