PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Huge News: Redskins trade with Rams, will have #2 pick in draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the 2nd best QB in the draft is, in your words, "easily worth 3 ones and a two.", why has that much never been given up in a trade in the history of the NFL?

Good point.
But these times are a bit different because the new CBA allows this high pick to be signed at far less expense and cap hit than previously, making it less risky to the franchise and more valuable.

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't just give up any 1st rounder. They gave up the 6th freaking pick. Let's remember, it's not like giving up a Patriots first rounder.

And the #2 is a 39th pick.

So, to move up from 6th to 2nd in this year's 1st round, they gave up the aggregated equivalent of at least 4 Patriots 1st rounders.

That's desperation.

We all agree that the 'Skins gave up a ton and the move smacks deseration. certainly time will tell if they gave up too much. With that said, if RGIII becomes an All-Pro and the 'Skins win a SB, it'll be well worth it. They believe that giving up what they gave up is well worth it for a franchise QB.

I think folks on this board would think differently if the Pats did not have a franchise QB behind center for 10 years and the Jets, Fins and Bills did.

With that said, if RGIII becomes an All-Pro and the 'Skins win a SB, it'll be well worth it.

You make that sound so easy.

Cam Newton had the greatest rookie QB season in the HISTORY of the NFL last year.

Carolina went 6-10........and they still have first round picks in the future.

Last edited:
You make that sound so easy.

Cam Newton had the greatest rookie QB season in the HISTORY of the NFL last year.

Carolina went 6-10........and they still have first round picks in the future.

....and CAR needs every single one of them to rebuild a terrible defense.

The 'Skins already have a decent defense and a ton of money to spend on FAs. They have a vastly better situation financially than CAR.

....and CAR needs every single one of them to rebuild a terrible defense.

The 'Skins already have a decent defense and a ton of money to spend on FAs. They have a vastly better situation financially than CAR.

.....and an over-the-hill coach employing his son at OC.

.....and the 2 best players on the offense last season got booted mid year for 3 drug test fails.

......the best player on D is 37 years old......

.....have I mentioned Dan Snyder is the owner?

Once again Cam Newton had the BEST ROOKIE QB season in NFL history. It isn't a layup that RGIII replicates that.

You have to admit that the likelihood of not one but two franchise QBs going one-two in the draft and both living up to their potential is not great. People list Heath Shuler as one of the huge busts in that list of QBs justifying this move but he was the third overall pick if I recall correctly.

Hey, like I said, I can see their POV. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it working out.

Last edited:
.....and an over-the-hill coach employing his son at OC.

.....and the 2 best players on the offense last season got booted mid year for 3 drug test fails.

......the best player on D is 37 years old......

.....have I mentioned Dan Snyder is the owner?

Once again Cam Newton had the BEST ROOKIE QB season in NFL history. It isn't a layup that RGIII replicates that.

I don't understand why you continue to emphasize how spectacular Cam Newton's rookie year was. If RGIII has a lesser rookie year than that but has a great NFL career so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back